A Good Self-Defense system involves....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Self-Defense system involves....

I think it should definitely involve some type of sparring, if you've never been hit you won't know what to do when you are. Also realism is nice....lol.
    It should also include what to do when faced with multiple attackers, groundfighting, weapons, stompings, etc.

grabs, chokes, headlocks, bear hugs, conditioning

it is funny to see fat or out of shape people talking about how great their MA is.

Guns....the fifth range
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Conditioning has to be a factor. It is amusing when people talk about how great "master" is yet, "master" weighs 300 lbs and his diet consists of Big Macs. But he can kill you with 50 different techniques.
      Realism for sure, you have to be in shape, which ultimatley increases ur survival chances anyway.

Comment

Actually there are several past threads on this about 60 pages back if you want to referance what has already been said.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

YAWN***BEEN COVERED***MANY, MANY, MANY TIMES***

just a quick comment, yes sparring with no protective gear. this is what is allowed and whats not allowed.

ALLOWED:
          *open hand slaps to the face and head, as much force as you want.

*open and closed hand strikes to the body, unlimited force. you dont block you get hit, and it will hurt.

*kicks to torso, unlimited force. You dont block, your ribs may bruise or break. round house and smash kicks to the inner thigh and femur are acceptable.

*takedowns, someone doesn't chamber their kick upon returning, they deserve to land on their ass, i like to make sure i scoop the supporting leg out from under them while trapping the assholes kick that he left hanging there for me.

NOT ALLOWED:
          *groin strikes and kicks.

*leave the knee caps alone as well.

"When attacked insult, and insult to kill"

Comment

You know, I really dont buy the conditioning thing. These people aren't personal trainers, they teach you fight techniques. Not that including conditioning is bad by any means, but I see it as something the person should be doing ON THEIR OWN. Of course this doesnt include competition sports, just self-defense. And fat guys can fight pretty damn well, good old Tank would kill most of us.

Comment

fukk the you punch, i punch, you kick, i kick with the storm trooper gear on. if i wanted to see storm troopers i'd rent star wars.

if you take martial arts, you fight and learn to kill. so train that way.

Comment

and fukk the conditioning, just eat right and excersise moderatly and you'll be fine.

Comment

A great self defence system involves a licence to carry a concealed firearm, a few weeks of tactical shooting, and haveing an IQ of over 100.

------------------------
                  I remain, Hapko3
                  You say what about my rice?

Comment

IQ over 100? Damn most of you are fucked!!!

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

tank has muscle under the fat...

if you are in bad shape...you ain't runnin' from shit

Guns....the fifth range

Comment

i personally do not chamber any roundhouse kicks! the whole theory behind a roundhouse kick is that the power comes from body and hip.

i have heard and seen people chamber roundhouse kicks, in my opinion, your not implenting the kick the way it was designed to be executed.

"takedowns, someone doesn't chamber their kick upon returning, they deserve to land on their ass, i like to make sure i scoop the supporting leg out from under them while trapping the assholes kick that he left hanging there for me."

i said if they DO NOT chamber, such as when they throw a front, side or any kick that should be brought back to chamber position for a balanced recovery.

jesus, i am revealing to much, sorry guys. i have lost my mind of a few seconds.

oh, and one more thing. when someone does not return to chamber, it's because they are lazy and like i said deserve to be shown the floor!

Comment

omega : yep.

------------------------
                          I remain, Hapko3
                          You say what about my rice?

Comment

oh, and one more thing. when someone does not return to chamber, it's because they are lazy and like i said deserve to be shown the floor!
                            We don't chamber or re-chamber. If you re-chamber someone can follow the kick right in and then you'd be chambered but in clinch range.

Guns....the fifth range

Comment

oh, and a good self-defense system should have some aggression training. Train people how to attack not only physically but also mentally.

Guns....the fifth range

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X