legal issues(rape)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

legal issues(rape)

In the UK we have a pretty messed up legal system (IMO). Just to mention a couple of cases before throwing a question out to you. A young woman was raped but during the attack she said the words "At least use a condom", because she knew she was going to be raped and unable to fend the man off, she wanted to prevent disease or infection. In her mind she was still being forced, but because she spoke that single line the jury considered that "consent" and her attacker was found not guilty.

Another case concerned a man visiting his ex-Girl friend, it was early in the morning and she only had her night gown on. I can't remeber the details exsactly but the woman was raped and her attacker(ex) used the fact that she wasn't wearing underwear as a defence and this in the eyes of the Jury constituted some kind of "provocation".

Ok, now you see how f'cked the system can be. I was thinking that a woman using grappling to defend herself might find that putting the attacker in her guard constitutes provocation, I can't see how they can twist it to mean consent but you never know. Have there been any cases where anything like that has happened? Or does the attacker always get stopped by the grappling woman?

Damn, that sucks.

Simps

Comment

Our system is the biggest load of shit ever!

Putting the guy in her gaurd probably would constitute consent under our "laws". I say triangle him until he passes out.

----------------------------------------------------------
      Space may be the final frontier,
      But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Canada's legal system is right behind yours SLJ.

"Everybody knows...if the police have to chase you down, they're brining an ass kicking with them". - Chris Rock
        "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

It's a shame Common sense is dead isn't it RP?

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Women need to get a 9mm and 15 friends these days.

Simps

Comment

LOL if you guys believe what the thread starter said.

Comment

With our law, it's very believable.

Comment

Care to hunt down this 'law' and prove how rediculous it is?

Comment

There is no one law, there are instead several dozen different conflicting laws that are anacronistic and outdated. Many of these laws go back to when women were still considered chattel.

Therefore what is right and just may be very different to what is legal.

Lucky us.
                    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

In the UK we have a pretty messed up legal system (IMO). Just to mention a couple of cases before throwing a question out to you. A young woman was raped but during the attack she said the words "At least use a condom", because she knew she was going to be raped and unable to fend the man off, she wanted to prevent disease or infection. In her mind she was still being forced, but because she spoke that single line the jury considered that "consent" and her attacker was found not guilty.
                      There was a case very similiar here in the states, and the same thing was argued that victim told the attacker to put on a condom, it was argued by the defense that she just gave into his wishes citing that most woman wouldn't think such a thing because they would be to busy trying to do something to not get raped. I can't remeber how that one turned out, the media lost interest in it pretty quick.

There was a story here in the states of a woman who was about to get raped, the attacker told the woman to preform oral sex on him at knife point, she went down on the guy and bit down so hard his member was barely hanging on, he was put into complete shock and couldn't move, she called the cops and he got busted.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
                      Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

LOL if you guys believe what the thread starter said.

You doubt this? Try looking up some cases my friend you'd be surprised. I found cases in many countries that are even more ridiculous, especially pre 1960 in the US.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

The 'blame the victim' defense is a standard defense ploy. While some states have 'rape shield' statutes saying that the defendant can't get into the victim's past sexual history, in actuality, once the defendant raises consent as a defense they open the door to ask certain questions of the type that raise the claim that the victim 'wanted it'. Culturally however there is some evidence that American jury pools are becoming more sympathetic to the victims. When a woman in Texas convinced her attacker to wear a condom and the matter was tried a couple years ago the jury did convict the offender of rape. I guess it depends on the jury pool.

Comment

From my reading about English crime it also appears to an outsider that the English are more likely to view their accused defendant as a victim of society then would be the case in the American system.

Comment

The 'blame the victim' defense is a standard defense ploy. While some states have 'rape shield' statutes saying that the defendant can't get into the victim's past sexual history, in actuality, once the defendant raises consent as a defense they open the door to ask certain questions of the type that raise the claim that the victim 'wanted it'. Culturally however there is some evidence that American jury pools are becoming more sympathetic to the victims. When a woman in Texas convinced her attacker to wear a condom and the matter was tried a couple years ago the jury did convict the offender of rape. I guess it depends on the jury pool.

Samuel Browning
                              So much for the abbreviated assumptive explanation.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X