whats all the hype with B.JJ training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats all the hype with B.JJ training

why is everyone so fasinated with brazilian jujistu its not effective on the street i would prefer for a grappling system on the street is roman-greco wrestling or freestyle it would make more sense B.JJ training is all based on the floor its sport not self-defense wrestling with simple boxing would take you a whole lot farther than just B.JJ training just no wrestling training anywhere in ny its all B.JJ that ranges from 180 to 275 month

I think the appeal of BJJ is that its just fun. I mean wrestling is fun but who really wants to roll around in a leotard with other men with headgear on.

I like the feeling and diversity of the moves in BJJ. Locking arms and wrists ankles and knees is alot more entertaining then a simple pin.

There's alot more aspects to BJJ I think then to your average roman-greco wrestling.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Comment

B.JJ training is all based on the floor
      WTF? I don't do BJJ and even I know that's not true. It's emphasis is on sport and ground techiques, but it has stand-up grappling, throws, and yes, even striking techniques.

Comment

Watch UFC 1 and 2. See also Sapp vs Nog. That's what this is about

---------------
        aaronboyd2: Or you could quote ME quoting Freaky Friday
        aaronboyd2: I LOOK LIKE THE CRYPT KEEPER

Comment

gypsyking,

thank you for your insightful views on BJJ.

you are absolutely correct, make sure you never join a BJJ school.

==================
          "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
          Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
          "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

dont et me wrong its the best on the ground take downs i have to give to the roman-greco or freestyle guys but when on the streets would you roll on the pavement would'nt that kill your back or a chance of cracking your head. i think wreslting would be more suited for the streets based on the fact of its takedowns or headlocks or even modified supflex and like i said some basic boxing you would be more prepared for steet confritation than a B.JJ guy would.and in B.JJ does not have no strikes maybe 1 or 2

Comment

"When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

For sure in the dojo he "is the shark". On a nightclub floor among the broken glass, cigarette butts and boots kicking and stamping from all directions I'd rather be a "stand-up" fighter - thanks very much.
              Don't get me wrong, BJJ is a great martial sport and their people are highly skilled martial artists and great athletes. But I think many people forget, or simply don't know, that there is a big difference between fighting and sport.

Comment

BJJ is not the best on the ground.

Comment

who do you think is the best on the ground
                  middlemoor

Comment

ARGH! OK ONCE AND FOR ALL! IF YOU FIGHT A BJJ FIGHTER ON A GLASS COVERED FLOOR *YOU* WILL BE ON YOUR BACK WITH THE GLASS PRESSING INTO IT!

Good luck with your fantasy of beating up multiple opponents. Hopefully you'll have an epiphany and when you get jumped you'll realize you should RUN like any sane person would do.

"The only important elements in any society
                    are the artistic and the criminal,
                    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
                    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

i say train wrestling and boxing or thai boxing learn some knife from kali and your all around fighter

Comment

i say train wrestling and boxing or thai boxing learn some knife from kali and your all around fighter

Comment

Re: "Good luck with your fantasy of beating up multiple opponents."
                          Hmmm. Didn't know I had one. However, the way some BJJ people talk you would think they did.
                          There is no easy way to defeat muliple opponents but I am amazed that some people cannot see the complete futility of grappling in such a situation.
                          No matter how much BJJ people brag about being able to beat any "stand-up" fighter one-on-one, the plain fact is that few if any real fights are one-on-one.
                          I am reminded of a school friend who when threatened by the school bully said: "Sure you can beat me up but - can you beat me AND my friend at the same time" (pointing at me). Naturally the bully sized up the situation and beat a hasty retreat (to my intense relief).
                          Punching, kicking, poking and biting might not be a magic bullet but it's the only thing to do until you get a chance to break away and run (or until you mates leap to your defense).

Comment

Osiris,

May I use the Nigga please in this situation?

You fucking idiots that don't even train in BJJ think you know how a trained BJJ fighter will react to a confortational situation?

How is that? Do you use a fucking crystal ball? Maybe you have more training than me in BJJ? I for one would not do one thing you dumb bitches have accused BJJ fighters to do.

You also make the assumption that BJJ fighters have not studied any other Martial Art... Far from the truth, but what do I know, I've only trained in 3 other disciplines.

The best one yet I've read is that BJJ has one or maybe two strikes.

Nigga please.

==================
                            Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

The best one yet I've read is that BJJ has one or maybe two strikes.

Yeah, one or two chops, one or two kicks, one or two elbows, etc, etc, etc.

I can't believe I'm actually defending BJJ.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X