Gun Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Defense

Which martial art offers the best defense against firearms?

run-fu

moving target is harder to hit.

a couple of the arts above could possibly be used dependant on the range involved. kind of disappointed that FMA/IMA was not included in principle. they specialize in close range weapons combat. imho knife beats gun on the draw in close range.

peace.

<marquee>LIUSEONGPOEKULANPENTJAKKUNTAOSILATREDANTINDONESIANGUNGFU</marquee>

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if anyone admits to anything besides "Track and field".

HEY! YOUR WIFE IS UGLIER THAN ANY UGLY PIG!!!
      Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

i can use a mental trick i learned in a shaolin temple in oakland. just cry and piss yourself while the gun is held to you then...ummm...maybe they'll let you go out of pity

Comment

It depends on whether you are at point blank range or if their is distance. At point blank range it is very possible to defend. Besides the fact you cannot out run the gun anyway. If you do run the goal should be a zig zag escape at least until about 21 feet. Then it becomes more difficult to hit. This of course is assuming its a common hood with the gun not someone trained in firearms. Thats why Police train with a target at 21 Feet. Most shoot outs occur within that range...

Comment

Kung Fu seemed to work pretty well during the Boxer Rebellion.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Comment

I train in Nike-Do

--
              Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
              (And my two creaky knees...)
              Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Glock-Fu
                Reebok-Ryu

"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
                Ashleigh Brilliant

Comment

WTdude: it did work very well during the boxer rebellion. If foreign powers had not come in to save the chinese govt, the boxers would have succeeded.

Comment

Well, they must have been using Wing Tzun then.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Comment

Nike Jitsu here when it comes to guns.

==================
                      "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
                      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Kavelar, religion, luck

Your skills are EXTRAordinary; You have our Gratitude.

Comment

was not Wing Chun used during the Boxer Rebellion?
                          and other Shaolin styles as well....

--
                          Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                          (And my two creaky knees...)
                          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

The Boxer Rebellion was pretty funny, in a historical sense.

Comment

Zu Jitsuka is right. Up close your best of with Krav Maga or some style that tries to have at least some sort of REALISTIC approach at doing something.

After about 10 ft, if you turn run statistics say they will miss more likely then hit.

In the 2 to 9 ft range, you're fucked. Give them whatever they want, unless they're NOT cops and they are telling you to get on your knees and lock your hands behind your head. Then they are getting ready to execute you.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X