Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 20 years, I'm ready to begin leraning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a charge out of the "after 20 years I'll be out of the beginners stage". That is just the party line mumbo-jumbo. If your are not any good after about 5 years there is no hope for you.

Originally posted by sempaiman
    I get a charge out of the "after 20 years I'll be out of the beginners stage". That is just the party line mumbo-jumbo. If your are not any good after about 5 years there is no hope for you.
    Who are you quoting mate?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Originally posted by rottunpunk
      after 20 years or so of solid training, i may like my teacher have attained 5th dan and be 'just getting past the beginners stage'
      :p
      Sorry, I forgot the quote in question.

Comment

Can we try to n ot derail the thread with silly bitching about things like this? There are plenty of threads for you to bash BJJ on. Then you can go curl your pubic hair and paint your nails.
        Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
          Can we try to n ot derail the thread with silly bitching about things like this? There are plenty of threads for you to bash BJJ on. Then you can go curl your pubic hair and paint your nails.

I'm not bashing anything. I'm just making a statement. I just hate to hear BS like that. Saying that after 20 or so years, you are ready to learn. That means that you have wasted all that time doing BS stuff. You lost me on that curling hair and nail stuff - JKDTurkey. :qleapfrog :5kidding: :5kidding:

Comment

I'm not bashing anything. I'm just making a statement. I just hate to hear BS like that. Saying that after 20 or so years, you are ready to learn. That means that you have wasted all that time doing BS stuff. You lost me on that curling hair and nail stuff - JKDTurkey. :qleapfrog :5kidding: :5kidding:
            Go read the new sticky phrost posted. This forum, MABS, is going to be moderated stronger. Your only three posts have been attacking the "20 years" statement. Now, this is considered trolling inside MABS. So sorry.

Not only is that trolling let see have you posted your ranks or lack there of?

Nope!

So, you aren't contributing either.

Hmmm as of this post you (JKDchick and now me) are causing a thread derail. Please take his post and quote what you don't like in YMAS.

No, this isn't censorship it is putting the correct responses in the correct forums.
            Last edited by It is Fake; 10/16/2006 2:30pm, .

Comment

In another thread, which I don't want to derail, I responded to a comment that said "After 20 years of training, I'll be ready to learn." That statement is used by a lot of guys that spew the same of Martial Arts BS. These are the guys who are willing sweep the floor for 5 years before they are shown a down block. The object of Martial Arts is to learn how to defend yourself and how to fight. If after 5 years of training you can't fight, you are hopeless or in the wrong Art.

Comment

your thread had flame potential. still does, just not as much now.

this thread is worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake??
                  Go read the new sticky phrost posted. This forum, MABS, is going to be moderated stronger. Your only three posts have been attacking the "20 years" statement. Now, this is considered trolling inside MABS. So sorry.

Not only is that trolling let see have you posted your ranks or lack there of?

Nope!

I thought this forum was for discussion. I just expressed myself to a statement I saw. I attacked no one, and in fact was attacked. If we cannot have a discussion on things posted then this forum is useless.

PS. I started a new thread so that I won't "derail" this one.

Comment

Originally posted by mmacount123
                    your thread had flame potential. still does, just not as much now.

this thread is worthless.
                    So you think pushing a broom for 5 years is OK. Bring something to the table.

Comment

This thread is worthless because you brought nothing to the table.

What did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphim
                        This thread is worthless because you brought nothing to the table.

What did you expect?
                        You're intellect is overwhelming.

Comment

The stupidity of this thread is overwhelming.

--J.D.
                          Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor X
                            The stupidity of this thread is overwhelming.

--J.D.
                            Play nice, Doc.

Comment

this thread is a lost cause but i agree if you are "just starting" after twenty years you wasted a fuckload of time. just to throw my 20 cents in there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X