Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARAKAN in Brisbane, Australia - a MA from Burma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I'm back to strength, I will do what hasn't been done. I will endure a class of Arakan.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
      Once I'm back to strength, I will do what hasn't been done. I will endure a class of Arakan.
      Think I mentioned it earlier somewhere (maybe on this thread) - but I have done this. I was "lucky" enough to know someone who did Arakan -a ballet friend of my daughters used to practice his moves outside the studio. After 6 months training, his goal was to be an instructor.
      Long story short, I settled on aikido as short term delusion of choice.
      I you are really set on Arakan, I can probably lend you some "Aerobics - Style" videos - same fighting capability with 80's leotards

Comment

Challenge everybody to a death match the first time somebody gives counter-productive coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by traversnz View Post
          Think I mentioned it earlier somewhere (maybe on this thread) - but I have done this. I was "lucky" enough to know someone who did Arakan -a ballet friend of my daughters used to practice his moves outside the studio. After 6 months training, his goal was to be an instructor.
          Long story short, I settled on aikido as short term delusion of choice.
          I you are really set on Arakan, I can probably lend you some "Aerobics - Style" videos - same fighting capability with 80's leotards
          I want to experience it first hand. Then provide lulz for the forum. I am definitely not "set on Arakan".
          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
          I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I want to experience it first hand. Then provide lulz for the forum. I am definitely not "set on Arakan".
            shhhhhhhh.
            Great now they know one of their new students, in the next six months, is a plant.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
              shhhhhhhh.Great now they know one of their new students, in the next six months, is a plant.
              They're probably going to figure it out when I challenge them all to a Death Match during warm up.
              I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Comment

I’m a former long term student of the club (over 6 years)
                  No I don’t believe it’s Burmese as I never saw real proof just second hand myths always handed down by my instructor to me. Funnily enough never recorded on video or in writing..
                  I also enjoyed my time there but never enjoyed the extremely high pressure sales techniques used to force students into seminars and more training in general
                  Apparently there is a level of black belt (7 belts up) but the highest rank ever achieved by top level Australian instructors, some who are still active and full time, some over 20 years, is just 3 belts (green)
                  Most would assume that if you are a master of a “martial art” you would at least have a black belt in that art but apparently there is no proof the master has that at all. And yes it did seem very frowned upon to ask these questions or similar or even that instructors did not know themselves. The topic would always be changed quick

I and I’m sure so many others would love to know the answers to a lot of questions. The whole thing seems deceiving especially when you know of the staggering amounts of money that students and instructors spend on their training weekly. Upwards of $500 per week is common
                  Would love to hear more?..
                  I’ve also followed this thread for years and spent countless hours searching the internet for any link to this martial art but have never found it. Burmese or Myanmar searches for all different martial arts.
                  Even the “rakhine thaing” the website speaks of just shows a Burmese wrestling style nothing like what I was taught

Comment

Artsdier you bring up a really interesting point….
                    ‘Rakhine Thaing’ WTF is this????
                    I was there many years and many before me and this sounds like BS…. I’ve been told that Mark Hunt called AMA out on social media. Possibly Facebook or Instagram? And nobody replied but the website content/story changed? WTF
                    Opening up the forum to everybody in the community, past or present students that follow this thread… Haha I know you’re out there.
                    What is the story with Rakhine Thaing, I’m very interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Artstdier View Post
                      The whole thing seems deceiving especially when you know of the staggering amounts of money that students and instructors spend on their training weekly. Upwards of $500 per week is common
                      something something fools and their money....

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                        something something fools and their money....
                        Your right Cualltaigh but some of these guys don't come from a Martial Art background nor are wealthy but are young and easily persuaded. Some of these guys are spending 90% of there weekly income on training through hard selling and manipulation techniques taught to instructors to get them to spend every cent they earn on training. Ive seen it first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Le carcom View Post
                          Your right Cualltaigh but some of these guys don't come from a Martial Art background
                          You don't need to a Martial Arts background to do a google search or vet a gym. There are plenty of discussions online (not just on Bullshido) about the questionable nature of Arakan.

nor are wealthy
                          All the more reason not to be dropping $500 a week on playtime. That's just, wow.

I'm not saying that they deserve to be swindled, Shady gyms are persuasive and many people on this site are here because we've been duped before. But at some point you have to take stock of your decisions. Critical thinking is really not as popular as it ought to be.
                          Last edited by cualltaigh; 11/19/2019 12:04am, .

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                            There are plenty of discussions online (not just on Bullshido) about the questionable nature of Arakan.
                            I completely agree with everything your saying...

Where else is this being discussed online?

Comment

I completely agree with everything your saying...

Where else is this being discussed online?
                              Reddit for one:
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts...t_experiences/
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/brisbane/co...2153db/arkana/
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comment...akan_fighting/

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X