Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon Slayer
    replied
    Mr McFu I have read many posts before joining so I know about what you've mentioned. I was just saying that he seems to take a lot of unneccessary grief for mentioning it. I know he means well and is good intentioned I just think people wouldn't target him needlessly and trolls probably wouldn't try and egg him on, which is what trolls do, if he toned it down.

DRD, I humbly thank you. I understand your goal but I just think that you've nothing to prove so let those seeking attention seek it elsewhere. I completely understand your grievances with trolls but I think they use that open invitation as bait to try and get under your skin, i think it'll help to rid the board of childish internet matches. Thank you for understanding DRD and mrmcfu

Leave a comment:

• MrMcFu
    replied
    Demon Slayer, I think you need to understand DRD's history versus trolls a little more to see where he is coming from.

http://www.zanshin-dojo.de

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Your welcome and point noted. Thank you for presenting it in such a mature manner. I will endeavor to not cloud what I am attempting to do at all.

In fact, I will not make mention of it at all from this point forward. You are correct in that it is out there and others can recite it if need be.

And it is for trolls and such to prove their claims, not mine. I make no claims.

Glad your here,

DRD

Leave a comment:

• Demon Slayer
    replied
    I understand what you're saying completely, I think I didn't get my point across though. What I meant is that I don't think people need a constant reminder of you having an open invitation for trolls and such to prove your claims. I think it's an honorable intention it's just that I've noticed that you seem to have a lot of people misunderstand and I don't think that'd be a problem if you didn't mention that as much, that's all. BTW, thanks again for the welcome.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Demon, thanks for your comment's, but you misunderstand me. I am not asking to prove myself to anyone. I am very comfortable in who I am. I also offer no challenges. I only offer a place for people to come to prove something they say. I do not claim that anything does or does not work.

I am sorry you think I am saying what you claim, but I am not at all. I still offer to prove the good and bad of scars to Kung because he claims I must not know and don't even own the system.

My point is a positive one. It has some merit, just not an end all. I presented that politely before and got taken to task as not knowing what I spoke of.

You have never seen me say that I wanted to prove anything for myself. If you see where I have, point it out and I will correct it. Since you like some others have mis-stated my stance, let me re-state it.

d bear in mind that I appreciate your input, only want any representation of me to accurately reflect what I say.

I offer a place for all trolls and put down artists to come to prove their claims. Their claims range from, we are all fakes who don't have a martial background, to we are all just a bunch of pussies who write because we cannot do and so on.

I extend an open offer for them to have a real place to go and real person to meet to try their stuff on. That is no challenge.

Then I offer for those who have the system to end all and beat all, a place to test their theory, on me, with resepct on all sides if allowed. Once again, a place that is real and a person that is real that will let them prove they have it all.

No challenge. I think you misrepresent what I say, but am sorry you do not like my stance on things. Glad to hear from you though. Best to you sir.

DRD

Leave a comment:

• Demon Slayer
    replied
    DRD I enjoyed your break down of this but one thing I must complain about is your constant claims of agreeing to meet and face someone to prove yourself. I'm sure you'd face someone if challenged but the thing is I think that a lot of people get annoyed by your constant mentioning of this. Once again, no offense just thought I mention that. Anyway, I'm glad that you have put up a quality post for people considering this product so they can seriously evaluate it's use.

PS. sorry if my enlgish is not so great, it's my 2nd language.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I can see by the opinions of the group that I will be panned for even bringing this up, but oh well.

I offered for the kung guy to test his theory that scars works over all else on me because I can prove both that it does work in some area's as does most art, and more so that it does not work in most claimed area's.

I have never read the marketing because I have never found any style or art that has honest and straight forward marketing. They are all looking for he buck , so they all make comments that we know to be bull.

Over the years I have invested many thousands in looking for things that would add to what I teach, thus, I do own the complete set of Scars tapes, strike chart, autokinematic/autostatic theory reactions manual and so on.

What I have seen in reviewing this stuff over the last two years, is that the auto stuff is real and your body will follow the predicted reaction when struck properly. The obvious problem as in any fight, is that the opponant will not be compliant to the strike set-up and the flow from one to the other.

I am neither a proponant nor opponant to the scars system because there is viable information within the tapes and add-on's, but you must pull it out and make it work for you.

