Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit of Shaolin Wahnam Canada, BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit of Shaolin Wahnam Canada, BS?

http://www.shaolinwahnamcanada.com/

This guy is being held up as the top guy in Wahnam Shaolin Kung Fu - apparently he has mastered 8 systems that are listed on the page above. The titles alone smell fishy to me but I thought I'd check here with you guys.

http://www.wongkk.com/discussion/bull-shit.html - some of his claims

Cheers

http://www.mararts.org/2004ihoftc/2004Inductees.shtml

he's also in the hall of fame, which apparently makes him credible... :)

Comment

That Hall of Fame is a wonderful tool. It's like a compendiun of McDojo instructors.

One day it will leave this place useless.

Comment

"My old students in Grappling and BJJ won last year International German Champion in no Gi and with Gi as white belts the blue belt category also Grappling tournaments and get also Pokals for the best team in tournaments, best technique submission and fastes submission 20 sec in the final of the tournament. I think the list shows I know how to train shoots and to counter them."

Anyway to verify this?

Also -"If somebody is saying I have no idea about Grappling or BJJ I just start to smile from my heart. My list of masters I learned from are Gene LeBelle, Gokor "the armenian assasin" unbeaten in over 400 fights, Jean Jaque Machado, ."
        Last edited by Kaitain; 5/11/2006 10:15am, .

Comment

"For me it would be impolite to name the loosers of fights."

Hmm...Sherdog and other MMA sites don't seem to have a problem with it. Then again, those fights actually took place.

Comment

Guro Pencak Silat
            Sifu Jeet Kune Do (2nd Generation)
            Grandmaster Ju Jutsu
            Guro Muay Thai
            Guro Kali/Eskrima
            Guro Eskrido
            Grappling /BJJ Instructore
            Grandmaster Jet Jutsu Dao
            Sifu Shaolin Kungfu

He's a grand master in "Ju Jutsu" and "Jet Jutsu Dao." hmm... a little fishy

Comment

Originally posted by Kaitain
              "My old students in Grappling and BJJ won last year International German Champion in no Gi and with Gi as white belts the blue belt category also Grappling tournaments and get also Pokals for the best team in tournaments, best technique submission and fastes submission 20 sec in the final of the tournament. I think the list shows I know how to train shoots and to counter them."

Anyway to verify this?

Also -"If somebody is saying I have no idea about Grappling or BJJ I just start to smile from my heart. My list of masters I learned from are Gene LeBelle, Gokor "the armenian assasin" unbeaten in over 400 fights, Jean Jaque Machado, ."
              I believe that Asia has some friends in Germany who he can ask.
              [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

Sweet yet another spelling of _ing __n: Wing Choon
                :BangHead:
                "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Comment

I've never heard the term Guro used in Muay Thai before. Was always under the impression that Ajarn was the highest title.
                  " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Do we have the name of his students that won said Championship or is that impolite to say also ?
                    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Comment

[media]http://www.zenergyarts.com/videos/ZAKickBox.wmv[/media]
                      "This video shows Sifu Kai Uwe Jettkandt, a member of the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame and a Shaolin Wahnam instructor in Germany, teaching his students how to use Kung Fu techniques against Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Notice how Sifu Jettkandt is both stable and agile in his use of traditional Kung Fu stances."

Maybe I'm missing something, but he doesnt appear to move like someone who's mastered anything...

The Guru Muay Thai stood out for me as well - I trained MT as a teenager and the top guys were known as Master - e.g. Master Toddy and Master Sken. I know it's been well over a decade since I trained, but I dont think anything changed.... Never heard of "Ajarn" - is that the Thai word for master?

Comment

OMG that video is typicall.

I don't know of any MT guy who trow a round house and just stand there....
                        Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Comment

Apparently he was awared the title of Grandmaster in JJ by his Sifu in Shaolin because he's trained students who are masters. Go figure... Bullshido at it's finest.

I have now asked a bunch of questions seeking validation of the mastery in the other 7 arts he claims. Im guessing he was probably awarded them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaitain
                            Apparently he was awared the title of Grandmaster in JJ by his Sifu in Shaolin because he's trained students who are masters. Go figure... Bullshido at it's finest.

I have now asked a bunch of questions seeking validation of the mastery in the other 7 arts he claims. Im guessing he was probably awarded them as well.

Silat instructors are also known as Guru's, not guro's(because silat is indonesian, as oppsoed to filipino). Guru is the most generic term, and any rank of meaning within the system would have an additional word for it

Comment

ummm gyros

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X