No announcement yet.

A Rickson Story *interesting*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think Anthony is acting like a big doo doo! Your welcome not withstanding, I hope Illyrus hasn't fled to friendly forum land. And by the way, Mr. go fuck yourself, if you want to make more comments on a post hit edit! I read at a high level comprehension and I can't really fathom what the hell you guys are bullshitting about anyway. Or maybe the effort required is just too great.

Quitting smoking? How's it going? I quit in '87 and now have workers who smoke hand rolled good tobacco and guess who has been stupid enough to bum some? Then I went on a trip and figured that the guy I was staying with (non smoker 10 year AA veteran) would help me exclude evil weed from my diet and it turned out he had quit pot and was using hand rolled Drum or Bailey as a substitute. Life is hopeless, and then you die.

I'm holding two divergent views, Rickson obviously is a great fighter and I like forearm blocks. I like them as strikes to the neck, teeth, or nose. For blocking the hay maker flail (the only punch I've ever seen outside the dojo or ring) IMO the "sticky hands" circular block/step to the side or inside/strike as taught in Kempo, Kyokushin and other styles could work, though my sensei would more typically move back six inches then attack hard with hard punches and takedowns combos.

Meanwhile when I shoot I end up with my face in the ground and when I get shooted on I sprawl and get my leg caught anyway and end up on my back. But as I tell the white belts in karate, don't worry about doing the technique perfect too much, just keep working hard and you'll get it.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

I don't really care if Rickson's ever lost or not, I wouldn't mind having technique like that.

I wish they'd entered him in first UFC's rather than Royce (nothing against him of course). That would of been brilliant.

BJJ would be even more popular.

----------------------------------------------------------
      Space may be the final frontier,
      But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Anthony_A:
        Cool, thanks man.

---
        I was watching a clip of a few of Rickson's fights; he looked like a competent, in shape, mentally focused fighter. I don't really think he'd have much to gain from fighting again. The only way I could see him gaining more prestige would be if he won against champions and hotshots in the heaviest weight category in MMA events as alot of the public puts stock in size and weight.

Wyatt

Comment

Asia i haven't read the Magazine u Mentioned so im in No position to Know if it's Real. Maybe it is Maybe it isn't... Anyway i will not Try to convince u my Friend... We both know it's a waste of time.
          I am easy to convince when you can back up what you say. You don't do a good job at it.

______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
          THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
          ______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I have much respect for Rickson as a fighter but NUTRIDER get on my nerve. However after reading this I understand how Greco can be so WRONG is much of his informations.

>TRIP: The boxer Sydney Dal Rovere asks: "What is the origin of Jiu-Jitsu?"

RG: Jiu-Jitsu was born in India in 2000 B.C., and afterwards migrated to China and later to Japan. It was there that Jiu-Jitsu became a fighting sport among nobility and Japanese Samurais.

Even Rickson can get things wrong.

______
            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
            THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
            ______
            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Asia When exactly did u back up What U SAY?
              Over 15 TIMES we started the Same discussion again and again... The Problem is not that i can-not Back up what i say... The Problem is that u expect Proofs about every single [email protected] thing. WTF I say Rickson Is Undefeated and taped out ASIA 6 Times in 6 Minutes 2 Years Ago- Prove me Wrong, if u can!

Personally i cannot back Up Every [email protected] Story I hear or Read or Prove, But Neither Can U. U say u Tapped out BJJ Blue-Belt Where the F#$% Is your Proof(Personaly i believe u-Just trying to make a Point)? I say that i Have Tapped Judo BBelt's as a White BJJer and u r talking to me Like it's Something Impossible to Happen.

For the Last time Im Not Trying to convience u or Anything, If u Wan't to Believe me Or Not is Your Choice. In Many of the Things u Said in The Past i desagree But i can't Prove u Wrong and I don't Need to i have My opinion and i Try to share it with Others, If someone don't agree with Me that's tottaly fine i don't Care. I will agree With someone if and only if he Proves to me Im Wrong, U Asia haven't convince me in anything. Maybe lots of the Members agree with your theory But i Simply Don't.

Edited by - GRECO on June 02 2003 19:01:18

Comment

lol

--
                Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

When or where the way is free - strike.
                If the way is not free make it free and - Strike.
                Stick with what comes and when the way is free - Strike.
                As they retreat follow through and - Strike.
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

lol
                  U see something Funny Sh*thead.

Comment

Well, I good way to prove it would be to enter a big Judo tournament and win.
                    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

In Judo tournament the Ground Work is Very Limited the ref won't aloud lot of Ground Fighting. So what's the Point?

Comment

I win most of my matches by submission. As long as you are still working and not sleeping a position they will let it continue.
                        And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Yes Probably but if U fell on Your Back or the oponent Pin u Down for 30 Secs then It's over. And if u r not very good or trained alot at stand-up that's what will happen probably.

Comment

The rules r In a Judo Tournament r Weird for Me. A grppling tournamnt would be Better.

Comment

Well, if you claim Judo guys are not good on the ground, it should be easy for you to pull guard and tap them.

Comment

U r Wright Greese1 i could... But we both Know if i fail in Pulling guard ill get down and My openent on top of Me, and all he has to do is Keep me there for 30 sec's and that is easy to Happen, so By loosing a Judo "rules" Fight doesn't mean anything to me. If i loose from a Judo guy in a Grappling Match then it's deferent.

Also a corection i said before that Most of Judo guys Train litle in Ground work but Not ALL.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X