The Debunking of Swiftdeer “The Star Warrior”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Debunking of Swiftdeer “The Star Warrior”

The Reagans are notorious in Lubbock as storytellers. Local residents consider them among the best liars Lubbock has ever produced, which in itself is no small feat.

Chulukua-Ryu in Scottsdale Arizona. Reagan also teaches self-defense classes, wilderness survival, firearms training, rape prevention, and sexual assault counseling.

His parent organization the Deer Tribe Metis Medicine SocietyThe Battle of Bloody Heart/Operation Raincoat (spring 1967)Final Action in Vietnam
    Martial Arts Claims.

JudoJudoinfo.org proves that Harley Reagan was not on the 1964 US Judo Team.

Keep in mind that according to his war stories, he spent 1964 in Vietnam.

Regan also claims that he received his Judo promotions, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree Black Belts, directly through the United States Judo Association and the United States Judo Federation.

I wrote to both organizations to check the validity of these claims. The USJF stated that Harley Reagan has not received any promotions through their organization. The USJA told me that they do have a record of Harley Reagan who achieved the rank of Shodan in October of 1970. However, they have no record of him achieving a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, degree Black Belt in their organization.

Therefore, the information provided by the USJA and the USJF conflict with the claims made by Reagan.

Military Hand-to-Hand Combat Teacher

According to Reagan, between fighting communists in Taiwan, and falling out of helicopters, he found time to teach hand-to-hand combat for the United States Marine Corps. However, since the FBI and the National Personal Records Center have no record of a Harley Reagan then it is highly doubtful that he taught hand-to-hand combat for the armed forces

To help bolster his authority to teach his new age Native American sexuality seminars Harley Reagan claims that he is in fact Dr. Reagan. Supposedly, sometime in the early 1970s Reagan received a PhD in psychology from The Pacific Cultural Institute for Advanced Studies in Hollywood. However according to the California Department of Postsecondary Education no such organization exists, or has ever existed.

Harley Reagan in the News

In November of 1988, the magazine Karate/Kung Fu IllustratedSacred Organism, which appeared in the pages of the Phoenix New Times.

The Just Plain Weird
    Last edited by Olorin; 3/24/2007 12:24am, .

Very well researched article, Olorin. Your research-jitsu is strong ^_^

Compelled to turn a phrase; the only good fake Indian is an exposed fake Indian.

Pitty you left out the really creepy sex stuff, particularly that he does rape counseling with well... his story.

Right, well it's been a good while coming and it's good to see it up.

Has this link been e-mailed to Swiftdeer and his compatriots?

Comment

Originally posted by Bladesinger
      Wow, good work and all that. I don't suppose there's much more to say, really.

Originally posted by Die, Tenshi!
      Pitty you left out the really creepy sex stuff, particularly that he does rape counseling with well... his story.
      Last edited by Olorin; 2/03/2007 3:52am, .

Comment

Great article, Olorin.

The 300ft drop image is particularly illustrative... perhaps the guy should be renamed Flying Squirrel?

What will happen first, do you think: A rebuttal by the man himself, or an invasion of students defending their teacher?
        Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Incidently, people don't survive such drops without a deacceleration mechanism. For example landing in a huge snow drift. (B-24 crewmember WWII) Landing in the sea with a half opened parachute. (American flyer in the pacific theater WWII) Such a mechanism was not in his book.

Comment

On the fall front, I believe there was an aircraft crewman who survived by hitting some pine trees and they broke his fall.

As a former rock climber I find it impossible to believe that he fell 300ft AND landed on his feet. He might have done, but his knees would have come out of his chest......

If stats for falls are needed/wanted, first ports of call should be national climbing/skydiving and BASE jumping organisations. These people have some expertise with people falling to their deaths.

On the 'atrocity in Taiwan' issue, do you know Olorin when he stelling this tale? I don't know how widespread such an idea of death is, but I'd never heard it until I read a work of fiction, details of which I'm about to dig up, if we know a date it could be possible that he's lifted the idea directly from this book.

