BJJ In Arizona Disclaimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ In Arizona Disclaimer

"It has come to our attention that there is a Jiu-jitsu school in Arizona promoting itself as a Graciefighter representative and the instructor is stating that he is a Cesar Gracie black belt. We have no affiliates in Arizona and Cesar's only black belt is David Terrell. The only recommended jiu-jitsu school in Arizona is Rickson Gracie affiliate, Wellington "Megaton" Diaz."
    -GF

www.graciefighter.com

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com

Edited by - The Wastrel on May 08 2003 17:47:20
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

If you can gonna' make claims - aim big!

The guy should have claimed to BE a Gracie.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Comment

He could've probably passed for a Gracie. There's so fucking many of them.

I mean, Rorion Gracie has 9 kids. NINE!

~
      danny

Comment

lol feel sorry for his wife.

"You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans."-George Carlin

Comment

lol FM, nice post Wastrel.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
          "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
          "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

There are two other black belts in Phoenix, AZ

Jerry Laurita (Joe Moreira)
            Laurita's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Four of Jerry's students medaled in the Pan Ams - and Jerry fought a hard match against Franjinha - losing 2x0.

and

Gustavo Dantas (A. Pederneiras)
            Arizona Combat Sports

Thanks.

"It has come to our attention that there is a Jiu-jitsu school in Arizona promoting itself as a Graciefighter representative and the instructor is stating that he is a Cesar Gracie black belt. We have no affiliates in Arizona and Cesar's only black belt is David Terrell. The only recommended jiu-jitsu school in Arizona is Rickson Gracie affiliate, Wellington "Megaton" Diaz."
            -GF

www.graciefighter.com

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com

Edited by - The Wastrel on May 08 2003 17:47:20

Edited by - xMEATx on May 09 2003 00:34:06

Comment

Yeah, they aren't claiming there are no othr black belts, just that there are no other Gracie black belts.

"I'm willing to bet I could fuck up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
              -- KC Elbows, my new hero.
              Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Actually he said the "only recommended" school in AZ is Megatons. I was just adding my two sents - and giving props to two very good Jiu-jitsu instructors that have the best comp. teams in AZ.

Thanks.

Yeah, they aren't claiming there are no othr black belts, just that there are no other Gracie black belts.

"I'm willing to bet I could fuck up an emu real good, if I got the drop on the bastard."
                -- KC Elbows, my new hero.

Comment

The real problem is that somebody is claiming to be a Cesar Gracie black belt, but the only one is David Terrell.

They may be basing their statement about Arizona schools on the bjj.org site listing, which as many know is a little out of date.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

How does Lenningers BJJ people tend to fair?
                    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X