Lee's Champion Tae Kwon Do Academy, Mankato MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee's Champion Tae Kwon Do Academy, Mankato MN

I was looking a MA websites and found this Instructor claiming he will teach you weaknesses in the human body that very few Masters know about. Does he think he is the great one. I would like to know what he knows and what other MMA fighters don't know.Read the following article. from Lee's Champion Tae Kwon Do Academy, Mankato MN www.leesacademy.com and please give any opinions

CDT"Be Proactive, Not Reactive." ~ Tom Patire

Go to the seminar and find out lol. Just Kidding, sorta....

Well the site looks like any other TKD school...although I'll give it , it is well done...

And the "masters" do look well trained and certified but his caught me eye

"Taekwondo has been called the ultimate in self-defense because it trains reflexes so keenly and accurately that students can effectively defend themselves from attack by multiple assailants, yet they are also able to spar vigorously and in complete safety with fellow students without heavy protective garments."

oxymoron in there lol

further down

"
    When free-sparring, students pull punches and kicks and demonstrate good technique at all times; Taekwondo is never a bloody street brawl."

Well ok, its a MA, but they' re pulling punches, and yet this is the ultimate self defence weapon?Against multiple opponents?

Anyway, little off topic but... does he know stuff other "masters" dont, maybe I cant say , but really.... you can bring a friend so how secert is it? Or is it going to be?

Comment

I don;t livew around the area but I can go by a poster from Century for $10 that has all the fatal points ans pressure points in the body, I think it's call the Karate striking points. Anyways imy guess it is just stuff he hold back in class and so he can charge more for it in seminars so he can try to empty the pocket books of his students. Damn---good idea!

Comment

Any Minnesota bullies around this area that can take a look?

Comment

Lee's Chamion Tae Kwon Do

Yes go to a Lee's Champion schools. But if you really want to learn, don't go to the school in mankato, go to the school in Shoreveiw. Master Winkler has his own school, and is good friends with master lee, Master Lee taught him. But Master Lee's school is in Shoreveiw, Minnesota, Master Lee is a 7th degree black belt . If I were you i would go to the school in shoreveiew. Master Lee is much more advanced

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
            Any Minnesota bullies around this area that can take a look?
            I work by the Shoreview location so I'll think about it. Too bad they wear gi's, I hate gi's.

Comment

I took that course in NY. It had pressure points, joint locks and other compliance/come-along techniques. I've been through several police academies and there were only a few techniques that I saw at this course that I hadn't seen before. One dealt with doing an "insertion" (what they call a quasi-strike done with your thumb if I remember correctly) to the other persons urinary tract (the "insertion" is done centerline between the belly button and your junk). I can't remember why this techniques is supposed to be useful but I guess this would be one of the secret or hidden weaknesses that they are talking about.
              Probably a good course for private security guards who would otherwise have no training. If your real interest is learning how to fight better I would look elsewhere.

Comment

I used to go to this Exact same place, Master Winkler was only 4th degree when i started now i think hes 5th, I quit after 1st Degree Black Belt because i wanted to experiment with other styles of Martial Arts. The place is fun social and a learning experience, I recommend this to anyone, there are 3 locations I know about Mankato, (the biggest one) Shoreview, (where the Master of the entire establishment is), and Burnsville (which is kinda a crappy school). The best part is when we had interschool championships, there was a subway right in the mall that the Shoreview one is located in. :)

Comment

I am a Muay Thai, FMA, and Grappling instructor who moved to Mankato from Minneapolis. I trained with the Minnesota Kali Group since 1998 and am a Khru in Muay Thai with the Thai Boxing Association of the USA, a MKG arts instructor, and a Blue Belt in BJJ with Roy Harris. If anyone wants to better their conditioning, learn VERY effective techniques, and train them in a manner that is fun, safe and actually productive (you will actually hit something with full force!)-I am training with a great group of people at the University MMA Club. Yes! Mankato has more than TKD now!

