Final training schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final training schedule

Ok, I've signed up at another Martial Arts school, next to the one I'm currently member of ... this means that I have the following training schedule

Monday: Pencak Silat (Si Pau)
    Tuesday: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)
    Wednesday: Ju Jitsu
    Thursday: Tae Kwon Do (WTF)
    Friday: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)
    Saturday: Pencak Silat (Si Pau)
    Sunday: I catch a breather :)

This is going to be so much fun :) All of my teachers have had several students who kicked butt in national competition, so this will be good :)

Simps

That's a fun mix. Good range coverage. Don't burn out!

Comment

I got tons of energy to burn :)

Simps

Comment

I agree with McGee, Pace yourself. It sounds like an exciting schedule you have set, but just becareful not to exhaust your body or your motivation.

Jeremy M. Talbott
        http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
        http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
        Jeremy M. Talbott

Originally posted by Phrost
        "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
        Originally posted by D.Murray
        "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
        Originally posted by hangooknamja88
        My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Comment

Seems like a bit much in my opinion. I'd much rather have 5 days of the same art. I've never tried it, but I imagine it would be difficult to really understand any of the 3 arts you've chosen when you're trying to process such different information in such little time. Not saying it's impossible, just really difficult.

Anyhow, my opinion aside, I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Why not just take 6 days a week of BJJ or muay thai?

All those different days of MAs are useless 'cause you'll be, at best, mediocre at all of them. Shouldn't you just master 1 art?

Comment

Incidently, I would opt for multiple days of Pencak Silat if I were you.

Comment

WTF?
                7 days a week.....

--
                Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

OMG & Amp, it really depends on his aptitude and how long he'll be doing it. 6 days a week of one art will certainly increase the retention of that art, but hell, it's his hobby.

Comment

I love doing martial arts. Pencak Silat comes really natural. It's got some overlap with Mantis Kung Fu as well, surprisingly, so that's a bonus.

TKD is just hard work and takes lots of effort. I can deal with that :) It's a very solid workout.

Ju Jitsu is new for me, but I'm picking it up really easily and I like it. I still remember most of the Judo that's in Ju Jitsu, so that's a bonus too :)

Simps

Comment

Besides ... you get out of a martial art what you put into it and I put a lot into it.

Next to that, it's not all that different. Ju Jitsu punching is not that different from TKD punching. Even the kicking has some overlap and definitely benefits from eachother.

As for grappling, Silat grappling and Ju Jitsu grappling looks different but operates on the same principles.

It's just style, the application is more or less the same.

Simps

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X