Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 20 years, I'm ready to begin leraning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/attempt to ressurrect doomed thread
    i dont think that quote is meant to be taken litterely

when you first learned the armbar you thought "wow, i can do an armbar"
    last week when you learned a small variation to make it work better you thought "wow, i just made my armbar better"
    in 20 years you will probably still be learning stuff like this.

that is my understanding of the context of the quote

Comment

Originally posted by sempaiman
      You're intellect is overwhelming.

Yawn.

No Content.

Honestly, what did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by roly

last week when you learned a small variation to make it work better you thought "wow, i just made my armbar better"

I stopped reading after 'leraning'.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphim
          I stopped reading after 'leraning'.
          a typo doomed the thread makes

Comment

Comment

When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

Comment

Someone who want to learn Ninja and refuses the offer to take a BJJ class needs that in YMAS. . . .

--J.D.
                Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Comment

Originally posted by roly

I think that pretty much answers it. Ready a new armbar variation in a book the other day, can't wait to try it. I'll probably learn a new variation in 20 years and can't wait to try that one out then.

The quote really means that(usually a BJJ specific quote from the martial arts I've done but can apply to any progressive martial arts system) there is so much to that particular art and it is constantly evolving that even 20 years from now, you are still learning new stuff just as if you were a beginner.

My sad attempt to make sense of this thread, if that doesn't help, then lets all let is pass on like a grandparent who has you in their will!

Comment

Originally posted by datdamnmachine
                    I think that pretty much answers it. Ready a new armbar variation in a book the other day, can't wait to try it. I'll probably learn a new variation in 20 years and can't wait to try that one out then.

The quote really means that(usually a BJJ specific quote from the martial arts I've done but can apply to any progressive martial arts system) there is so much to that particular art and it is constantly evolving that even 20 years from now, you are still learning new stuff just as if you were a beginner.

My sad attempt to make sense of this thread, if that doesn't help, then lets all let is pass on like a grandparent who has you in their will!
                    Helio must be ready for Fedor by now!

Comment

This thread has not been my finest moment. It was in another thread then merged in to this one, result is "Bullshido". Please don't hold this against me. I'll do better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by kingplaya4
                        Helio must be ready for Fedor by now!
                        Well, maybe if he was about 100 years younger, 100 pounds heavier, 100 times faster, and 100% smarter then he could at the very least run from Fedor.

Off topic but, poor Coleman!

Comment

Originally posted by sempaiman
                          These are the guys who are willing sweep the floor for 5 years before they are shown a down block. The object of Martial Arts is to learn how to defend yourself and how to fight. If after 5 years of training you can't fight, you are hopeless or in the wrong Art.
                          Well said; I just started my 26th year of training and I consider myself an advanced student. I became proficient in about a year and a half. I have just been fine-tuning the basic stuff and adding to my bag of tricks for the past twenty three years.
                          I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

Reading this thread has actually made me dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustardo
                              Reading this thread has actually made me dumber.
                              A content man is man that knows his limitations!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X