I have a respect for traditional martial arts, as I spent 4 years in Tang Soo Do in my early years, and all arts have value. But be very skeptical of "self defense/pressure point seminars". Pressure point controls only supliment existng control/defense repetoirs, a cop will rely on his training and conditioning with the small hope that control techniques may add an edge. They rely more on supperior numbers, and technology. A solo officer never attempts a take down unless he/she has no choice. They would rather rely on verbal compliance or resort to other methods like mace, taser, or lastly nightstick. HTH one on one is seen (rightfully) as a odds against you endeavor. A 140 lbs. woman will still only be a 140lbs. woman with a few neat pinches if she relies on one seminar to provide her only self defense training, regardless of what this TKD marketing says!

Comment

Originally posted by MankatoMMA
                    I am a Muay Thai, FMA, and Grappling instructor who moved to Mankato from Minneapolis. I trained with the Minnesota Kali Group since 1998 and am a Khru in Muay Thai with the Thai Boxing Association of the USA, a MKG arts instructor, and a Blue Belt in BJJ with Roy Harris. If anyone wants to better their conditioning, learn VERY effective techniques, and train them in a manner that is fun, safe and actually productive (you will actually hit something with full force!)-I am training with a great group of people at the University MMA Club. Yes! Mankato has more than TKD now!

I have a respect for traditional martial arts, as I spent 4 years in Tang Soo Do in my early years, and all arts have value. But be very skeptical of "self defense/pressure point seminars". Pressure point controls only supliment existng control/defense repetoirs, a cop will rely on his training and conditioning with the small hope that control techniques may add an edge. They rely more on supperior numbers, and technology. A solo officer never attempts a take down unless he/she has no choice. They would rather rely on verbal compliance or resort to other methods like mace, taser, or lastly nightstick. HTH one on one is seen (rightfully) as a odds against you endeavor. A 140 lbs. woman will still only be a 140lbs. woman with a few neat pinches if she relies on one seminar to provide her only self defense training, regardless of what this TKD marketing says!

Well said

Most cops do not want to grapple , first off they have to worry about weapon retention. Chances are if a officer is going to be shot it very well could be with his own weapon. They have surveillance videos of inmates in a I believe a california State Prison practicing disarming techniques.

I have learned come alongs and compliance techniques they dont work in a vast amount of times first off usually your opponent is high or intoxicated and second they are not just going to let you grab them easily. In a real life confrontation if you ever watch the show Cops or these police video shows it is pitiful how bad alot of these officers tactical training is. Most assailants will telegraph their attention to fight. They will start to shift their weight get into an offensive posture. If a subject didnt comply after my first request chances were good it was on. Of course not everybody is a cop fighter but by experience you could get a feel for who was sizing you up for a battle royale.

In the street he who hits first usually wins. Thats why in police work techniques must be simple and quick. You may only get one opportunity.
                    Move along citizen ,nothing to see here !!!!!

Comment

Ah, I was looking at Lee's but maybe not...

Comment

Sael, wtf? That comment was worth bringing this thread up?

But wtf, thanks anyway, you inadvertently showed this to me. This guy sounds like a natural Bully.

Originally posted by MankatoMMA View Post

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Sael doesn't know about necroing a thread. She's a super noob! She meant no harm.
                          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Well hell, if Sael is an actual female martial artist, I like her more than Mtripp, Omega, or Asia.
                            *edit*
                            And gad, she joined this afternoon? Gee, I'm glad I didn't slam her. Uh, welcome to Bullshido Ms. NOOB, hope to see you around.

And hey, Lee's sounds doubtful, but you mite like the guy's school I quoted above.
                            Last edited by patfromlogan; 2/21/2009 3:54pm, .
                            "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Yeah, my network glitched due to the storm... Anywho, you guys really helped me out a lot! I'm seriously serious about MA! Thanks again for helping me out so much!!!
                              Last edited by Sael; 2/21/2009 4:46pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X