Shorinjin-Ryu Saito Ninjitsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorinjin-Ryu Saito Ninjitsu

Yet another style which appears a bit weird.

http://tfam.com/

Total Bullshido, but cool looking school. I like how they try and make some connection to Hatsumi's crew by saying that, "perhaps Saito Ninjutsu is a distant cousin." And, "perhaps" NOT! Its bad enough that we have "real" ninja fags running around, fake ones too. Just as soon as BJJ dies out you will have Brazilian Ninjutsu; better believe that.

Comment

I am in the process of verifying his claims. I will let you know what I find out.
      Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
      "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
      Originally posted by D.Murray
      "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
      Originally posted by hangooknamja88
      My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Hi Jeremy, I did actually run a check to see if the guy was formally a SEAL with the two services that perform such checks, I was amazed that he checked out. If you want me to visit the Yale Divinity School please tell me.

Comment

SB, It would be interesting. I was checking with my sources as well on the SEALs as well as I wrote an email to both Sifu Bow Sim Mark and Saito Hanshi. If you are near the school and would like to check it out, that would be great. That always helps us to get a better determination about the person.
          Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
          "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
          My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

I'm not near his school since its on the opposite coast but I could check to see if he has a degree in divinity from Yale

Comment

That would be cool...Might as well check him up from head to toe before claiming Bullshido
              Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Just got the results back from the SEALs connection as well as the Ninjitsu and Kung Fu connection. His claims are legitimate. He is who he says he is. So with that in mind the only fair way to see if what he teaches is bullshido is to visit the school and practice with the man. Until then I would have to dispute labeling him bullshido. The people who I talked to said that he was an outstanding man both on and off the mat and helps out whenever he can.
                Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Nice to go this way occasionally too. I didn't post any stupid comments about the site, because it didn't look like total ass. The problem I had with this, is the 'ninjitsu' name.

Comment

Biggest problem is Shorinji is Japanese for Shaolin so I doubt that there were any ninja at the Shaolin temple :rolleyes:

Comment

Those who accuse a style or system or claims as bullshido, need to be sure that they have proof to such an accusation. Right now I am getting scolded by my SEALs contact because of this. Apparently Mr. Phelps is one hell of man and did a lot for his country and to see his name possibly being drug down was a slap in the face.

I explained that we were merely making sure that he is who he says he is. Again, we can not let personal feelings of how we feel about a style automatically point us to say Bullshido to them. This could and has caused a lot of legal problems in the past.

We are getting many new members signing up and we want this to be a good source of information on the martial arts. Phrost has been busting his hump to make this a respectable site in the MA world.
                      Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

...and I have not accused them for being 'Bullshido' in the first place. I said this 'appears a bit weird', which it still does.

& Of course, you can answer to him that Phelps's honor (as far as SEALS are concerned) was proven correct!

I very very much doubt that they'd want fake SEALS running around either, so obviously there are going to be questions asked.

Comment

Biggest problem is Shorinji is Japanese for Shaolin so I doubt that there were any ninja at the Shaolin temple :rolleyes:

David Dow
                          Bujinkan Anko Dojo
                          "That is why I repeat over and over the need to throw away the forms. But for too many people, they do not understand
                          no matter how many times they hear this."
                          Soke Hatsumi, Understand Good Play
                          Keep in mind that he also studied under Bow Sim Mark. Plus if you look into Saito Hanshi's background you will see why it is named that way. Phelps sensei's site doesn't go into great detail, but you can find his instructor's site at http://www.spiritaloha.com/welcome.htm Plus what is in a name? If it is effective martial art then what difference does it truely make in the long run.
                          Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

...and I have not accused them for being 'Bullshido' in the first place. I said this 'appears a bit weird', which it still does....
                            No you didn't. Never said you did. I was more referring to CQC who said it.

The contact understands are mission, but he also read the thread and seeing that he was being called bullshido, upset him a bit.
                            Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

There is still one question, which no doubt will get my ass kicked: He is a real SEAL. How does this make him a real Ninja?

"If it is effective martial art then what difference does it truely make in the long run"

Not much for the practicioners probably, but it doesn't make it ninjItsu.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X