Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A first hand account of Systema from a 3 year student

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by jellyman
    First I heard of this. which is another reason I suspect this guy's a pure bullshitter and will continue to harbour that suspicion until I see him in person. He could just be very bad at describing stuff.
    ...or it could be that you've got a very difficult time dealing with the truth.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by jellyman
      What, by showing up to throwdowns?
      No, spin. Stop playing dumb...gee, I hope you're playing dumb.

      BTW kungfools, will we ever meet?
      If you're so eager to meet someone, I'm certain STAB instructor, Tanswell, will have no problem accomodating you. It's unlikely you'd show up.

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Kungfoolss
        If we're talking about the individuals that aren't susceptible to systema's brainwashing techniques, I'd have to say 100%

        Of course you'd have to.

        Comment


          #64
          No, spin. Stop playing dumb...gee, I hope you're playing dumb.
          No, but I am showing up to the throwdown.

          Have you ever actually gone to a throwdown?

          If you're so eager to meet someone, I'm certain STAB instructor, Tanswell, will have no problem accomodating you. It's unlikely you'd show up.
          LOL, why, is he your big brother?

          I don't claim to be invincible, so I have no issue working out with people better than me. Cross-training is a good thing, mmmm'kay?

          Keep it real on the interweb, bud, bleed that cyber-blood, cyber-sweat, and cyber-tears.

          I'm audi

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by jellyman
            No, but I am showing up to the throwdown.
            What do you want, a cookie?

            Have you ever actually gone to a throwdown?
            Don't believe in them or their mission. It's just a event for similarly minded individuals to get together and horse around. There are no standards for excellence.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by andrewa
              Why do you think this is? Do you not feel that this is a good indication that there is something wrong with Systema? If you were seeking membership in another activity provided by a business and you found out that several people had left this business disillusioned and disappointed would you not be concerned?
              Many people have left many types of MAs for those same reasons. So now what? does that negate the art they left. I left JJJ, MMA, BJJ, and many other arts behind; mostly due to getting my ass kicked in a street fight. Can you imagine my disapointment when the guy hit me, I thought I was untouchable.


              I just don't get the crusade. If the shoe doesn't fit don't buy it. Thus if you don't like Systema don't do it. What is the problem?

              Comment


                #67
                Can you imagine my disapointment when the guy hit me, I thought I was untouchable.
                There's no fucking way you really trained MMA and were shocked when someone solidly hit you. Seriously. You have no idea how obviously you're lying. Training realistically - MMA, BJJ, whatever - does not lend itself to thinking you're "untouchable" because you get humbled really quickly by losing. A lot. And no one can avoid losing. A lot.

                I'm guessing if you really did train at a MMA gym that you were a TUF fanboy that thought that training MMA would make you as invincible and cool as you thought the people in teh octagon!! were, and were disappointed when their skills, honed from years of hard work, didn't magically transfer to you. So instead you find Systema, where you were welcomed with wide arms and no longer required to actually test your skills, releasing you from your deepest fear!

                I just don't get the crusade. If the shoe doesn't fit don't buy it. Thus if you don't like Systema don't do it. What is the problem?
                If systema doesn't like being questioned then it should answer the damn questions and get it over with

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Furtry09
                  I just don't get the crusade. If the shoe doesn't fit don't buy it. Thus if you don't like Systema don't do it. What is the problem?
                  Gee, I don't know...perhaps crap like this ->

                  systema Crap.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    WOW! This thread has all the trolling, "new people defending stupidly" and internet threats we all have come to love from Bullshido.

                    Props.

                    I think it is hilarious how people are "amazed" that people TOUCHED THEM in a fight! GOD FORBID! The attacker flailed his arms and got a hit in! HELL NO!

                    Actually, i call utter bullshit on this whole thread on that itself. I can not see any good fighter whatsoever complaining about getting a hit in a street fight, because that one hit SHOULD (and i never use SHOULD) be followed by you manhandling the attacker in return with strikes, grappling and etc etc. Yes, you will get hit. Suck it up, condition, and prepare to make sure that if they get that hit on you that they never will again, and never will want to even try. Do not run behind a system that tries to discredit "hitting" or "getting hit".

                    Because some guy who was better then you beat your ass, it doesn't mean that it validates the fact that "Systema" is a valid and worthwhile MA.
                    Last edited by polishillusion; 3/10/2007 10:48pm, .

