Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I you absoulutely have to point spar....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I you absoulutely have to point spar....

....You can at least put in a little effort. Here's two lads from my club entering a point contact tournament. One was disqualified and the other won. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AyjSXL-9M

That was not bad for point sparring, there was a good level of contact there. I liked that guy's counter to the flying side kick.

Comment

Yeah, the flying side kick defense was awesome.

I like the spinning back kick to the kidneys. Tell me, did that get the guy disqualified? Because it was awesome.
      --
      L.

Comment

Lol, I take it your club doesn't normally enter semi contact slap and tiggle contests?
        You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
        FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
        Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
        Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Comment

Fantastic. Love the spinning kick. That kind of healthy disregard for light contact is why I lost my last point-fighting competition (over a decade ago). Great stuff.
          Last edited by DAYoung; 5/04/2006 5:41pm, .
          Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
          click here to order on Amazon

Comment

:bowdown:

Awesome vid. You can tell from the vid no one was expecting to actually get hit lol.

Comment

that flying side kick thing was a bit scary, it sounded like his head burst.
              My school was worse:
              They made you point spar with NO CONTACT, any contact = disqualification because you could not control the deadly. Thanks Tompkins Karate Association located in MD, thanks for giving me a false sense of security!
              We would not have known what to do if someone actually hit us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cough/Cool
                They made you point spar with NO CONTACT
                Hence the need for telekinetic dim mak.*

*Not a pastry-wrapped savoury
                Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
                click here to order on Amazon

Comment

Heh, reminds of the last point sparring match I was in. the little fucker kept throwing these TKD kicks (he was a TKD black belt). He was getting all these points with BS stuff, so I got mad and socked him in the face. I got disqualified, but I felt vindicated.
                  "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Comment

Hahahahaaaa hahaha. That guy falling on his head from the flying side kick. Hahahahahahaaaaaaa. Oh shit I hope that lesson sunk in..

Comment

If you absolutely have to point spar....

You should at least have the decency to be embarassed about it.
                      Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Comment

Wow, I really thought that it would be widely panned for being point sparring. But anyway, the guy who went on his ear was a white belt former TKD, there were no other senior white/yellow belts so he asked could if he go in with the green/blue, so fair play to him in that regard. It was Joe (the guy with red hair) that got disqualified for constantly grabbing while striking. And Frankie (back kick guy) won with that technique as the other guy couldn't continue. Pussy, not that that kick doesn't hurt (it fucking does), but that was the final match, you suck it up fight through it.

Comment

Hehehe. Boom, kidneyshot!

Comment

Most of the point tournaments I went too, your guys would have been kicked out for hitting ( a badge of honor in my opinion)

What actual ruleset was that under?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                              Most of the point tournaments I went too, your guys would have been kicked out for hitting ( a badge of honor in my opinion)

What actual ruleset was that under?
                              Normal point sparring rules, they held back and pulled their punches for the most part only "deviating from the script", so to speak on those occasions.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X