Regardless this is excellent work by Olorin.
            "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
            "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
            "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
            "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
            "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
            "More God delusions." - DAYoung
            "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Comment

Originally posted by Iscariot

If stats for falls are needed/wanted, first ports of call should be national climbing/skydiving and BASE jumping organisations. These people have some expertise with people falling to their deaths.

Regardless this is excellent work by Olorin.
              Would you be willing to make some phone calls to British skydiving organizations?

Comment

the 3ooft fall is bunk. I'm a fairly experienced rock-climber, and when free-soloing, most people consider a fall from anything above thirty feet to be potentially fatal, or at least capable of producing massive injuries.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                King, and lord of sin and pride
                With some mist his wits make dark.
                He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

Rumors are that he was training with Ed Parker at some time around 1964, Mr. Bishop, do you know Mike Stone or anyone else from that time period who confirm dates and whether Parker awarded him any rank?

Comment

Great stuff! Guys, if you saw the mountain of evidential research that went on behind the scenes to produce this investigation, you'd rightly declare Olorin as Master bullshit detective.

Something which seems to be missing from the expose is the bit where Mr Reagan claims to have murdered two "criminals" in "Justifiable homicide". He is incidentally, a gun nut with, allgedly, extreme anti-immigration and/or racist beliefs. He claims to often carry a gun (not hard to believe), hence I don't think anyone has ever called him on his shit for real - though how much of even those tales is true who knows....
                    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 2/03/2007 4:58pm, .
                    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
                    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by xingyifa
                      "In June of the same year, he reported to the Air Force Academy but by May 1959, he left after problems with excessive masturbation. "

Is that seriously part of his "official biography"???
                      Yes, yes it is. There is a lot of sexual information in his biography and in his teaching in general. Reagan also teaches sexuality seminars to help us pail faces get over our puritan notions of sexuality.

However since he is of Irish decent and not Native American his creditability to charge people 1,200 dollars for his made up Cherokee sexuality workshops is blown.

Originally posted by debul937
                      the 300 ft fall is bunk. I'm a fairly experienced rock-climber, and when free-soloing, most people consider a fall from anything above thirty feet to be potentially fatal, or at least capable of producing massive injuries.
                      What I like best about the fall story is that according to Reagan he landed on his feat and then collapsed.

Then as soon as he was out of the hospital, he was winning Jiu Jitsu championships.

Originally posted by sochin101
                      What will happen first, do you think: A rebuttal by the man himself, or an invasion of students defending their teacher?
                      Usually he just challenges his critics to a fight. However I do not see how the outcome of a match could magically transform his ethnicity from Irish to Cherokee, or make him a war hero, or an Olympian, or a wizard, etc.

In addition, I need to thank both KickCatcher and Sam Browning for helping me out with this article.
                      Last edited by Olorin; 2/03/2007 5:30pm, .

Comment

And thanks should go to the Native American online community who have been on this guy's case for years. http://forum.americanindiantribe.com...ic.php?p=51109
                        You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                        FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
                        Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                        Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

This was a good job man. I appreciate all the effort you so clearly put into it.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
                          King, and lord of sin and pride
                          With some mist his wits make dark.
                          He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! MOTHERFUCKER.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
                            Rumors are that he was training with Ed Parker at some time around 1964, Mr. Bishop, do you know Mike Stone or anyone else from that time period who confirm dates and whether Parker awarded him any rank?
                            I don't know if he actually trained with Ed Parker, but Parker did have a very low opinion of him. One time when we were talking about someone else, he mentioned this "phony" guy who was running around claiming to teach indian martial arts, but wasn't even a real indian.
                            I know Mike Stone, but last time I saw him a few years ago he was living in the Philipines, and only coming to the U.S. to teach seminars.
                            I'm sure someone like Ron "Doc" Chapel would know about Reagan. I could email him or refer him to this thread if anyone is interested in the Parker connection.
                            Last edited by Bishop; 2/03/2007 5:36pm, .

Comment

Certainly Bishop, if you could ask Mr. Chapel about Reagan it would be appreciated. Especially if he can remember if they trained together, when this happened, and if Parker gave him any rank before realizing Harley had issues.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X