Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARAKAN in Brisbane, Australia - a MA from Burma.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by It is Fake
    No one is taking anything away from any of these fighters. Yet, if you play in the AFL you don't say you won the Superbowl. Both have athletic players but, minus Kurt Warner, they are markedly different.


    They fought UFC I respect that.


    UFC is very specific and it does matter. If you asked and someone said UFC you better be 100% sure.

    Fighting wise nope I agree. You fight in MMA you get some respect. If they did fight using Arkan cool. Still if the instructor is claiming UFC that is wrong.
    Well said mate. What I meant was that if they hadn't fought UFC, but had fought in another legitimate organisation, ARAKAN would still be able to make a point. It wouldn't have as much of an impact, but it would show that someone had applied the art in an MMA situation. claiming UFC without being in UFC is a whole other kettle of fish, but in this case I'm thinking it's a genuine mistake.

    Oh, and props for the AFL reference.

    Comment


      #92
      wow sorry man, i must have missed it right after the first word aye?? maybe u shoud read it again.

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Arakan
        wow sorry man, i must have missed it right after the first word aye?? maybe u shoud read it again.
        No you heard that someone fought.

        Your instructor said he won. Huge difference.

        Where is the word "heard" said by your instructor?

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Deadmeat
          Well said mate. What I meant was that if they hadn't fought UFC, but had fought in another legitimate organisation, ARAKAN would still be able to make a point. It wouldn't have as much of an impact, but it would show that someone had applied the art in an MMA situation. claiming UFC without being in UFC is a whole other kettle of fish, but in this case I'm thinking it's a genuine mistake.

          Oh, and props for the AFL reference.
          Gotcha.

          Didn't want anyone thinking I'm denigrating MMA fighters.

          Comment


            #95
            Arakan, Please understand I think it is great you are training and enjoy your training.

            My complaint is with your instructor his lineage is a complete fabrication. This martial art does not exist in Burma/Myanmar. My grandfather lived in Burma and my grandmother is Burmese I have travelled to and fought in Burma. His history is absolute crap...complete horses**t.

            No fighter from this system has ever fought in the UFC that is a complete lie.

            I will tell you have seen no country where the people that practice martial arts are quicker to pressure test than Burma

            Comment


              #96
              man im not going to get into a lecture about word pronunciation and all that BS. My bad that i had a typo. wateva. i don't care about the UFC thing. he wasn't even an arakan student at the time, he just used it in whatever fighting competition it was, which *I* believed was the UFC. ok?

              It was speculation on my behalf. not on the clubs.

              Comment


                #97
                It's not called arakan over there. i have no idea wat is is called. Just called arakan here. I havn't really researched it but one of the other students said there is records of it in the first and second dynasty?? i'd have to look over it properly but. but yeh they date back to 2000 bc.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by Arakan
                  man im not going to get into a lecture about word pronunciation and all that BS. My bad that i had a typo. wateva. i don't care about the UFC thing. he wasn't even an arakan student at the time, he just used it in whatever fighting competition it was, which *I* believed was the UFC. ok?

                  It was speculation on my behalf. not on the clubs.
                  You put it on your instructor. So, basically you didn't ask your instructor anything?


                  That's because you can't lecture on pronunciation. The word heard appears only in your asking of the question. At first, according to you, your instructor was certain. When you saw all of the information provided it became a rumor.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Arakan

                    I really don't care what another student says or what someone told you. In the Rakhine state (Arakan) there is an indigenous martial art. It is not the one you are practicing and the history you are qouting is wrong. There are 4 burmese martial arts dating back to the time of Christ and this is not one of them. That is historical fact.

                    Comment


                      It doesn't matter if something is new or old if its crap. Crap is crap. New crap, old crap, who cares.

                      What do people think they are proving when they harken their fighting art back to the days of pythagoras?

                      Comment


                        Comment


                          Ha im glad you can't find any infomation on it. I don't want the world to know what cards i have been delt. closing comments. arakan works. it is effective. it gives you core confidence. and i will not accept anymore comments until someone has come down for that free lesson and proven me wrong. thats it. it is as simple as that.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Arakan
                            Ha im glad you can't find any infomation on it. I don't want the world to know what cards i have been delt. closing comments. arakan works. it is effective. it gives you core confidence. and i will not accept anymore comments until someone has come down for that free lesson and proven me wrong. thats it. it is as simple as that.
                            Oh what you have a magic stop posting button?

                            These aren't the cards you have been dealt. You bought these cards. Are you telling me there are no other schools in your area?

                            Many people fall for the hype. It is just silly to do in the information age. You have fallen for what many people will do, the exotic I want to do something no one else does.

                            Comment


                              Mate, no disrespect, but maybe you could start by posting the promotional video(s) when you can.

                              If that doesn't satisfy everyone, then someone will probably come to a session and check it out.

                              And would you agree or disagree with the commentary I made about my 2nd hand observations of Arakan as a style? the guy I knew had trained for probably around as long as you have.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Arakan
                                have no certificate in ancient cultures
                                You know, Mate, I lived in Australia for a while (not long enough to learn to like vegemite, but a while) and the vast majority of Aussies I knew were skeptical blokes with heaps of common sense, and a naturally fine-tuned BS detector.

                                You are either trolling - Bullshido sees this same exact stuff all the time - or hopelessly naive to the point of courting danger.

                                If A, then FUCK OFF. If B, then GOOD LUCK.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X