Are Kempo Parties for Kids Bullshido?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Kempo Parties for Kids Bullshido?

I was wondering how do people at bullshido feel about such things. Do you think it's okay or not okay?

What the hell is with this pervading mentality here that martial arts schools that have kids birthday parties are nothing more than bullshido ridden McDojo's???? Do you all hate children or something?

No I don't believe so Mr. Jones. If the kids/parents want to have a party, and the school owners have free time and are willing to run it, then there's no problem IMO. Supply and Demand.

Comment

there is nothing wrong with making $$$. I think it is cool as long as the instructor doesn't molest the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Cough/Cool
        there is nothing wrong with making $$$. I think it is cool as long as the instructor doesn't molest the kids.
        And somehow a B-Day party gives the instructor more of a chance to molest than during regular kids classes?

Comment

I just dont like using a sword to cut a cake.

Comment

"No Cake and Ice Cream unless you Spar!"

Comment

People have used swords to cut the cake!?? lol! Ok I'm not THAT bad. :confused5

Comment

A birthday party at a dojo seems boring. What, are we going to beat someone up until they fall apart and spill candy? Houses have pools, and either a ping pong table, a foosball table, or a pool tables, or combination thereof, not to mention TVs and video games. I'd rather have a party there.

Comment

Three kiai's for the birthday boy!

Seem's ok so long as there's no teaching of bullshido during the party.

Comment

Martial arts birthday parties are one of the reasons martial arts are taken as a joke by so many people - along with 12 yr old black belts, mighty dragons, afterschool programs, ninjas, LARPers, point sparring, and so on. I love kids, including my own. But when I want to entertain them, I take them to the park, or a movie, or fishing, or anywhere besides a dojo. Dojos are for people who want to learn to fight. People who make it something else make a mockery of martial arts training.

Comment

Oh come on you can't compare birthday parties to all the horrible things on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
                        Oh come on you can't compare birthday parties to all the horrible things on your list.
                        I can and I do.

Comment

Originally posted by KempoFist
                          And somehow a B-Day party gives the instructor more of a chance to molest than during regular kids classes?

it has nothing to do with chance. It's basically accepted that if you put your kids in a Kenpo Dojo, they will be molested. I just don't like seeing it at bday parties.

Comment

Originally posted by wagamichi
                            I just dont like using a sword to cut a cake.

I use my swords to cut watermelon, it's quicker and much easier then using a knife to cut a whole watermelon into halfs and quarters.

Comment

My current instructor did a couple of karate birthday parties but stopped because he thought the whole concept was "stupendously gay". The place I used to train at hasn't realized this yet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X