No announcement yet.

legal issues(rape)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Omega what is your take on the matter and how do you differ with the above quote?

Comment

I don't. I'm just saying you went into a deeper explaination.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

I think it's up to the lawyer to educate the jury about rape. I don't think that always happens. They should have some kind of educational rape defense video that the jury must watch. A jury is just made up of average people.

Comment

Comment

Actually Dochter that's more up to local authorities rather than state. Lawyers shouldn't be the ones deciding on how rape laws are decided. Especially here in the states. The law is a living thing, changing from time to time. Lawyers tend to distort that which is true.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

Omega,
              I'm just bitter because unlike the vast majority of people I was actually looking forward to jury duty, I'm a grad student when I'm not doing field work I sit in an office and write and read papers so I don't mind missing work. I also felt the law was ludicrous (forgot they're largely municipally decided) and looked forward to seeing how the case would be presented.

On the topic of the thread, I certainly hope that the trend is away from "blaming the victim" and hopefully this will be seen in the UK as well.

As a side note on rape what are the various evidence requirements for date rape? I know a couple of women who post-hoc decided they were raped, even after multiple sexual encounters with the alleged assailant. I lost a lot of respect for these women as I've always heard how destructive false charges can be to a person.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

Comment

Sorry Omega, sometimes I read too much into things

Comment

>The English are more likely to view their accused defendant as a victim of society then would be the case in the American system.

You're right there, and it's a load of bullshit!

You commit a crime, and it's no one's fault but your's.

----------------------------------------------------------
                  Space may be the final frontier,
                  But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
                  "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                  YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Unless it's the victim's

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
                    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Then they wouldn't be a victim.

----------------------------------------------------------
                      Space may be the final frontier,
                      But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
                      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

well the cases in the first post, i think are false as individual cases. They are legal urban legends. Though similar cases of abuse by the legal system certainly do happen (all over the world). But as Dochter said, sometimes the allegation is just as bad. People lives are ruined when people go on 'crudaes'. For example, (1) man and woman are drinking, they have sex. Man can be charged with rape because he 'victim' supposedly could not legally consent being in an impaired state, though the man is always in control of his faculties (2) In some colleges a man can be expelled from the university on allegations of rape (or 'sexual assault'). There was a famous case here that made it into all of those tragedy TV shows (primetimelive, dateline). This guy was accused of rape and without any legal action, he was expelled from the university and it went into his record. The uni refused to hear anymore about it. I believe it was his senior year, but i am not sure. Unfortunately most universities don't take allegations seriously...so we have a cath-22. (3) The term sexual assault is so ambiguous and used by feminist groups in order to promote and agenda. X out of Y women are victimes of sexual assault. In some places sexual assault is exposure all of the way to rape. I recently tried to find as legal definition, but it seems to change from place to place. Sometimes rape is not even included in sexual assault figures but is counted by itself.

So....to keep it short everything is f-ed. If a woman is being raped (or someone is trying), i believe deadly force should be applicable.

Guns....the fifth range
                        There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

You think your legal system is fucked up?

Amado Diallo (sp?) got sodomozed by a plunger by POLICE in A POLICE station! (to this day no charges for the officers have stuck)

Another guy got shot over 40 times because he was reaching for his wallet! BTW...he was the wrong guy they were looking for. (no charges filed against police)

A drunk, off-duty police officer ran over an entire family. (officer released without bail)...I think he finally got kicked off the police force but never went to jail.

So our justice system is pretty fucked up too...especially if you're black or hispanic.

Comment

HOLD ON A F-ing minute...those three cases are VERY different...

In the Luima case...all of those present and anyone who covered it up should have gone to prison for torture and forced detainment (i don't remember the legal term). (that is the torture case) I am pretty sure there were some blacks who covered up for their buddies in blue. A few (but unfortunately not all) of the officers were convicted and are in prison right now.

But, the diallo case is much more complex. The police in that situation were going into a very bad neighborhood where killing the police is not a moral hinderance to criminals. Diallo did not speak english well enough and did not understand to remain still. The officers over reacted and should have been removed form that squad (because they obviously could not handle the pressure)....but please, do not equate the two.

If the officer was drunk and hit someone, he should be charged with manslaughter...

Yeah, the race prob is f-ed up...equality for everyone...but not for the other guy...that goes back and forth

<don't mean to hijack or change thread>

Guns....the fifth range

Edited by - cyrijl on July 09 2003 12:21:59

Comment

that's why they should be dismissed...i don't know about pension or anything like that. Obviously they shouldn't be out on the streets.

Guns....the fifth range

Comment

you need to PROVE wrongdoing. something our coutry has seen to forget all about.

________________________________________________
                                It is not a dog eat dog world...it is much worse. It is like 'a dog does not return another dog's call' word.

Guns....the fifth range

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X