Sadly, I must tell you that the partners for Mr Petterson do just what is done in magazines, they go super slow, they put their bodies in the position he needs to execute his move and so on.

Please do not let Kungfool fool you into thinking he knows bumpkiss about this stuff. If only he were honest about it having goods and bads as above, he may have a level of credibility when he speaks, but he only attacks the other person as having no foundation to speak.

I will say again that to me it has merit on some level if you can get past the nonsense way of it being shown. If you are skilled already, you will be able to employ some of the stuff at speed and effectively.

But if you pick it up and think they are being honest when they say you will be able to automatically protect yourself using this stuff after viewing tapes or attending the onsight classes, they are being disingenuous to the extreme in my opinion.

I don't want to engage kung in a word game, but I am happy to politely show him how easily I can defeat his high level of expertise in using the system if he would like. And I mean totally polite and non aggressive on my part.

One thing that the tapes will show, and the strike chart does a good job of, is show some good nerve bundle and cluster area's and you may know partially, but when activated properly through strike,even at speed and with a non compliant opponant, they are very effective for setting up your follow up strikes because they do impede muscle function and immediately.

We are in our two hour a day, three days in a row testing right now, and past proving that you can go for two solid hours and still perform and win, we have been proving the long term effects of some of these strikes. Some of my highest ranks can hardly move and some of the knots raised by these strikes are egg sized.

Non of that is a promotion of the system, it is a promotion of you looking and seeing if it has anything to offer you.

I "absolutely" would not under any circumstances suggest you invest the roughly 750.00 in the series when that much money can buy you better targeted and more effective material that will give much for the money, where this system will give a return, it is unproportionate to the investment by far on the low side.

Kung will claim I have no knowledge and am not qualified to rate the system. I do have knowledge and four decades of looking at stuff past what I know and create, and I may not be qualified to rate the system for him, but I am for me. Do your own thinking on the subject, and don't let he or I unduly influence you.

If I may be of help in explaining the pro's and con's of scars to you, you may feel free to call me "collect" at 870-246-9610. I mean that because we are all responsible for trying to help our fellow practicioners in my opinion.

DRD

Leave a comment:

• Rogue
    replied
    "Paul Vunak, Frank Cucci, Karate Connection, Chris Clugston Combat JKD, Fight to Win with Jim West..." Notice that most these folks all have tapes out on TRS that compete with SCARS. If you guys ever run into Cucci or West see if they'll tell you any war stories.

Leave a comment:

• Demon Slayer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Balloonknot
    replied
    Your typical SCARS fighter.......

Leave a comment:

• Balloonknot
    replied
    And this guy (KungFoolss) has his own forum too! As well as his own section on this forum *sadly.*

What a dolt!!

Leave a comment:

• MrYoya
    replied
    about 5 years ago i got fed up with tae kwon do and got one of the scars packages. it wasn't really all that exciting, it just seems to be a lot of mental training plus some combinations, the autokinematic stuff and an aggressive marketing campaign. On the plus side they messed up my order and gave me a free t-shirt, but the bad part was it had an iron cross on it and people always thought i was a nazi when i wore it so i threw it away.

but just look at these claims, they're completely ridiculous. Yeah buddy, sure you took out those guys with the broken bottles. thats because you used the scars principle of pulling out a gun or something equally deceiving. please, give me a break.

Leave a comment:

• DJeter1234
    replied
    "Equally as important, you 'got inside my head' and convinced me that SCARS works!"

ya, does sound a bit like brainwashing

Leave a comment:

• BlackBeltNow
    replied
    I got into 2 altercations since learning SCARS, when I was helping out as a Doorman in a local pub. The attackers both had a broken bottle but I had absolutely no problem dealing out the SCARS principles and finishing it in seconds.
    hahahaha broken bottles! who did he fight next? the boss of level 1? alognside w/ billy and jimmy lee? did he pick up a steel bar he found on the floor?

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible

Edited by - blackbeltnow on June 27 2003 13:22:04

Leave a comment:

• HAPKO3
    replied
    As I said in the other thread, I think SCARS is a service to society - it feeds violent psychopathic retards (their target audience) ineffective fighting strategies. I'd personaly much rather keep it this way than to teach them something real.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X