what is your favorite martial arts film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is your favorite martial arts film

what is your favorite martial arts film and scene. i like so many that i cant decide.

uh, ok I'll start .. here are ten that I like for whatever reason:

* Enter The Dragon - the duel in white
    * Rumble In The Bronx - the refrigerator fight scene
    * Police Story - the mall scene
    * Miracle - the rope factory scene
    * Wheels On Meals - Jackie fights Benny the Jet
    * The Seven Samurai - Iaijutsu duel
    * The Matrix - Agent Smith vs Neo
    * Hitman In The Hand of Bhudda - Hwang Jang Lee against 3 thugs
    * Drunken Master 2 - end fight
    * Terminator 2 - biker bar scene :P

I also saw the end of Lethal Weapon last night, Mel Gibson vs Gary Bussey using BJJ stuff back in the 80s. Pretty cool.

Comment

bruce lee: game of death fight scenes, bruce even tries a side choke in the middle of this fight!

jet li: fist of legend, shaolin temple, taichi master, enforcer, dr wai, k.o.d, once upon a time in china 1 & 2

jackie chan: drunken master 2, police story 1-4, who am i, gorgeous, wheels on meals, lucky stars series, operation condor

other hk movies: a fighter's blue (muay thai movie)

japanese movies: 7 samurai, samurai, VERSUS (The best action/horror movie ever!, alot of others

korean movies: various tkd movies

thai: Ong Bak! (Finally a muay thai movie from thailand)

american: matrix, x2, some boxing movies

Comment

Seven Samurai - Kikuychio kills the last bandit with his last ounce of strength
        Originally posted by The Wastrel
        I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

X2? WTF? Are you thinking about the Deathstryke vs. Wolverine scene? Dude, that was more like "ninja flipping out and killing everyone" than "martial art fight scene".

~
          danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

X2? WTF? Are you thinking about the Deathstryke vs. Wolverine scene? Dude, that was more like "ninja flipping out and killing everyone" than "martial art fight scene".

~
            danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

Always like Drunken Master 2 the one fight scene that hes trying to beat up people as his mom throws him drinks.

"You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans."-George Carlin

Comment

I also like Miracles on the spiral staircase and tables, that stuff is fun to watch.

Comment

Fung Sai Yuk

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
                  Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Comment

"X2? WTF? Are you thinking about the Deathstryke vs. Wolverine scene? Dude, that was more like "ninja flipping out and killing everyone" than "martial art fight scene"."

haha tru, i guess x2 isnt really a martial arts movie, but its "martial artsy" in that american way and it was pretty exciting, so i put it up there.

Comment

i'm still waiting for the day they come out with a movie with flying armbars and aerial guard passes in it

Comment

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I really like Jean Claude Van Damme's "The Quest".

Not because of the story and definelty not because of Van Damme. I loved the other fights and fighters that were "inferior" to JCVD and his final opponent. I don't know who did the fight scripting, but I'd be suprized if JCVD had anytihg to do with it because it was generally so good. Most of the fights and outcomes seemed follow my schools basic fighting theory and I'll sometimes even use clips to outline certain points.

As far as the my vote on the best MA movie never made, Game of Death. I never get tried of my documentary DVD, that takes the original footage and arranges it in accordance with Bruce's notes. It's awesome.

Comment

mystery of chess boxing
                          shaolin vs. lama
                          invincible armour
                          fearless hyena

to name a few...i mostly like old school flicks.

peace.

INDONESIAN GUNG-FU

Comment

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I really like Jean Claude Van Damme's "The Quest".
                            Don't ever speak again.

~
                            danny

Comment

THE PRODIGAL SON

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X