Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

differences between

Are sanshou and sanda the same thing?

How does leitai compare to these systems?

I always thought they were the same thing but I could be wrong.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

They are essentially the same thing these days. I have read that originally Sanshou was the actual training of the techniques and that Sanda was actually applying them in competition. I have never heard a mainland Chinese use the term Sanshou, I have only heard them use Sanda, but that' just in my experience.

I thought leitai was just the platform used for the fights. Leitai competition rules I believe are different than SanDa competition rules in that in Leitai rules it is possible to knock your opponent off the platform for a win (not really sure here), where as in SanDa they are fighting in a boxing ring.

Also rules for SanDa competitions can vary event to event, some allow knees some don't etc.
      安氏八极拳学生

Comment

How does it compare to muay thai?

And also, which one has more kicks to the head, scissor kicks, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by STFPjct
          How does it compare to muay thai?

And also, which one has more kicks to the head, scissor kicks, etc.?
          Sanshou has more throws than MT but lacks the elbows and knees. Nither are particularly known for high kicks,exept in regard to specific fighters. A Leitai is just a raised platform for fighting on, not a style or rule set, there are no ropes and you can win by throwing someone off, other than that you could have any rules but i've only seen them used to wrestle on (exept in Jet Li films).
          Last edited by Jer!; 9/19/2006 11:09am, .

Comment

This has been discussed to death. Use the search function.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X