Truth Be Told...I Am In Pain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth Be Told...I Am In Pain...

I have realized a few things...yet it is hard to let much go.

It is hard to accept anything else...but my perception has always been of the same quality as many of your own...yet is has been hard.

My Grandmaster is my new Master. My former one took the money and ran...he was a father to me and he taught me everything I had learned.

Since then I sort of promised myself to open up my own school and care for those rather than ditch them...try to teach them everything. I only meant well.

I'm sorry for offending anyone. I shall look more closely into the history aspects of my art and teach the ways of the Hwarang moreso for inspiration rather than factual decree.

In other aspects...I still strongly believe that mind is more important than body...and I must continue to teach that. I believe strongly in these philosophies and I shall continue to teach them.

I and another instructor at my school are leaning towards opening up our own school later while I'm attending college.

I'm sorry for anything wrongful I have said and for the drama that has occured in the past 2 days and nights. It's just that I'm distraught.

-Kai

Don't worry; you didn't say anything "wrongful".
    Everyone gets defensive when their entire way of thinking is challenged...we all end up there at some point ;)

I wonder why you are so eager to open up your own school.

Comment

I love to teach...it's like my life.

-Kai

Comment

Self-examination often is unpleasent, but eventually leads to better overall well being. You and your students will thank you for it.

Just do me a favor and make sure you change you tune because you really feel it is the right thing to do, not becuase some of the rougher memebers here beat you into submission.

Comment

It's like traditional Chinese massage...you feel AWFUL at first, because the massage is drawing out all the toxins from your tissues and dumping them into your bloodstream. but eventually you piss em' out and you're fine!

Comment

Mind is just as important as the body, as you cannot effectively use MA with just one or the other. Mind and body go hand in hand in MA na dit is the unity which is the most important.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?

'It's all a ruse with Shura'-Kaine

Comment

is a chinese massage anything like a cambodian massage....because in cambodia you feel good and then they put the toxins INTO you...

-----------------------------------------------------------
              "you think you're tough? try riding on the back of a moto in downtown Phnom Penh"---jzf

"i left my heart in laos, but my wallet in cambodia
              There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Big man Kai to admit error -- big man -- congrats

Comment

It's all a learning experience Kai, if you're going to spend a lifetime in MA's, you'll be very lucky not to come across one or two dead ends in your pursuit of excellence.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido.

peace.

Me:" Teacher, that is so simple!"
                    Teacher:"That's why they dont get it."

RED ANT KUNTAOSILAT

Comment

There is great good in you to admit any fault, no matter how small.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
                      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Tough luck Kai. It takes a man to say sorry, you get my respect. Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Kai,

Don't ever stop believing that the mind is more important than the body. (Of course that's not an excuse not to train hard and learn to use your body effectively!) The human brain is the most dangerous weapon we have at our disposal. The older you get, the more clearly you will see that.

Keep your spirit up. Message boards are good places to come an argue, but you can't take them too seriously. Everybody has a point of view and those points of view can get exaggerated and grow militant & meanspirited behind the anonymity of the internet. Don't take it personally.

Comment

Kai

If you were a squirrel, you would look like this. Sorry I couldn't post the pic directly, but the javascript required to do that doesn't work right on this box. . .

http://www.lolfun.com/funny_pictures/big_nuts/balls_squirrel.jpg

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
                            Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Comment

Whether the mind is or is not more important than the body is not the question. If you choose to engage in an ethical debate, you must understand that even the idea that martial arts are only for fighting is an ethical hypothesis, and you must treat it as one, which means standards of argument and proof, reason and charity etc.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
                              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X