No announcement yet.

another street fight today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narrative thread? Hell, this is genius beyond a linear narrative.

today at lunch my best friend and one of my worst enemies fought. my best friend owned.
    "today at lunch" -- no caps, just right into the sentence suggesting it's a continuation of the action of the protagonist's day. What happened earlier in the day? Look at the "my best friend and one of my worst enemies" part, with its not-quite-parallel structure. What about all the other worst enemies? What has our protagonist done that brought about this fight at lunch? What happened that he has only one best friend but a multitude of enemies? Have his other best friends been killed already?

Look at the use of "at lunch" rather than "at lunch time". Time doesn't enter into this fragment! This is at the same time part of an ongoing whole and a timeless moment, reinforced by the lack of caps at the beginning and the closing, "my best friend owned." -- obviously "owned" is a transitive verb and requires a direct object, but what do we get instead of an object? A period! It ends but it can't possibly have ended.

This, my friends, is a piece we could devote a great deal of effort to truly understanding.

Comment

And then you gotta ask the question of whether or not this fight is just another Matrix within the Matrix, there's just so many levels to it!!!1

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
      -Ghandi

Comment

JKD_fighter its your turn to beat your worst enemies ass.

When he get back to school Grab on to his back pack throw him down. Knock him out then steal his back pack.
        Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
        -Styles i train in-
        Judo
        Bjj
        Mtkickboxing
        Western boxing
        Wrestling

Comment

but don't forget to say "How's that sucka?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
          "you think you're tough? try riding on the back of a moto in downtown Phnom Penh"---jzf

"i left my heart in laos, but my wallet in cambodia
          There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

it was a street fight, it happend on the street, there was blood and all that shit. they were not fighting over a back pack, they were fighting because the kid was talking shit and saying we jumped him, thats what happends when you talk shit, you get fucked up.

and i don't go to that school, i do onlie schooling.

Comment

excuse the typo, that should say "on-line"

Comment

JKD_Fighter:
                they fought because the guy that my friend beat up stole my back pack and was dumb enuff to wear it at school
                Obviously we misunderstood this line.

--------
                El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
                --------
                The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                - Pizdoff

Comment

Haha...stolen backpack. Did they try to steal your He-Man lunch box also?

You should wait for him near the woodshop hall or near the drinking fountains and kick his ass again!

God, what a joke. Get some pubes and then talk about fighting.

Comment

and i don't go to that school, i do onli[n]e schooling...
                    I don't normally do things like this...nah. Nevermind.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
                    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

damn kid, be good in school, save the violence for tournaments, more important stuff in life than street fights, its cool ur friend won tho

Comment

Only explanation I can think of..... JKD Fighter does online schooling, his friend does not. His friend goes to the same school as his enemy... which is the reason his friend fought and not him..... is this anywhere close?

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
                        Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
                        "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Why the fuck does he need a backpack? So, did this guy take it from him? Does enyone else want to ban on-line schools now?
                          And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Maybe his on-line school sent him a free back pack at the beggining of term, you clearly need one for the vast amount of books involved in on- line schooling.

This "Worst enemy" character clearly discovered that the back pack in question was a limited edition, On-line school "Masters" back pack (it has secret pockets and hidey holes). And couldn't keep his thieving hands off.

----------------------------------------------------------
                            Space may be the final frontier,
                            But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
                            "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                            YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

14 yr olds scrapping....yawn.

Comment

losers

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X