Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor Roberts : UK's hardest man? 2500 fights? BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive trained with trevor roberts before and he was decent enough his moves were pretty good and the fact he fucked my teacher made all the better. However, his claims of being world champion blah blah not sure about. Pretty sure he had some connection to WJJF :englishmo!!!!

Comment

I'll have a look at his gym next time i'm up North.

Comment

Who's Trevor Roberts?
        Edit-Nevermind, damn comp is playing silly buggers again...
        Last edited by JingMerchant!; 6/16/2008 6:33pm, .
        "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
        And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Comment

Interesting to see this thread again. Honestly I forgot about it.

IF he really is affiliated with Geoff Thompson, that does increase his credibility for me somewhat.

But Sochin hit the nail on the head:
          Originally posted by sochin101
          Hi Wanderer1983...

Thanks for posting. It's always good to have someone with first hand experience come on and "defend" the subject of one of the threads here.

I have no leaning either way on this, but to clarify, I think the original poster who made this thread was more interested in to origins of his web-site claims, as opposed to Mr Roberts practical skills and experience.

Did he mention any of his experience/grades/awards/titles?
          What sort of self defence training did he teach?
          How did it differ from anything else you've done?

Cheers

Comment

Has anybody contacted this guy to ask how he obtained his rank and who gave it to him?
            King without a crown

Comment

Looks like an over eager marketing bod has put that site together, don't know how much Trevor has to do with it, he doesn't seem to mention the 5 hour stuff in the other sources.

At the end of the advert there's a recomendation from Dave Turton; anyone in contact with him?

Comment

Oh, I see it's from 2007 - I'm surprised the original page is still there, the way it's written must be pretty embarrasing for any martial artist!

Comment

Originally posted by hatchettothehed View Post
                  and the fact he fucked my teacher made all the better.
                  ?????

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X