New Video would love some feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Video would love some feedback

I just realised my latest vid i would love some feedback on it, how is my martial arts coming along?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuBzsJsEYZg[/media]

Thanks, i haver never had an instrutor i only have homeschooled myself.

GAWD!!!!

You are now going to be eaten alive.

You know of newbie town, right?

Comment

I caught one in the wild! That means I can eat his liver, right?
      Originally posted by smallwood2000
      Thanks, i haver never had an instrutor i only have homeschooled myself.
      ...and it shows!
      Try hitting something hard with those 'chucks. A tree or something. Once the bruises go away, you might figure out that it's a pretty fucking useless weapon.
      Your sword and staff work is so bad I can't even bring myself to talk about it.
      Grabbing your own wrists and throwing crescent kicks? Who the fuck told you that would be a good idea? I hope to god you didn't think it was a good idea all by yourself.

Here's some advice: go get some instruction. From a real instructor in an effective, alive art preferably. Fighting is not something you can teach yourself at home, by yourself.

Unless, of course, you WANT to be a LARPing jackass, then, by all means, keep on doing what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by hapkido_keith
        I caught one in the wild! That means I can eat his liver, right?

...and it shows!
        Try hitting something hard with those 'chucks. A tree or something. Once the bruises go away, you might figure out that it's a pretty fucking useless weapon.
        Your sword and staff work is so bad I can't even bring myself to talk about it.
        Grabbing your own wrists and throwing crescent kicks? Who the fuck told you that would be a good idea? I hope to god you didn't think it was a good idea all by yourself.

Here's some advice: go get some instruction. From a real instructor in an effective, alive art preferably. Fighting is not something you can teach yourself at home, by yourself.

Unless, of course, you WANT to be a LARPing jackass, then, by all means, keep on doing what you're doing.
        Don't be so hard on him, he said "my martial arts."

He's making his own style.

Comment

what Hk said plus :

STOP watching MA movies and getting your moves from them !

get a real teacher and please,since you are so found of classic quotes, " empty your cup" first!

your nunchaku moves are useless against someone bent on hurting you, hell I would just charge you while you are flipping them and choke you with them !

Comment

Wow. This is the sadness of youtube.

The Star Wars kid was an accident. You did this poor shit on purpose then, you posted it for the world to see.

The best part was reading the comment from the other nunchuckle head. He is critquing you while, his shit is actually slower and worse. If that is possible.

Comment

Of all the clowns to come here and post junk, you really should have lurked more. A lot more.

Comment

He said smallwood.

Comment

Reese, you said what I wouldn't.

Comment

I'm not even going to bother watching it now...

Go get some real training... Bitch!

Comment

It's hard to give you feedback on this video because what you're performing isn't a form of traditional martial arts and isn't intended for actual fighting (I hope).

That pretty much leaves the interesting area between martial arts and performance, movement discipline for its own sake, etc. On that basis, you show some good co-ordination with the weapons and you've obviously put in some time on those skills.

You have a habit of looking down when you're moving which isn't a good practice either in fighting or as a "martial performer", for different reasons. Your footwork, general posture and stances are very natural but you need to work on what is sometimes called "settsuke" in the Japanese MA, meaning connectivity through good posture.

By letting your knees torque inwards and rolling up onto the edges of your feet, you're off balance and thus robbing your movements of a lot of power.

Your kicks do need a lot of work, especially your side-facing kicks.

Even if, as I'm assuming, you're mostly doing this training as a sort of performing art and for the challenge of developing co-ordination skills, etc., you'll do better to visualize a reason for all of your techniques. Better, as others have suggested, would be to take lessons at a school that fits your needs.

Comment

Out of the millions of teens out there that piss around with those sort of weapons you would be a very small minority that film it and put it on the web. good example of why not to use nunchuka in the house . My 8 year old son thought it was good. I am understandibly a little concerned

Comment

The smashing of the light or whatever at the end was classic. Hahahaha! Jokes!

Comment

That was nice. Why are you posting it on a martial arts forum?

Comment

No...no...no...
                              Put that sword back down, hurts my eyes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X