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Kungfoolss
                      Gee, I don't know...perhaps crap like this ->
                      Originally posted by Kungfoolss
                      Don't give your sanctimonious bullshit... PLEAAASSE1

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by polishillusion
                        WOW! This thread has all the trolling, "new people defending stupidly" and internet threats we all have come to love from Bullshido.
                        Originally posted by polishillusion

                        Props.

                        I think it is hilarious how people are "amazed" that people TOUCHED THEM in a fight! GOD FORBID! The attacker flailed his arms and got a hit in! HELL NO!

                        Actually, i call utter bullshit on this whole thread on that itself. I can not see any good fighter whatsoever complaining about getting a hit in a street fight, because that one hit SHOULD (and i never use SHOULD) be followed by you manhandling the attacker in return with strikes, grappling and etc etc. Yes, you will get hit. Suck it up, condition, and prepare to make sure that if they get that hit on you that they never will again, and never will want to even try. Do not run behind a system that tries to discredit "hitting" or "getting hit".

                        Because some guy who was better then you beat your ass, it doesn't mean that it validates the fact that "Systema" is a valid and worthwhile MA.
                        That's my point, just substitute any MA you like!
                        IT IS NOT THE ART, IT IS THE PRACTITIONER.
                        And yes me getting beat up is bullshit. After 15 years of MA I fought in a MMA match got my sternum broken. Spent a year training Systema, went fought the same guy; He didn't even come close. I walked all over him. Then looked back and asked why? Because Vlad showed me things I never have seen before. So I stopped competing and dedicated the last 9+ years to learning.

                        Like I said earlier, if it is not for you don't do it.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Originally posted by Blue Negation
                          There's no fucking way you really trained MMA and were shocked when someone solidly hit you. Seriously. You have no idea how obviously you're lying. Training realistically - MMA, BJJ, whatever - does not lend itself to thinking you're "untouchable" because you get humbled really quickly by losing. A lot. And no one can avoid losing. A lot.

                          I'm guessing if you really did train at a MMA gym that you were a TUF fanboy that thought that training MMA would make you as invincible and cool as you thought the people in teh octagon!! were, and were disappointed when their skills, honed from years of hard work, didn't magically transfer to you. So instead you find Systema, where you were welcomed with wide arms and no longer required to actually test your skills, releasing you from your deepest fear!
                          I'm not going to answer for someone else's conversation, but FYI he's far from a TUF fanboy n00b

                          some old timers here will remember this guy (as i recall, someone even knew his background)

                          formerly part of the canadian national wrestling team
                          and HAS trained in the other arts he mentions....with a decent amount of fights under his belt

                          but I'll let him elaborate on this if he wants to

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by jellyman
                            Actually, I understand there is a throwdown on Sunday the 18th, so I might give up Friday class for that, but there is always next Friday, or you could just go to the throwdown. I know others are going to the throwdown.

                            I will keep you informed.
                            So by showing up at the Throwdown you are trying to prove what?
                            I don't seem to see your intention stated in this thread.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Furtry09
                              And yes me getting beat up is bullshit. After 15 years of MA I fought in a MMA match got my sternum broken. Spent a year training Systema, went fought the same guy; He didn't even come close. I walked all over him. Then looked back and asked why? Because Vlad showed me things I never have seen before. So I stopped competing and dedicated the last 9+ years to learning.Like I said earlier, if it is not for you don't do it.
                              Ok let's examine this statement. If I'm interpreting this correctly you've been training 9+ years with Vlad; apparently after your "MMA" fight. Working backwards 9+ years takes us to 97-98. In 1997-8 MMA was still to large extent in its infancy. So where did this MMA match take place and who sanctioned the event?

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Here's a quote from Furtry09 which should pretty much explain his postings. Note to Moderator: Furtry09 previously posted his name on this thread.

                                "April 24, 2006
                                Demetry Furman

                                All I can say is that we have been gifted once again by Vladimir. "Let Every Breath..." is a master piece. This book will change the way you do everything, and it will accelerate your understanding of Systema exponentially. It took me years to accumulate the knowledge and information that has been put into this book.
                                For those of you who like to learn by following the 'how to' method, This book is for you. For those that were looking for a concise explanation of how, what, when, where and why to do it; This book is for you! For those that wanted to be given some guidance; This book is for you! For those that wanted an explanation of what they felt and understood but could not articulate it; This book is for you!
                                As I red[sic] this book I smiled and breathed... I don't know how many times, but I never stopped"

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X