Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Wu Shu Kwan Chinese Kickboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wu Shu Kwan Chinese Kickboxing

www.wushukwan.com
    Last edited by Kikaku; 10/03/2008 11:01am, .

Looks like kempo, smells like kempo, tastes like kempo, must be Kempo!
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

Originally posted by new2bjj
      Looks like kempo, smells like kempo, tastes like kempo, must be Kempo!
      Well from what I've been told it's a hybrid of Tae Kwon-do, mixed with Shaolin Long-fist Kung fu. Alot of it looks like Shokotan Karate, hence the TKD influence.

Comment

kinda on topic...what is the general consensus on good ol chinese boxing? I know a couple teachers that are black belts in it and they are pretty tough guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtip inspector
          kinda on topic...what is the general consensus on good ol chinese boxing? I know a couple teachers that are black belts in it and they are pretty tough guys.
          The head instructor from this dojo (www.shaolinboxing.co.uk) Kingsly Morgan was a former world champion. If I'm not mistaken, he's no longer part of the Wu Shu Kwan entitity.

Comment

Unless you're talking about a school that practises Sanda, serious Sanda, prepare to get flamed, big time. Traditional CMA's are not treated well here at all. To see what people think of old kung fju masters, go to style vs style iin the video section, and look up kung fu vs kung fu. Of course it's odd that CMA's get so little respect here, considering one of the toughest guys on her is a Kung Fu master- Omega. He should be here after he finishes teaching class.

Comment

Hmm?

Umm...

It doesn't look good.

Comment

Hi

Hey there,

I'm a practitioner of Wu Shu Kwan, though I more or less only go there for the sparring these days....

....you know the sparring, putting on gloves, hitting each other, that kind of thing....

...Wu Shu Kwan has got some good things, some bad things. IMHO the major problem is the internal politics of the organisation which has made a lot of the really good people leave (Kinglsy Morgan...god that man was scary..., the founders of Zhuan Shu Kwan etc).

However, depending on the instructor you train under it does turn out some reasonably competent stand up fighters, a lot of the senior black belts are seriously good, many with ring experience.

edit: I'm at work at the moment, but if this thread grows I'll add a breakdown of the good and the bad as I see it
                Last edited by PsychoMongoose; 7/11/2006 6:59am, .

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoMongoose

edit: I'm at work at the moment, but if this thread grows I'll add a breakdown of the good and the bad as I see it
                  Please do, I'd be really interested to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by new2bjj
                    Unless you're talking about a school that practises Sanda, serious Sanda, prepare to get flamed, big time. Traditional CMA's are not treated well here at all. To see what people think of old kung fju masters, go to style vs style iin the video section, and look up kung fu vs kung fu. Of course it's odd that CMA's get so little respect here, considering one of the toughest guys on her is a Kung Fu master- Omega. He should be here after he finishes teaching class.
                    Damn you have to stop talking out of your ass.

Omega is not a kung fu master. Go read his posts and find out what he and Asia do.

Asshatery Martial Arts aren't treated well here unless, you prove your school is good.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoMongoose

...Wu Shu Kwan has got some good things, some bad things. IMHO the major problem is the internal politics of the organisation which has made a lot of the really good people leave (Kinglsy Morgan...god that man was scary..., the founders of Zhuan Shu Kwan etc).

However, depending on the instructor you train under it does turn out some reasonably competent stand up fighters, a lot of the senior black belts are seriously good, many with ring experience.
                      This is why CMA and other so called Traditional Martial Arts get flamed.

Comment

For those of you keeping score. 24 hours and 8 minutes. That is how long it took before someone representing the syle in question showed up here to tell us about it. I think I will do this each time a new thread is started about a MA school, sort of my own personal little study.
                        安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake??
                          Damn you have to stop talking out of your ass.

Omega is not a kung fu master. Go read his posts and find out what he and Asia do.

Asshatery Martial Arts aren't treated well here unless, you prove your school is good.
                          Are you talking for Omega and Asia now- should I go through you if I need any CMA expert opinion?

Comment

Anybody else got any input on WSK ?

Comment

There is at least one practitioner here - or maybe it's the very closely related ZSK (?) they did - eitherway I've known a couple of people who did it in UK and without putting words in their mouth they both seemed to think that it was far from the worst - at least the sparring was relatively heavy - but hardly the best either. Sort of the middle ground that might be described as the slightly hardcore end of mainstream but some way short of the likes of Muay Thai or MMA in fighting terms. But don't take my word for it.
                              You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
                              FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
                              Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
                              Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X