Clear All

This is an Omosplata - Good Move.

http://www.nagafighter.com/omosplata1.mpg

You won't regret watching this one.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

HOLY SHIT!!!!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

I've got to admit, that was pretty sweet! Is that a standard move in BJJ???

Comment

I HOPE NOT!!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Holy what the [email protected]?

~
          danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

THAT'S CRAZY SHIT!

~
            danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

That was a sweet move - my instructor likes to flip around like that. However, that move is not an omoplata - that guy was doing a fancy guard pass. You can do a similar but less fancy (but more controlled) version when someone has you in butterfly guard. You cramp up their legs by sitting close to their body and trapping their feet beneath you. You then place a shoulder on your opponent's gut (through your opponent's legs) and then flip over your opponents legs (keeping your weight on your shoulder and the opponent's gut).

Here's an omoplata:
              http://bjj.org/techniques/barra/ralphg/

It's basically (one of my favourites) a shoulder lock. The opponent is in a position that's similar to kimura. A good counter is to front roll out of it so you have to sit up and control your opponent from rolling.

Comment

Kryptig - this is an omoSplata.

Note the "s"

------------------------
                I remain, Hapko3
                You say what about my rice?

Comment

3jj r0x wushu's 4ss!!

Comment

Hey, I'm not being presumptuous - some people may have never seen an omoplata. Perhaps you need to work on your sarcasm :0).

Comment

Oh - my bad - didn't see the "s"

Comment

Those tricky Brazilian bastards.

~
                        danny

Comment

Don't feel bad, Kriptiq. It took me a second, as well. I saw the sweet flip, but I was still waiting for the omaplata when the clip ended. Then, I got it. Hehehe. Still, a sweet move. I've seen people do a cartwheel guard pass (even in a local tournament), but not a complete flip like that. Geeze, that guy would probably kick ass even without any training. I'm still amazed to see NFL players do backflips in full pads. I'd wind up like Stephen Hawking, if I ever tried that. :D

Comment

:)

highly entertaining, if this is the same one on this site

--
                            Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I don't think so Pizd. Does this site host that same video?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X