X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBeltNow
    replied
    [quote]
    As in an old pro wrestling flying headscissors? The kind the little guys that jump off the ropes and stuff do?

Its sort of the same idea, but imagine the same head between the scissor legs, but on the ground, with leverage to twist the head.

actualy ur wrong. the leverage is agasint you. its like a see saw, but ur pushing the short end to try to lift something on the long end. ur leg muscles are on the short side of the lever arm,and the head is on the longer end.

not gonna work

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible
    -----------------
    Aromatic Mornings, by BBN

Every morning I dream of Benzenes...
    Those wonderful
    planar
    conjugated
    1-3-5-cyclohexatrienes.

Leave a comment:

• Roidie McDouchebag
    replied
    But pressure on your skull from legs is futile...its bone vs muscle, bone wins! I mean...it feels weird when you get your head squeezed really hard like that, but its no grounds for tapping.

Leave a comment:

• FingerorMoon?
    replied
    Maybe we are defining pain differently.

No it doesn't hurt like an armbar where if applied correctly you MUST tap quickly.

But depending on the part of the leg used, it can feel like someone is trying to pop your head like a melon...

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------

Leave a comment:

• Roidie McDouchebag
    replied
    it doesn't hurt, I know from experience...and you can't DO anything to the person.

Leave a comment:

• FingerorMoon?
    replied
    "As in an old pro wrestling flying headscissors? The kind the little guys that jump off the ropes and stuff do?"

he he
    No, he is talking about a submission move.
    Basically, while grappling on the ground, getting someones head between your legs and squeezing while twisting the head at an unnatural angle.
    You can generate huge force and it HURTS.

(I've done it, and had it done to me in class)

Different parts work differently - you can generate the most power with your thighs, but the bony parts of your shins can be quite painful as well.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------

Leave a comment:

• Blad3
    replied
    I dont know anything about that - But Carlos Newton somehow "mysteriously" pulled of a "School-yard"-style headlock submission off on an overwhelmingly suprissed Pat Militech. That was quite impressive.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott

Leave a comment:

• DANG
    replied
    I've used the scissor in a grappling match. And
    now I know why you don't see it in MMA.

Leave a comment:

• Xuanlong Xian
    replied
    That could be lethal if applied with enough force/precision. All kinds of damage to vertebrae, nerves, spinal cord...

Leave a comment:

• SuperMiddleweight
    replied
    [quote]
    As in an old pro wrestling flying headscissors? The kind the little guys that jump off the ropes and stuff do?

Its sort of the same idea, but imagine the same head between the scissor legs, but on the ground, with leverage to twist the head.

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperMiddleweight
    replied
    Do you not twist the head/neck of your opponent between your knees?
    If so, that sounds like it could be a submission technique to me.

Leave a comment:

• Roidie McDouchebag
    replied
    What would successful use of that be deemed as...it is not a submission.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMiddleweight
    started a topic Headlock Scissor in MMA

Headlock Scissor in MMA

Hey, does anyone know when the last time, or if ever, a headlock scissor hold was successfully used in MMA competition?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X