Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullshido Artist Ralph Severe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Bullshido Artist Ralph Severe

    Is the instructor Ralph Severe for real or is he bullshido?
    http://www.artofcombat.com/instructors.htm

    #2
    "In January of 1992, dishearten of the Bujinkan politics, ranking and students' dishonesty, Mr. Severe began his personal warrior quest. During his warrior quest he researched Shooto Wrestling, Brazilian Judo, Catch As Catch Can Wrestling and Russian martial arts of combat. "

    Brazillian Judo? Russian martial arts of combat? Huh?

    Comment


      #3
      Well, his Taijutsu is authentic...which puts him head and shoulders above Ashida Kim and Sheng Lung Yi. As for the other training...at least it shows that he's willing to branch out and try new things.

      I have a feeling that he's good to go, and that he's probably pretty solid and strong regardless of how "Puffy" he looks.

      Comment


        #4
        i live in arlington, a city close to dallas, im maybe 30 min. away. i guess i can try to call them and get info on them.

        Comment


          #5
          Search function, n00b!

          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=ralph+severe

          We have had this thread before. He's legit.

          Comment


            #6
            He dropped out of the Bujinkan for obvious reasons. He's puffy, but the fucker can throw down for sure.

            Ralph is a bit eccentric, but he's a good fighter from what I hear and definitely not scared to throw down.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Shawarma
              "In January of 1992, dishearten of the Bujinkan politics, ranking and students' dishonesty, Mr. Severe began his personal warrior quest. During his warrior quest he researched Shooto Wrestling, Brazilian Judo, Catch As Catch Can Wrestling and Russian martial arts of combat. "

              Brazillian Judo? Russian martial arts of combat? Huh?
              Russian marial art of combat = Sambo, I believe. Ceck out the early UFCs with Dan Severn. He studied Sambo.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by bdweezil6998
                Russian marial art of combat = Sambo, I believe. Ceck out the early UFCs with Dan Severn. He studied Sambo.
                I don't think Severn ever studied sambo actually.

                I just find the wording "Russian martial arts of combat" pretty funny. Like saying you study a fight-related Javanese fighting art.....of fighting. The "Brazillian Judo" is also funny, since he probably means BJJ.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Shawarma
                  I don't think Severn ever studied sambo actually.

                  I just find the wording "Russian martial arts of combat" pretty funny. Like saying you study a fight-related Javanese fighting art.....of fighting. The "Brazillian Judo" is also funny, since he probably means BJJ.

                  Well As Asia saids BJJ = Basically Just Judo. BJJ is just Judo will different rules that favor ne-waza to nage-waza. So calling it Brazilian Judo is acceptable.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by bdweezil6998
                    Russian marial art of combat = Sambo, I believe. Ceck out the early UFCs with Dan Severn. He studied Sambo.
                    I think he means Systema, not Sambo.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Shawarma
                      If he's legit, it's most likely just a screwup on behalf of whoever threw his website together.
                      More than likely. He may be an arrogant jerk, but Ralph Severe will throw down with anyone, so he's not too Bullshido in my eyes.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Koto_Ryu
                        More than likely. He may be an arrogant jerk, but Ralph Severe will throw down with anyone, so he's not too Bullshido in my eyes.
                        The mountain of hair once challenged my old teacher to a fight. You can read the whole thing over on e-budo if you search the archives. It's really quite entertaining.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Robot Santa
                          The mountain of hair once challenged my old teacher to a fight. You can read the whole thing over on e-budo if you search the archives. It's really quite entertaining.
                          Neh, I've read enough of Ralph's bullshit over there to last me for years. It's common knowledge that if you post over there; you've probably been challenged by Ralph at some point or another.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Actually, I drew the rage of his Ralphness on Kutaki for something or other. I deleted my account, so I can't look up the post.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Robot Santa
                              Actually, I drew the rage of his Ralphness on Kutaki for something or other. I deleted my account, so I can't look up the post.
                              It's really funny actually. I just can't stomach that place. Too much ego rubbing and wannabes.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X