E-budo Post: The Bujinkan's Shady Past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-budo Post: The Bujinkan's Shady Past?

Thread over on E-budo regarding the bujinkan's history and possible fraud, corruption, betrayal, drama and a little bit of sex. (ok just kidding about that last one).

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15

Questions raied by this article include:

Did Takamatsu invent seven of the nine ryu-ha of the bujinkan?

Is Hatsumi a genius manipulator and buisnessman who built a cult around a ninja mythos he knew wasn't true?

Are the bujinkan politics really feuds over who gets a slice of the multi-million dollar (tax free) pie?

The thread was called "The Secret History of the Bujinkan, and how it relates to Pammachon." and was originally posted on a Greek language bujinkan forum by an old-timer in the system. Much heated discussion was generated by this. The reason I found it interesting is that you can find drips and drabs of dirt on the bujinkan's history scatterd about on forums and usenet posts but this is a pretty big airing of dirty laundery and seems to bring together several disparate aspects about the organisation into something cohesive. Now it should be rememberd that little hard evidence is presented, but the story does make a type of logical sence.

Good find. We need a comprehensive investigation and article on the Bujinkan.

Comment

Good Luck.
      The best possibel researcher would be Mongo bewing in Japan and all but, who and where would you go to for information except from disgrunteled Ex-Bujinkan.

Comment

Wow.... it all makes sense now... I might show my sensei that post.

Comment

Both Hatsumi and Hayes followed the L. Ron Hubbard business plan; start a religion, make money.

Hayes' Quest Center/To-Shin-Do cult is the scariest of both in my opinion though.
          <insert witty comment>

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Ten-Chi-Jin document that is referred to as a legitimate form of training.

Comment

Originally posted by eyebeams
              I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that Ten-Chi-Jin document that is referred to as a legitimate form of training.
              I have a copy. It's nothing special. For instance:

"HIBARI (Skylark)

The attacker steps in with a right high lunge punch. The defender drops forward
              and right to a crouching position on his right knee with both hands on the ground. Defender the springs up with a double punch, loops his right arm under the attacker's left, and executes a GANSEKI NAGE forward hip throw with a leg sweep."

A typical technique entry reads like that.

Comment

Also, somebody might want to save this article somewhere as this stuff has a tendency to disappear.

Comment

My Piece:

Togakure Ryu is invented by Takamatsu in the 50s, his scrolls were written by Takamatsu.

Kumogakure Ryu Ninpo - made up
                  Gyokushin Ryu Ninpo - made up

As for the rest. They have their own lineage Grandmaster, none of them is Hatsumi
                  Last edited by plasma; 9/08/2006 12:16pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                    I have a copy. It's nothing special. For instance:

"HIBARI (Skylark)

The attacker steps in with a right high lunge punch. The defender drops forward
                    and right to a crouching position on his right knee with both hands on the ground. Defender the springs up with a double punch, loops his right arm under the attacker's left, and executes a GANSEKI NAGE forward hip throw with a leg sweep."

A typical technique entry reads like that.

Thats is the jist of the document.

Comment

That paragraph somes up the Bujinkan.

Comment

Originally posted by rw4th
                        Both Hatsumi and Hayes followed the L. Ron Hubbard business plan; start a religion, make money.

Hayes' Quest Center/To-Shin-Do cult is the scariest of both in my opinion though.
                        So bujinkaners are like thetan with tabi boots?
                        Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

lol....nice.

Comment

Originally posted by pl4zM4
                            Thats is the jist of the document.
                            Still piques my interest. I follow the Booj stuff mostly because I briefly took instruction from a guy under Hayes who could actually fight. So I do have a few, strictly qualified, positive opinions about the delivery system, though not the implementation, of those arts.
                            Last edited by eyebeams; 9/08/2006 12:43pm, .

Comment

If you read the link in the first post it mentions how orginally BJK training was harsh, hard and brutal. That is was kata-ified for marketing purposes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X