Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor Roberts : UK's hardest man? 2500 fights? BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor Roberts : UK's hardest man? 2500 fights? BS!

The following link is basically a sales pitch about "T3H D3adly" martial arts skills for sale from a fat UK "doorman"

http://www.multipliedforce.com/5hours/

The Bullshidoness is self evident when you look through it. I looked at the home site the advertisement stemmed from http://www.multipliedforce.com and realised it's affiliated with Russell Stutely.

Surely some of you are familiar with the Pressure Point Master Russel Stutely.

Here's some footage of him demonstrating a "pressure point slap"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJPAWynpLE

This is a clip of some of master Stutely's students playing around using pressure point techniques.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrOoYMNZGBQ

I could be mistaken, but to my eyes, there appears to be a slight similarity between some of Stutely's techniques and things I've seen in Systema clips.

Anyway, on the original point, has anyone encountered the "Uk's hardest doorman", or lashed out and purchased his instructional? I saw a review of the "Prison Combat System" here, so it perked my interest.

I have no intention of bashing "Pressure Points" or Systema - I am not an authority on either approach, and can only say that they do not match with the principle I have learned in Judo, or MMA. Even when I was practicing Shotokan, I was never lead to believe in this sort of stuff.

I do feel that the claims in the advertisement are dishonest, and it's odd that people can actually get away with selling such a product.

It never ceases to amaze me.

If this is what I think it is they have specifically said no MMA fighters allowed...
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Comment

This guy sounds like a joke. Who the hell keeps track of how many street fights they've had once it becomes so many? Hell, I haven't fought in the street that much and I never really sit down to count how many fights I've had!

It'd be interesting if some MMA or BJJ guys in the UK would call him out publicly to see if what he claims is true.

Furthermore, that one pic of the guy looks odd... as if perhaps the guy has been photoshopped into that particular background.

Comment

Yeah, this is total Bullshido. And his picture is photoshopped on a picture of a dojo. PATHETIC!!

Comment

correct circumstances. Trevor has been
          Anyone know if the Sambo/Wrestling claim is true?
          They killed JFK in '63, so what the fuck you think they'll do to me?

Comment

I think the reason bullshido systems like this can go on so long unchallenged is because the people who practice them are too lazy to even train so it's not like they're going to be finding themselves in too many dangerous/sketchy situations when most of the time they leave the house it's to go buy more doritos at the mini mart.

Comment

Here is the club he teaches at:

http://www.academyofcombat.com/instructors.html

It contains Trevor Roberts resume:

Trevor Roberts
              7 Times British champion
              Euro Champion
              Grand Master
              8th Dan Ju-Jitsu
              6th Dan Shiai-Jitsu
              6th Dan Combat Sambo
              Russian Master of Sport
              Trained Over 30 British Champions

They look like a tough bunch. I wonder what he is British Champion of and what his 30 British Champion Students won?

However, I can't see any direct involvement with that pressure point crap.
              Last edited by BomberH; 6/20/2007 4:34pm, .

Comment

Ok. So, his credentials seem legit enough on that last page link. The 5 hour course, however, seems like a really cheap marketing ploy. Perhaps the guy isn't really behind it at all and they're using his name without permission?

Comment

Originally posted by BomberH
                  Here is the club he teaches at:

http://www.academyofcombat.com/instructors.html
                  The site won't load in for me...
                  Does it say which ryu of JuJitsu he holds his rank in?
                  Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
                    The site won't load in for me...
                    Does it say which ryu of JuJitsu he holds his rank in?
                    Trevor Roberts
                    7 Times British champion
                    Euro Champion
                    Grand Master
                    8th Dan Ju-Jitsu
                    6th Dan Shiai-Jitsu
                    6th Dan Combat Sambo
                    Russian Master of Sport
                    Trained Over 30 Brithish Champions

Comment

Doesn't say which style of jj he's an 8th dan in... I do like the fact they use clear and accurate descriptions of their arts:
                      They describe Shiai Jitsu as "Combat Jujitsu" on the instructors page, but on the Arts
                      Available page
                      Shiai-Jitsu
                      A sport version of Ju-Jitsu, developed to allow flat-out practice without sustaining serious injuries.
                      Why not just describe it as sport jj on the instructors page?
                      There seems to be a lot of sticking the word "Combat" in front of an established style to make it seem more attractive to the layman I guess, especially in the British martial arts scene...
                      That said, it looks like a good site, and some of the anti-bullying stuff they do/have done should be commended.

I know we've got some North West bullies, anyone have any first hand experience with these people?

Also, on the British Champion thing... there are so many orgs/titles etc that it's entirely plausible that he's the British Champion of something.
                      Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

I don't know anything about this guy, but I've met 'world champion' kickboxers whose sanctioning body consisted of a circuit of about 3 clubs within 10 miles of each other.
                        !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Exactly... we had a club here that would rent a room in a leisure centre 50 miles away and then have an inter-club tournament and call it a national championship, complete with press coverage and medals.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Method2Madness
                            Trevor Roberts
                            7 Times British champion
                            Euro Champion
                            Grand Master
                            8th Dan Ju-Jitsu
                            6th Dan Shiai-Jitsu
                            6th Dan Combat Sambo
                            Russian Master of Sport
                            Trained Over 30 Brithish Champions
                            Anyone care to estimate how many years it would take to earn an 8th dan and two 6th dans?
                            Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X