• Show
Clear All

• Fighty McGee
    replied
    Beatdown makes a damn good point.

Leave a comment:

• Beatdown Richie
    replied
    Judo is great. Just one thing makes me think you should check out wrestling as well: you live in Brazil, Brazil is hot, so I assume people wear thin clothes; however, Judo throws work best on people with solid jackets. (Yes, I know, they can be modified to work without the gi as well, but why bother if you can learn no-gi throws and takedowns in wrestling?)

Leave a comment:

• Fighty McGee
    replied
    Umm, Judo then? Yeah!

Leave a comment:

• Quantum
    replied
    Sorry, my mistake.
    I thought I read MMA.
    However, the rest of the message is valid :

"I did KARATE for 10 years.

Recently, I've been attending BJJ classes on a unregular basis for sometime now. But I feel it lacks some elements : takedowns, throws, kuzushi, ...

I was looking in wrestling or judo to fill these gaps."

There is a thin line that separates geniality from crazyness.
    After deep studies all I was able to do was to erase that line.

Leave a comment:

• matzahbal
    replied
    Quantum, I never said you too MMA, I asked after ten years of Martial arts training is there somethig you feel that you're lacking in? As I said before that's a good starting point into finding a style/school that will suit you.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals

Leave a comment:

• Quantum
    replied
    I did KARATE for 10 years, not MMA.

Recently, I've been attending BJJ classes on a unregular basis for sometime now. But I feel it lacks some elements : takedowns, throws, kuzushi, ...

I was looking in wrestling or judo to fill these gaps.

There is a thin line that separates geniality from crazyness.
    After deep studies all I was able to do was to erase that line.

Leave a comment:

• matzahbal
    replied
    Quantum, if you do have 10 years MArts training why are you asking the question? Is there something that you felt was left out in the 10 years of training? Perhaps that should be a starting point.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonTiger
    replied
    Bando: The Way of Group of Musicians. See also Rock-n-Rolldo, Popdo, HipHopdo and Jazzdo. Originating from Orchestrado.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Good is the enemy of Great" - T-shirt seen on Queen Street, Toronto

Leave a comment:

• Dochter
    replied
    Pop quiz Judo-kid: What's bando? Where is it from (country of orgin) and what does it most resemble?

If you don't know then as Jamoke would say: Shut the fuck up about what you don't know anything about.

Missed you, bye.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

Leave a comment:

• J-kid
    replied
    MT kickboxing
    Boxing
    Judo
    BJJ
    sambo
    Wrestling
    Submission Wrestling
    Bando

Leave a comment:

• FingerorMoon?
    replied
    If you are only 5'4" but have a body weight of 160 with no fat then you must be one strong bastard!

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    hey crimson, i'd agree with that. good points

"When attacked insult, and insult to kill"

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    If you've done hard core traditional Karate, you should be in pretty good physical condition. Check. If you're doing BJJ, you've got some ground game. Check.

If it were me, I'd work on some freestyle wrestling and Judo. BJJ's not well known for its takedowns. Also, make sure you're not wearing the Gi all the time.

But hell, if you're in Brazil, I'd learn some Capoeira as well, unless you're just focussing on fighting in Vale Tudo matches. If anything, it'll help you pick up on women at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonTiger
    replied
    Dude, if you have 10-12 years of MA experience, why are you asking us?!?! LOL!

I'd say just add boxing/kickboxing to your skill set. You'll adapt quickly with your karate skills (hopefully, unless you're Mr. Shotokan)

Jamoke, why wouldn't he ask for help? Why reinvent the wheel with each person? You can't tell them what's right and wrong for them, but you can explain strengths and weaknesses that they may not know. If they just go out and look around, they suffer from the various clubs spreading their own propaganda and bashing all the others. Here we have no real vested interest in what school they join.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Good is the enemy of Great" - T-shirt seen on Queen Street, Toronto

Leave a comment:

• Jamoke
    replied
    mercurius- kiss my ass

"When attacked insult, and insult to kill"

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X