Shyt Talkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shyt Talkers

I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem, but I am sick and tired of people talking crap with their buddies around then turning into punks when they are alone. I am in an environment where violence is strongly punished (military...go figure) and I just wish I could run into one of these guys by himself. It wouldn't matter to me one bit if I didn't have to see these type of people everyday but I do and they irk the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just venting, but does anyone know any stealth methods of retaliation or ways to make these people pay??? LOL

dburton,
    What branch? Navy?

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

The only way to get back at them is to not.

May sound stupid to you, but let them talk crap all they want...if it doesn't effect your life, then it doesn't matter.

Just be who you are.

-Kai

Comment

Osiris - I assume you mean, because if they perceive you as weak they may decide to attack ?

Other than that, no it doesn't matter.

--------
        El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
        --------
        The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
        - Pizdoff

Comment

I know a guy who fits your description exactly. Little guy, not much taller than me (I'm a little guy), who has more beef than an abattoir when he's rolling 10 deep, but actually has the nerve to wave at me and my cousin and scurry off when he's alone.

If it comes to fisticuffs, try to make it so it's a one on one situation somehow, but if you want revenge on him otherwise, you could search the internet for various pranks you could adapt to your situation (maybe find where he sleeps and put a fake scorpion in his boots). You could find a way to mess with his head over a period of time, or really piss him off just once, as long as he knows who not to mess with any more.
          "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Comment

This sort of thing would happen to me like 2-3 years ago, but that wa swhen I was a "kid"...

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
            "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
            "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the navy. The thing is that these people know that as long as they hang around certain people, those poeple would snitch if anything happens to them. This is the hardest thing for me to get used to because where I'm from you don't talk mess unless you THINK you can take the person...just in case you do get caught alone. I know the mature thing is to let the person talk crap and just ignore him but somewhere down the road he's gotta learn how to back that shyt up or just shut up.

Comment

Are you in some sort of IET status?

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
                Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

>Are you in some sort of IET status?

I was thinking the same thing.

Osiris is correct. In the military enviorment you don't want pple thinking you are weak. You will have several pple try to take advantage of you. You don't have to be meanacing but you should confront them. Just to let them know you don't appreciate the stuff they are saying behind your back. Even if they deny it you they will know you are not to be taken too lightly. Just a simple, "Hey I don't like that." can gain you some ground.

______
                    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
                    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
                    ______
                    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Or just simply NOT CARING will too...

There's no reason to say anything...what's the point? Find confidence in yourself and you won't care what they say.

-Kai

Comment

Or just simply NOT CARING will too...

There's no reason to say anything...what's the point? Find confidence in yourself and you won't care what they say.
                        Kai, please stay silent. The Wastrel was formerly in the military and Asia is currently in the military. They have a much better grasp of the situation than you do, and hence, they make their suggestions based on their experiences. "When in Rome..."

~
                        danny

Comment

Just because you're in a certain place doesn't make it any different.

Seriously. "Looking weak" etc. is just something that can be fixed by ridding yourself of bad self esteem.

-Kai

Comment

Fair enough, I used to be an idealistic, morally fixated 17 year old at one point too.

~
                            danny

Comment

Kai,

Look kid, you have no idea what you are talking about with this issue.

Not caring is not the right option. You got to realize he is dealing with pple he may have to go to WAR with. One thing you don't want is to be considered the PUNK of the unit. No one said he has to get all macho just let them know he doesn't appreciated. Just showing he is willing to stand up for himself will help.

Wastrel, Vargas, Phrost, and myself can tell you that rumors CAN hurt you. And pple talking shit about you is a good way to start rumors that you are 'soft'.

______
                              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
                              THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
                              ______
                              Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                              -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                              The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                              -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Working...
                              X