Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keichu Do - Part Two: Questions for Marx or KD Students

To Soke Marx or other KD adherents.

I've tried emailing Soke Marx with the email address found at http://keichudo.orghttp://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...page=Keichu_Do

*bump*

Comment

*ka-bump*

Comment

I'm not sure they want to play any more, Steve. :(

Comment

*puts out chicory coffee and beignets from Cafe du Monde*

We'll see how that gets em.

Comment

This is Micah Lopez, and I teach Keichu-Do Karate, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at Cajun Karate in Lafayette, Louisiana. Karl William Marx was married to my mother's sister many years ago. That would make him my Uncle. Any other questions? Remember to keep them simple, I'm a Cajun.

Comment

Originally posted by cajunlopez
              This is Micah Lopez, and I teach Keichu-Do Karate, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at Cajun Karate in Lafayette, Louisiana. Karl William Marx was married to my mother's sister many years ago. That would make him my Uncle. Any other questions? Remember to keep them simple, I'm a Cajun.
              Welcome Micah:

And we don't have anything against Cajuns. Would you like to answer any questions other then .7? I'm thinking about 10, 11, 13, and 25. Additionally in one of his books I believe Marx mentions a temporary restraining order. Did that have anything to do with your mother's sister?

Comment

Thanks Samuel,

Karl and my Aunt were divorced when I was just a kid, so I didn't see Karl very much. I don't know the answers to any of those questions because I have only been teaching Keichu-Do for about 3 1/2 years.

I have been suffering through the other thread, and I don't want to have anything to do with it. I would however be willing to answer any questions you may have about Keichu-Do, as it is relevant to my school and what I teach. I am not here to defend anyone, or their claims. Hopefully, I can give you a fresh perspective from someone who has been teaching Karate for 16 years, holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and who has a Pro Fighting record of 3-0.

I am also VERY interested in this Throwdown I haveread about.

I was just trying to be funny about being Cajun.

Comment

Please tell us about the Aligator roll, and how it relates to the Judo Mr. Marx studied.

Comment

Dear Mr. Lopez,

Thank you for appearing on this thread. Your cousin, Soke Victor Marx, was kind enough to reply to me via email, and his reply should be posted in part soon (with his permission). In fact, Victor brought you and your fight record on Sherdog up of his own accord.

Victor was also willing to train with/spar with some people in Chicago when he comes through here within the next year, and I'm sure people in the South will be glad to have you come and train at a Throwdown with them. In fact, there is a Throwdown going on in Atlanta this Sunday.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/

If you look in the "Throwdowns" forum, you should see the GA Tech II throwdown thread with details about location and time. It's short notice, ya, but if you can make it, I'm sure they'll be glad to have you.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Comment

Samuel,
                      I am not here to discuss Mr. Marx background in any way. I will, however, discuss anything pertaining to Keichu-Do, BJJ, or MMA. Please keep in mind that I am from a "new generation" of Keichu, under Victor Marx. Many of the techniques of Keichu have been refined over the years, and my BJJ training is highly influencial in my Karate teaching.

Comment

Samurai Steve you will receive a response from Soke soon. I do not think that he checks that e-mail address. So I have sent it on to him. He was not ignoreing you. If you have any further questions for Soke you can ask me, through my email which should be on this site if not PM me and I will give it to you.

Comment

Samuel,
                          I am not here to discuss Mr. Marx background in any way. I will, however, discuss anything pertaining to Keichu-Do, BJJ, or MMA. Please keep in mind that I am from a "new generation" of Keichu, under Victor Marx. Many of the techniques of Keichu have been refined over the years, and my BJJ training is highly influencial in my Karate teaching.
                          See post #9 for my question about the gator roll, you could always compare it to what you teach in BJJ.

Comment

FS,

Soke Victor Marx already got in contact with me on his Dad's behalf. He was gracious and forthcoming about a majority of the things written here.

Comment

Samuel,
                              If I may interject, what characterizes this "new generation" as such? What are you doing different from the "old generation" and which schools and instructors belong to which generation?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X