Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pandinha
    replied
    Gad, Anthony, he is black, isn't he? Are you implying that Asia is a racist that doesn't roll with blacks? How insensitive. And while I know there are cultural diffences between black and whites (and Pfillopinos too!) I expect you to be more respectful of people who might look or act differently than you. Maybe you and Gongolongo have something in commom!
    ===================================

Damn, you could have spelled Fillipino right! =o)

Asia is black? I don't see color man. I only see heart!

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    [email protected] You all

Hey guys. School is keeping kinda busy.

No I haven't rolled with a TRUE BJJ Black Belt yet. I have met plenty of Blues and one brown, but didn't roll with him. I have a couple of RANGERS and one SF guy here that do BJJ. They are OK (that my nice way of telling them 'I OWN YOUR SORRY ASSES!!!' Great bunch of guys I think I will bring them to the Throwdown.)That is one reason I want to go meet MACHADO but since the my unit SCREWED me on a rental car I got to find another way to get to VA. (Which I planned on doing next week after the Signal Ball.)

BJJ is a good art. I think it is a very VALID Jujutsu art. But the problem is there are many nutriders that give it a bad name. I guess I get on Greco for that but it is not truly is fault (besides I like picking on him so sue me.)

Anyways I got to get going. Holler at you guys later.

AND (I don't normally don't do this but hell) here is my cell number while I am stateside so if you want to holler or just call and say FUCK YOU ASIA!!! Feel free. (706) 373-4391

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!

Leave a comment:

• patfromlogan
    replied
    Anthony_A
    "I don't think Asia has rolled with a black. Different world."

Gad, Anthony, he is black, isn't he? Are you implying that Asia is a racist that doesn't roll with blacks? How insensitive. And while I know there are cultural diffences between black and whites (and Pfillopinos too!) I expect you to be more respectful of people who might look or act differently than you. Maybe you and Gongolongo have something in common!

Edited by - patfromlogan on June 05 2003 09:23:05

Leave a comment:

• patfromlogan
    replied
    I think the point is that Asia is going to post pictures of his panties in bunches. Or was it a bunch of panties? OK! I reread the statement and it's a rare kata, "panties in a bunch form MY BJJ." So, Wastrel, the point obviously is that we are waiting for the pictures to post of this form. I just can't wait, myself. Perhaps they submit their opponents by tightening their underwear. Do you think JKDChick is in any of the pictures? Where's the homoerotic posters when you need 'em? Oooooh, the not often seen panties in a bunch form MY BJJ is getting posted, what a wonderful day this is, I'm so glad to be alive!

Ofcourse now we will have to debate if this form has a Kano inspired JJ history or something.

Edited by - patfromlogan on June 05 2003 09:21:00

Leave a comment:

• The Wastrel
    replied
    What the FUCK is the point?

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Leave a comment:

• GRECO
    replied
    <Wait, didn't you say you could tap Judo black belts?>

I said that i have tapped 3 Judo BBelts... Yes thats true. But i never said that i can tap Everyone. 10 Months ago i fought with 5 Judo BB i taped 3 I couldn't Tap the Others but they couldn't Tap me also. I rolled with them as a white Belt.

Besides that Greese1 It's really obvius that u Play with words in order to turn things around.

<Then you say that you can not get out of a hold down in under 30 seconds>

I said that 30secs May not Be ENOUGH and i explained why. Judo rules *sigh*. Yes u might not escape in 30 Secs.

AntonyA:

Asia said that He rolled with a Bjj BB that Turned out to BE a FAKE.

<if Judo guys can do it regularly, and they are bad on the ground???>

Are u an IDIOT? I have said more than Once that Many Judo guys don't train lot's of ground work-(that's why their not good at it) But not ALL Some do TRAIN.

Leave a comment:

• Greese
    replied
    Wait, didn't you say you could tap Judo black belts? There is Asia for you, with no formal BJJ training.
    I still don't get it. You say Judo guys are bad on the ground. Then you say that you can not get out of a hold down in under 30 seconds..you said it could be 2 or 3 minutes. However, if Judo guys can do it regularly, and they are bad on the ground???

Leave a comment:

• Pandinha
    replied
    I don't think Asia has rolled with a black. Different world.

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

Leave a comment:

• The Wastrel
    replied
    Well, I think Asia's sort of right, but = is just wrong.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Leave a comment:

• GRECO
    replied
    Yes he has rolled with bjj guys. A few blue belts and a fake black if im not mistaken...

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    i think Asia HAS rolled with BJJ guys
    i also think he said he liked it a lot

*snicker*

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

Leave a comment:

• GRECO
    replied
    >Judo=BJJ Nope?<

Ill keep Posting that just to Piss u off.
    >Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?

Also 30 Secs r Nothing it depends on the Oponent Skill a Strong Judo oponent Can Hold U Down for 30 Secs maybe even for a Minute or 2 But how about 3 or 4 or 5?. Personally i never claimed to Be an Expert bjjer Only 3 Years Experience.

As for:<choking the shit out of you. So until then I will be nice, not too nice.>

Pick someone on Your own size and With the Same Years of Experience.

From What i understand until now u r an experienced Judo Practitioner, and Probably a Talented one. Try some bjj Brown or bbelts and then share your experience. If im not mistaken u will soon meet with a few BJJ bb, and to tell u the truth im jealus. When u come back tell me what happend...

Leave a comment:

• Freddy
    replied
    I dont know if BJJ came from Judo??? I would bet it either came from the same jujitsu style or a different jujitsu style that also had ground fighting techniques???

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"

Leave a comment:

• PizDoff
    replied
    there's a good reason i stay out of BJJ/JJJ/Judo topics......

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

Leave a comment:

• Pandinha
    replied
    At the end of you post. You only did that because you got you panties in a bunch form MY BJJ= statement (BTW Anthony I will have to printed in the next couple of weeks. You still want one?)
    =============

You know it baby.

Btw, Asia is correct. Has been all this time. Some of BJJ's techniques are from Judo.

The main difference is focus of those techniques. BJJ trains heavily on the ground, as opposed to Judo that does standing up.

There are also little differences in the techniques. I've been researching sweeps in Judop and BJJ from the guard. The movements are about the same, but BJJ focus's on destroying the base more.

==================

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X