Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJJ/MMA in Windsor, Ontario

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    BJJ/MMA in Windsor, Ontario

    Did a search here and nothing came up. The only thing my google skills turn up is

    "Central Combat Sports", http://www.centralmma.com/main/index_files/training.htm

    Sounds good but googling his name turns up absolutely nothing. He's not listed as a BJJ BB at onthemat.com.

    So two questions, does anyone know if this place is legit and can anyone recommend good places to train in Windsor? The best place I've found so far is Furukawa Judo ( http://hometown.aol.com/furukawajj/index.htm?f=fs ), but I'd prefer BJJ.

    #2
    I've trained there a few times before. It's not bad, but I cannot comment on Peter's creds. Most of the people that train seriously in Windsor go to Detroit for their BJJ. If you can drive, it's only about 20 mins to the states. Not sure where the BJJ/MAA school are.

    You can also try Kihon Karate in Windsor. They used to have a few guys doing BJJ out of there (and full-contact fighting too). Not sure what they offer anymore though.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Ikantski
      Did a search here and nothing came up. The only thing my google skills turn up is

      "Central Combat Sports", http://www.centralmma.com/main/index_files/training.htm


      Sounds good but googling his name turns up absolutely nothing. He's not listed as a BJJ BB at onthemat.com.

      So two questions, does anyone know if this place is legit and can anyone recommend good places to train in Windsor? The best place I've found so far is Furukawa Judo ( http://hometown.aol.com/furukawajj/index.htm?f=fs ), but I'd prefer BJJ.
      Hey I'm in Windsor... although I havent taken any BBJ/MMA, from what I know, that link is to a guy that teaches at Lifestyle Family Fitness on central ave. Don;t know anymore about him sorry

      As far as BJJ/MMA in Windsor, I would recommend you look up Mady's Karate, his school has several stlyes taught including MMA and fullcontact kickboxing. I do believe there is BBJ taught in nearby Kingsville, Hope this helps

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Chushin Ryoku
        I've trained there a few times before. It's not bad, but I cannot comment on Peter's creds. Most of the people that train seriously in Windsor go to Detroit for their BJJ. If you can drive, it's only about 20 mins to the states. Not sure where the BJJ/MAA school are.

        You can also try Kihon Karate in Windsor. They used to have a few guys doing BJJ out of there (and full-contact fighting too). Not sure what they offer anymore though.
        Hey Chushin Ryoku, I'm originally from Detroit and I will be visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday and would like a place to train. What places in Detroit would you recommend?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by datdamnmachine
          Hey Chushin Ryoku, I'm originally from Detroit and I will be visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday and would like a place to train. What places in Detroit would you recommend?

          Where in Detroit will you be?

          Comment


            #6
            Update: No post in awhile mma/bjj

            BJJ/MMA in Windsor, Ontario, Canada

            Team Xxtreme Gym (Phlattline MMA Apparel and Gear)
            - www.phlattline.com
            - www.teamxxtreme.com
            - www.xtremekombatleague.com

            Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy Windsor
            - jiujitsuwindsor.com/Home_Page.html

            Central Combat Sports
            - www.centralmma.com

            Mady's Isshinryu Chikara Dojo
            - www.madyskarate.com/

            There may be more places, I think Kihon Karate closed or moved not sure. Feel free to add to this,

            Comment


              #7
              I trained at BJJ Academy Windsor when I was there over the new year, it's definitely legit and they were very welcoming (like a retard I left my wallet behind and they hung onto it for me which was a lifesaver as I was going back to Ireland the afternoon after and didn't realisetill that morning)

              Although I think for a purple or higher you might need to check out somewhere else simply because (as far as i'm aware) they only have one purple, the coach, and several blues, so you might not have the necessary ass-kicking partners you'd need to improve.

              Comment


                #8
                I just found this place too.

                http://www.tecmartialarts.com/home

                Comment


                  #9


                  Team Xxtreme Gym is really good if you want to fight MMA. They have a lot to offer and know there stuff. There are a few Professional Fighters that train there and many armatures.

                  They Offer a few different Classes.

                  Boxing Class
                  Cardio Boxing class
                  Muay Thai
                  Spin Class
                  MMA (beginner)
                  MMA (advanced)
                  Submission Wrestling

                  Honestly they have everything needed to get you going as an MMA fighter,

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Jean Jacques Machado

                    Jean Jacques Machado has an Affiliated Academy in Windsor. Windsor Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is located at 4471 Tecumseh Rd. E. in the Giant Tiger Plaza. The Chief instructor is Ron Dupuis (Purple Belt JJ Machado) he has over 26 yrs. experience in the Martial Atrs, also a 5th degree BB in Isshinryu karate.
                    His academy has 13 ranked BJJ students as of 04/09. The childrens program is the most experienced around, with the advanced kids having over 5 yrs. of BJJ training.

                    519 968-3355
                    www.windsorbrazilianjiujitsu.com

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Anyone heard of MFC Windsor for MMA/BJJ?
                      www.mfcwindsor.com

                      Comment


                        #12
                        MFC Windsor

                        Yes i have heard of it, Not only have i heard of it Im a member there. This gym is probally one of the most complete gyms in the area. They have Kids Karate, Kickboxing, Kihon adult Karate, Grappling. Rino Belcastro one of the owners fights in Chuck Norris' World Combat League. Check out their webpage www.mfcwindsor.com. Trust me you wont be disappointed.

                        Cheers.

                        Triangles for me.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          BJJ In Windsor

                          If your looking for the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program in Windsor, check out Jean Jacques Machado / Windsor Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The Chief Instructor is Ron Dupuis (JJ Machado Purple Belt) (5th Degree Black Belt Isshinryu Karate). They train 5 days a week , 40 hrs. / month. Ron can promote to Blue Belt as an Official Affiliate of Jean Jacques Machado.
                          They have the most experienced 8-15 yr. old kids around, the largest female group and the most BJJ ranked students in this area.

                          Some schools claim to teach grqappling, they do it right.


                          4471 Tecumseh Rd. E.
                          519 968-3355

                          Check It out!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by senseird View Post
                            If your looking for the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program in Windsor, check out Jean Jacques Machado / Windsor Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The Chief Instructor is Ron Dupuis (JJ Machado Purple Belt) (5th Degree Black Belt Isshinryu Karate). They train 5 days a week , 40 hrs. / month. Ron can promote to Blue Belt as an Official Affiliate of Jean Jacques Machado.
                            They have the most experienced 8-15 yr. old kids around, the largest female group and the most BJJ ranked students in this area.

                            Some schools claim to teach grqappling, they do it right.


                            4471 Tecumseh Rd. E.
                            519 968-3355

                            Check It out!
                            Welcome to Bullshido Mr. Dupuis. I hope you like it and hang around, and contribute your knowledge to the website. A few notes for you:

                            Go ahead and post an introduction over in newbietown, tell us about yourself.

                            The competition footage spot in your profile is for footage of YOU competing. I am fairly sure that neither of those tweenage girls in the footage is you.

                            When you are advertising your school, a bit more humility often pays dividends. So does not referring to yourself in the third person.



                            P.S.: I am pretty sure MABS isn't for threads like this.
                            Last edited by mgb; 7/22/2009 10:26pm, .

                            Comment


                              #15
                              No Problem

                              Thanks

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X