Did You Know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did You Know...

...that all the links and martial art schools in the updated links section are submitted and rated by YOU?

Help us build the largest rated Martial Arts dojo/dojang/kwoon/gym directory on the internet. Rate the schools from 1 (McDojo) to 10 (Best of the Best), and leave brief comments and observations.

On the email field, is that OUR email or the site webmaster's email?

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

That would be the webmaster/contact/instructor's email address. If you can't find it, no biggie.

Comment

...that all the links and martial art schools in the updated links section are submitted and rated by YOU?

Help us build the largest rated Martial Arts dojo/dojang/kwoon/gym directory on the internet. Rate the schools from 1 (McDojo) to 10 (Best of the Best), and leave brief comments and observations.
        Phrost, by doing this, wouldn't this get you into any further legal hot water? Couldn't their lawyers regard that as slander directed towards their clients? Just wondering.
        Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

technically it would be libel because it is printed, not spoken. :)

Comment

By who? It's just opinions. You can't sue (successfully) for opinions that are stated as such.

Besides, I've got a few things lined up now that make me a bit more comfortable, legally, when it comes to this site.

Myself, Sociocide Productions (heh, me again), etc don't rate the links. You, the members, the martial artists, the community, rate them.

If everyone decides that 38th Degree Dung Fu Master Joe Snuffy is the real deal, so be it. We just run the site so that YOU, the MA community can decide what YOUR standards are, and who meets or fails to meet them.

Comment

What are we basing this on - how their website looks ?

--------
              El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
              --------
              The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
              - Pizdoff

Comment

No, how colourful their uniforms are.

Regards,
                CrimsonTiger

"Wake me up.
                Bid my blood to run.
                I can't wake up.
                Before I come undone.
                Save me.
                Save me from the nothing I've become." -Evanescence, Bring Me To Life
                Regards,
                CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
                One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
                Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

I would put that disclaimer there if you already haven't done so.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

lol CT

Phrost how long does it take for a link to be posted?

--
                    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

It depends on how often the admins check the queue. I try to check it every couple of days.

Ideally, you're raiting the school, not the website, because you're familiar with them through your own research, experience, etc.

Comment

By who? It's just opinions. You can't sue (successfully) for opinions that are stated as such.

Besides, I've got a few things lined up now that make me a bit more comfortable, legally, when it comes to this site.

Myself, Sociocide Productions (heh, me again), etc don't rate the links. You, the members, the martial artists, the community, rate them.

If everyone decides that 38th Degree Dung Fu Master Joe Snuffy is the real deal, so be it. We just run the site so that YOU, the MA community can decide what YOUR standards are, and who meets or fails to meet them.

Phrost,just my humble opinion. Dig a bit further into the law and new cases developed around the Internet.
                        I'm aware of a Tropical Fish Store,yes a fishy store, that sued a Message Board speciallized in this kind of stuff and also to some particular indivuals because they gave a negative opinion about their business, that between you and me, IMO it was the concensus of everyone that was right, I understand that the litigation was won by the owners of the business.

"We're pawns in this game."

Comment

hmmm, ok, how about we only post up POSITIVE reviews....

that could work......well

--
                          Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

When or where the way is free - strike.
                          If the way is not free make it free and - Strike.
                          Stick with what comes and when the way is free - Strike.
                          As they retreat follow through and - Strike.
                          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Well, now that I think, I'm a f#@*&cg dumb. It is Saturday night, booze and yerba are easy and cheap in Habana,LOL.
                            That case was different it was strictly business.This involves schools and studends, it's a differnt matter.Did you ever look in the past at the Forums Baffling Budo and Bad Budo in E-Budo? Those guys are greyhounds...and have done their share, no lawsuit that I know of...
                            We should focus in that kind of work here, not in fighting between us..Am I a troll?..Did you call me a troll, motherf....r?!!, blah,blah...
                            Some spice now and then is Ok but we are out of touch with the real purpose of this Forum.
                            Focus, focus, focus..before I hit the ground....

"We're pawns in this game."

Comment

i agree rws, i have vowed to respect this forum as a resource. i am going to lighten up with my flaming at least until someone pushes me over the edge.

"When attacked insult, and insult to kill"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X