No announcement yet.

A Rickson Story *interesting*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Comment

they must be sore by now..

Anyway, yea Rickson has an 11-0 pro NHB record according to Sherdog. I don't imagine this counts challenge matches but they don't count those for the other guys like Bas Rutten and Marco Ruas either. Rickson is one of the few undefeated fighters to go into the double digits. I'm not sure there are any left aside from him. But when you put his record next to the dozen or so guys who have wins numbering 20+ it kind of loses it's luster. I have a lot of respect for Rickson, he's really good. But he is far from peerless.

[win, lose,draw]

Dan Severn 44-6-4
      Matt Hughes 29-3-0
      Bas Rutten 26-4-1
      Pat Militech 26-5-2
      Semmy Schilt 22-12-1
      Vanderlei Silva 21-3-1
      Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 18-1-1
      Frank Shamrock 19-7-1
      Mark Weir 17-1-0 (was 17-0-0 until UFC 40)
      Tito Ortiz 15-2-0
      Kazushi sakurabu 14-4-1
      Mark Kerr 13-3-0
      Kevin Randleman 13-5-0
      Royce Gracie 12-2-1
      Rickson Gracie 11-0-0 (undefeated)
      Chuck Lidell 11-1-0
      Don Freye 11-2-0

[these stats are according to sherdog.com]

>> Perhaps it was because I had an inherent skill for the science and never deviated from natural principles. - Miyamoto Musashi 1643

Edited by - 9chambers on June 01 2003 00:42:00

Comment

Gracies are responsible for the MMA/NHB that we know today.

The rest of us would still be practicing forearm blocks and think we were bad asses.

Thank God for the Gracies.

==================
        "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado

ttt

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Royler is one of the most technical BJJ and submission fighters around and this just shows how far superior Rickson is.
            Too bad Royler got tapped by a brown belt.

~
            danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

Royler admited that he Made a Mistake during that fight Deus! Eveybody can Lose. It's Funny that u Mentioned Roylers Loss to Edie Bravo(The Brown belt) and u Haven't said that Royler won the ADCC tournament 2 Times!

Comment

"Is this stupid postwhoing in an intelligent manner?"
                OH YEAH!

"Gracies are responsible for the MMA/NHB that we know today.

The rest of us would still be practicing forearm blocks and think we were bad asses.

Thank God for the Gracies."
                totally, (lol forearm blocks)
                and UFC is some good entertainment

Bravo is a great last name hahaha

--
                Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

When or where the way is free - strike.
                If the way is not free make it free and - Strike.
                Stick with what comes and when the way is free - Strike.
                As they retreat follow through and - Strike.
                Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

"Gracies are responsible for the MMA/NHB that we know today.

Thank God for the Gracies."

I agree with your first statment. As to us not knowing about grappling without the Gracies, its far from an absolute. Heck, I learned grappling from a Sambo/Sombo/Cambo(pick your spelling) class offered as an after school activity we could chose in high school, a class that had existed before UFC I. Not to mention all the wrestling styles that existed alongside of BJJ or the styles that still exist that helped make BJJ up.

Suggesting that the Gracies were the only ones responsible for showing North Americans grappling discredits the other people who introduced grappling on a much smaller scale. Speaking outside of North America the statement is just wrong, Judo, wrestling, Sambo, etc have been popular in large parts of the world before BJJ became well known.

Wyatt

Comment

Royler admited that he Made a Mistake during that fight Deus! Eveybody can Lose. It's Funny that u Mentioned Roylers Loss to Edie Bravo(The Brown belt) and u Haven't said that Royler won the ADCC tournament 2 Times!
                    Indeed. As you said, everybody can lose. So stop nutriding...fag.

~
                    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

Suggesting that the Gracies were the only ones responsible for showing North Americans grappling discredits the other people who introduced grappling on a much smaller scale. Speaking outside of North America the statement is just wrong, Judo, wrestling, Sambo, etc have been popular in large parts of the world before BJJ became well known.
                      ============================

Did you fail reading comprehension 101?

Where did I say that the Gracies are responsible for Grappling?

MMA/NHB, what does that mean to you? Grappling?

N00b

==================
                      "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
                      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Date Fighters Name Fighters Rank Result Opponent Name Opponent Rank Time Type Event Location Remarks
                        5/30/2000 Rickson Gracie 1723.49<1712.50 W Masakatsu Funaki 1589.00<1600 11:46 SUB Colosseum 2000 -
                        11/10/1998 Rickson Gracie 1712.50<1700.82 W Nobuhiku Takada 1592.87<1604.55 9:30 SUB Pride 4 Japan Single Fights
                        11/10/1997 Rickson Gracie 1700.82<1688.82 W Nobuhiku Takada 1588.00<1600 4:47 SUB Pride 1 Japan Single Fights
                        4/20/1995 Rickson Gracie 1688.82<1674.78 W Yuki Nakai 1618.02<1632.06 6:22 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1995 Japan Finals of tournament
                        4/20/1995 Rickson Gracie 1674.78<1661.59 W Kouichiro Kimura 1586.80<1600 2:07 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1995 Japan Semifinals
                        4/20/1995 Rickson Gracie 1661.59<1647.77 W Yoshihisa Yamamoto 1586.18<1600 19:49 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1995 Japan Quarterfinals
                        7/29/1994 Rickson Gracie 1647.77<1632 W Bud Smith 1611.42<1627.2 0:39 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1994 Japan Finals
                        7/29/1994 Rickson Gracie 1632<1616 W David Levicki 1600<1616 2:40 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1994 Japan Semifinals
                        7/29/1994 Rickson Gracie 1616<1600 W Yoshinori Nishi 1584<1600 2:58 SUB Japan Vale Tudo 1994 Japan
                        "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

It seem that Rickson has fought that many fights over the last few years (less and less it seems). Am I wrong???

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
                          Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

"Gracies are responsible for the MMA/NHB that we know today."

Here in Amercian yes. But no becuase of their art. They fincanced and put on the first UFC. That was the start here in North America.

IMO the people that deserve the most credit of NHB/MMA worldwide is the Japanese, specifically pro wrestlers. The fans kept demanding more realism and stiffer and stiffer matches, until someone got the idea, "Hey if I'm going to get my head kicked at full force, I'm going to stop the guy from doing it, I don't care what the script says".

Ken Shamrock was a prowreslter long before he went to the WWE or even UFC. He was a prowrestler in Japan that switched with other prowrestlers into Shoot Fighting.

By the way the "Shoot" is reference to the sports prowrestling roots. In prowrestling if something is real it is called a shoot and if it is fake, predetermined, or just an act it is called a work.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Comment

Who cares, it was a good story.

--------
                              El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
                              --------
                              The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                              - Pizdoff

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
                                Indeed. As you said, everybody can lose. So stop nutriding...fag.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

If u don't Like it Don't give any reply's u @hole!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X