Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biggest Fraud in England

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28910-2431341.html

Oh dear. I knew it wasn't going well. I didn't realise it was going this badly!

How the heck were things allowed to get this bad?

Comment

Sad isn't it... the higher the grade, the less you should trust them with money and if they worked for Sport England, stitch your pockets and count your fingers!

Comment

Fuck that, have Sport England got their fingers in the Judo pie too? Please say no.

Comment

Oh, those damn dirty money-loving chinese masters! Ooops. This isn't about kung fu bashing? How the hell could anything like that ever happen in the clean and wonderful world of sports & karate... You did take all the techniques from China back then, but hey, this is the 21st century (for some) so stop taking methods from the si-fus already! Next thing we know there gonna be lineage wars in BJJ. What a fucked up world...
          Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
          :
          I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
          " - by Vorpal

Comment

Yup
            http://www.britishjudo.org.uk/home/index.php

http://www.sportengland.org/resources/download/Judo.pdf#search='judo%20sport%20england'

Comment

ninghtmare, comeing from england myself, i feel for you guys i hate to see the arts set back this way

Comment

Originally posted by bishops finger
                ninghtmare, comeing from england myself, i feel for you guys i hate to see the arts set back this way
                To be quite honest, it doesn't make a great deal of difference at a club level. My training and affiliation fees haven't gone up. I've never needed to make any kind of contact with Karate England. They're one sole purpose was to govern WKF-type sport-karate (I guess with the aim of getting in into the Olympics) so their only contact was with the top level "competition squads" of each association.

It's sad that so many people who are from the old-guard of British karate (Terry Wingrove, Andy Sherry, Bob Poynton et al) got sucked into the whole mess (although I don't believe for a moment that those guys had anything to do with the "financial irregularities").

The main problem is the damage it does to co-operation between karate associations (which has never been great) and to the PR for karate as a sport. Inter-style competitions etc would be made easier by a unified "karate england", but no, someone got tempted by the big pot of cash!

Comment

Mind actually posting the text behind that link?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X