• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Russia...

This is Systema?

http://www.rochesteraikido.com/media/short.mpg

The torture never stops.

This must be the russian branch of Yellow Bamboo.

Comment

OMG what a fucking load of bullshit......
      I'm amazed

--
      Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"I ate a cow once and she fell in love with me." Posted by WTDude August 01 2003.
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that?

I didn't watch the second half, I mostly just saw students rolling away to reset when the demonstrator did his thing rather than stay in crappy positions, but I didn't hear any outragrous claims being made.

I mean, sure it might be utter bullshit but how do you base that on the out of context video snippets?

Comment

"I didn't watch the second half,"

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love...is not music. Music...is the best."
          Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Systema was supposed to be the specific Hand to Hand combat method taught to Russian Special Forces which was said to be derived from Russian SAMBO. There's been no proof one way or the other on the truth of this claim. Of course after what I saw I doubt there's a martial art in the world that can truly claim to teach any "military special forces".

Official WTDude Badass Evil Genius

Comment

"Based on years of intense combat and secret missions, Mikayel (spelling?) shows you how to develope and apply the highest form of self defense... the psychic energy."

Does that answer your question Spunky?

Edited by - Angry-Monkey on August 03 2003 20:12:32

Comment

A lot of this stuff has been covered in other forums, it's not an empty force demo, it's a guy evading and escaping. Any "empty force" work that Mikhail does he explains in terms of psychology, not magic.

I trained last month with Mikhail in Moscow, there's no doubt in my mind these people are who they say they are.

There are more video clips at www.systemauk.com

www.systemauk.com

Comment

"I didn't watch the second half,"

--
                  Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"I ate a cow once and she fell in love with me." Posted by WTDude August 01 2003.
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

this is a systema guy....he is in alot of the systema clips.

Comment

If it's the clip I'm thinking of, it's Colonel Mikhail Ryabko working with a guy called Sergei Ozhreliev. Both are ex-Spets, Mikhail is currently an adviser to the Russian Minister of Justice.

I'm sure if you do a search you will find previous discussions on this clip - someone kept referring it as representing empty force I seem to remember.

www.systemauk.com

Comment

Its mainly a number of slow demonstrations of how to move, and the empty force bits look more like someone who has been hit repeatedly, and is taking active steps to not have it happen again.
                        Its basicly compliant ukemi. The voiceover though is giving it far too much hype.
                        Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Propably the most sad thing I have seen since I made the mistake of following the link to the yellow bamboo clip that someone posted.

I wonder what makes people go along with it...

Comment

What makes people go along with getting out the way of Mikhail hitting them? The fact that he hits hard? I'll be posting some similar clips on my site soon, except this time Mikhail is using a stick, sword and a cossack whip to do the same work. The people go along with those even more.
                            It's a movement drill. To make people move.

www.systemauk.com

Comment

No im talking about that last shit on the clip where he is not touching them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X