Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taekwondo/Aikido hybrid! brilliant!

http://www.alpinetkd.com/index.html

A kids program, an aikido program, and an "X-team." How can you go wrong with this place? If there's a fault with this place it's their lack luster webdesign. I mean, common... if you're trying to make money then do a bit better marketing than that.

I found this site when I did a search for Aikido within the same city. A friend's father is an Aikido instructor and I was seeing if he had a site, but I found this gem instead.

This makes me wonder what goes through parents' minds when they enroll their children in stuff like this. I would think that they would do some research, but I guess if you're just looking for a daycare, then who cares right? It seems that this place is good at marketing to parents' ignorance or apathy.
    Last edited by Afrin; 5/10/2006 5:42pm, .

Aikido/Taekwondo, if I am not mistaken is just Hapkido.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Comment

hmm... The technical prowess of TKD fused with the chi power of Aikido. I'm in.

And I'm sure that will be best demonstrated with their X-team.

Comment

yea are they surouis, TDK + AIKIDO=Hapkido, sad, sad, sad

Comment

Originally posted by mrblackmagic
          Aikido/Taekwondo, if I am not mistaken is just Hapkido.
          I haven't looked at the site yet ... but sure ... Hapkido could be marketed that way . I suspect it will problably be much worse than your "average bullshit stripmall hapkido" as far as usefullness and self defense is concerned.

You should take a camera and go check it out . I love pretty circular compliant training . Some of that choreagraphy can be tricky .
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

checked it out and nope ... not even a hybrid . It is straight TKD and Straight Aikido taught seperately . ...

:icon_thum
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

that would make sense; that way they can get you to pay for both seperately. Actually, I can't confirm if that's the case.

They do offer "aerobic kickboxing" too.
              Last edited by Afrin; 5/10/2006 9:39pm, . Reason: clarification

Comment

Waitaminute...

The X-Men do TKD and Aikido?

Comment

Originally posted by DerAuslander108
                  Waitaminute...

The X-Men do TKD and Aikido?
                  Of course they do! Why do you think they're such good fighters? :icon_thum
                  " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                    checked it out and nope ... not even a hybrid . It is straight TKD and Straight Aikido taught seperately . ...
                    Straight Aikido???

That is not straight aikido under any pov.

Comment

Straight aikido? As opposed to queer Aikido?

Comment

Yes, that's my point.

Comment

You have yet to show me teh R3aL Aikido, buddy.

Comment

Yes, i know i owe you a mini throwdown. And a decent dinner, btw.

Comment

I love the idea of you guys exchanging banter in English. It confirms the truth of all the movies I've seen where foreigners speak English to one another, except with accents.

Now I'm probably going to get flamed because one of you speaks Catalan, and...
                              Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
                              click here to order on Amazon

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X