No announcement yet.

A Rickson Story *interesting*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you are better on the ground, shouldn't you be able to escape that position? I.e. positional dominance. Isn't that what BJJ is all about? If you can not escape from a Judo person's mount or side mount in 30 seconds, but other Judo people can, how does that make you better at ground work?
    When you are grappling with BJJ people, about how long do you guys hold guard?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

"about how long do you guys hold guard?" It depends on Many things. The Guard ain't the Problem. If someone want's to Hold u Down for 30 sec's he can Do it, it's Not that dificult. U might escape before 30 second's Pass but u might need more time if the oponent put's all his strenght to keep u there. Come on now... 30 SECS is No time. Being Better doesn't Make u Invinsible especialy when the openent is trying to Hold u there for only 30 Secs.

Comment

Then how the hell can Judo guy's escape it in 30?
        It is a pretty common thing in Judo matches.
        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

It's called "not stalling" you stupid piece of ass nutriding faggot bitch queer.

~
          danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

Well there's no need for that.

Greco, IMO 30 seconds is long enough to go for a sweep or sub (I'm not having a go).

----------------------------------------------------------
            Space may be the final frontier,
            But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
            "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
            YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Ok Maybe i don't understand what u r talking about Maybe u don't Understand what im talking about. That's a Problem easely solved... I ain't gonna participate in a Judo tournament, i don't like the Rules simple as that. I think their Ruling system Sucks. Many Judo guys explained to me And Many Judo Practitioners had come to our Dojo to Learn Ground work.
              (Anyway that thread ain't about me)

P.s.
              Deus go suck a d%^#

Comment

Ok, well don't enter one then, all I meant was if you're good enough 30 seconds is long enough to sub or sweep.

----------------------------------------------------------
                Space may be the final frontier,
                But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
                "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Greco whine like a BITCH!!!

>Asia When exactly did u back up What U SAY?

I DO quite often. And yes I am searching for the article to back up my previous statement.

> WTF I say Rickson Is Undefeated and taped out ASIA 6 Times in 6 Minutes 2 Years Ago- Prove me Wrong, if u can!

That is easy to do. The easiest way would be to ask RICKSON. Which ANYONE can do. Second would be to ask ME. Then go verify anything else. Like location, pple in attendance, etc. Proof is not a hard thing to come up with if you know how to research it.

>Personally i cannot back Up Every [email protected] Story I hear or Read or Prove, But Neither Can U. U say u Tapped out BJJ Blue-Belt Where the F#$% Is your Proof(Personaly i believe u-Just trying to make a Point)?

Ah but I can. The only prioblem would be in what manner you want proof submitted. Pictures? Audience with the individuals? The point is you constantly state things as FACT with NO support nor do you offer any proof. I will offer any proof I can give that is reasonable. (ie I am not flying a guy to Greece just for you to talk to him)

> I will agree With someone if and only if he Proves to me Im Wrong, U Asia haven't convince me in anything. Maybe lots of the Members agree with your theory But i Simply Don't.

That is your LACK of comprehension skills. Theory is one thing but I offer FACT quite often. Don't be mad at me when I am wrong. I proved you wrong on several occasions but when I ask for YOU to do so you DON'T (ie MAEDA)

>For the Last time Im Not Trying to convience u or Anything

If you didn't want this to envolve me then you wouldn't have put:

>Judo=BJJ Nope?

At the end of you post. You only did that because you got you panties in a bunch form MY BJJ= statement (BTW Anthony I will have to printed in the next couple of weeks. You still want one?)

My statement was meant as a joke that turned semiserious. But in essence it is true. BJJ developed from Judo. Many of the main Techniques that BJJ draws from come from JUDO. FACT!!!

______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
                  THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
                  ______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                  -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                  The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                  -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I fucking want one!
                    Maybe 2 or 3.

Comment

I have several designs.
                      PM me you email address and I will send you the designs to se which one you like. (Or if I can figure how to post pics from my PC without using a URL I will post then and make a poll)

Greco,

In retrospect I guess I have been a bit harsh on you. Sorry I shouldn't do that at least until I've choking the shit out of you. So until then I will be nice, not too nice.

______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
                      THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
                      ______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

At the end of you post. You only did that because you got you panties in a bunch form MY BJJ= statement (BTW Anthony I will have to printed in the next couple of weeks. You still want one?)
                        =============

You know it baby.

Btw, Asia is correct. Has been all this time. Some of BJJ's techniques are from Judo.

The main difference is focus of those techniques. BJJ trains heavily on the ground, as opposed to Judo that does standing up.

There are also little differences in the techniques. I've been researching sweeps in Judop and BJJ from the guard. The movements are about the same, but BJJ focus's on destroying the base more.

==================
                        "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
                        Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                        "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

there's a good reason i stay out of BJJ/JJJ/Judo topics......

--
                          Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I dont know if BJJ came from Judo??? I would bet it either came from the same jujitsu style or a different jujitsu style that also had ground fighting techniques???

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
                            Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

>Judo=BJJ Nope?<

Ill keep Posting that just to Piss u off.
                              >Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?>Judo=BJJ Nope?

Also 30 Secs r Nothing it depends on the Oponent Skill a Strong Judo oponent Can Hold U Down for 30 Secs maybe even for a Minute or 2 But how about 3 or 4 or 5?. Personally i never claimed to Be an Expert bjjer Only 3 Years Experience.

As for:<choking the shit out of you. So until then I will be nice, not too nice.>

Pick someone on Your own size and With the Same Years of Experience.

From What i understand until now u r an experienced Judo Practitioner, and Probably a Talented one. Try some bjj Brown or bbelts and then share your experience. If im not mistaken u will soon meet with a few BJJ bb, and to tell u the truth im jealus. When u come back tell me what happend...

Comment

i think Asia HAS rolled with BJJ guys
                                i also think he said he liked it a lot

*snicker*

--
                                Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X