Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARAKAN in Brisbane, Australia - a MA from Burma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New video : hammerfist. Haven't watched it yet; will watch it when I can as I am interested in their take on this move. I'll assume students will get hit in the face again (LOL). This is my fifth part so hopefully after this I can pay links.

It's at least on their Facebook page, maybe on YouTube. Cheers.

Dubious.

Comment

THE HAMMER FIST

Originally posted by dubious View Post
      Yes, that is the one - thank you for posting the link.
      Here is a new video of the hammer fist!! what do people really think of this art??? Its so expensive to train!! Is This a real art or just a made up one that someone has put a lot of other MA together and called it ARAKAN?!?

Comment

AMA

Hi all,

This is such a good read and really opens up a lot about AMA.

I trained AMA for nearly 6 Years and always thought in the back of my head is this a made up art, but i was that brain washed that it seemed so good till i woke up to myself one day and realised its all about money and its like a cult. its a massive pyramid scheme. They push you to do every seminar that start from $110 to $450 But dont get me wrong i learned a lot of cool strikes and have had to use it in real life and it does work. But in saying that where did the art come from is it real or has robert just done alot of other MA and put them all together and made up an art called arakan?? How can you charge someone $450 an hour for one privet lesson?? There is a new video up on there FB of the hammer fist strike, i could not post the link because it wont let me. if someone can that would be good!!

Comment

Originally posted by isthisreal View Post
          Hi all,

This is such a good read and really opens up a lot about AMA.

I trained AMA for nearly 6 Years and always thought in the back of my head is this a made up art, but i was that brain washed that it seemed so good till i woke up to myself one day and realised its all about money and its like a cult. its a massive pyramid scheme. They push you to do every seminar that start from $110 to $450 But dont get me wrong i learned a lot of cool strikes and have had to use it in real life and it does work. But in saying that where did the art come from is it real or has robert just done alot of other MA and put them all together and made up an art called arakan?? How can you charge someone $450 an hour for one privet lesson?? There is a new video up on there FB of the hammer fist strike, i could not post the link because it wont let me. if someone can that would be good!!

It's not on youtube yet so here it is from facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...760402&theater

Yeah, from what we can gather it's a made up art. Allegedly Robert did a full contact match and got owned by a judoka (someone may have a VHS of this, haven't seen it yet).

Damn that's EXPENSIVE! $110 to $450 for an HOUR. Sorry :(.

As for the video, yes he did hit his students quite a few times. I can see if it was hard sparring but not a demonstration. Welp time for breakfast hope you all have a good day.

Cheerio,
          Dubious

Comment

hello. not here pass much comment either way. but just to clarify, Rob never fought in any such match.

it was an ex student that broke away from the club at the time (in bad terms) then entered the match not long after.

but regardless the ex-student did lose the match. that part is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by exstudent View Post
              hello. not here pass much comment either way. but just to clarify, Rob never fought in any such match.

it was an ex student that broke away from the club at the time (in bad terms) then entered the match not long after.

Thank-you for the clarification. Whatever the case is, the history of this system is quite muddied. The problems I see with it are as follows:

1) The cost factor.
              2) The cultish mindset which pushes people to pay out their rectum and partake in seminars.
              3) The inability to truthfully disclose the true history of Arakan Martial Art.
              4) The practicality of the techniques.
              5) Striking of students during these techniques - see the most recent hammerfist video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbeDhxonOI0
              6) Teaching school children the suspect techniques and whatever principles they have or lack.
              7) Weapons training with no claim of what the weapon system is.

Could go on and on, but I guess that's my beef with what I see. It sucks there is no real body which investigates martial arts schools and this is one that is suspect in a sea of many.

Have a nice day,
              Dubious.

Comment

just want to add, i've lived in front of Arakan's main dojo for many years now ( a fucking high school LOL) I'd walk past every now and then stopping to check out some of the techniques and training methods, none of which where impressive in any way shape or form. The only argument you need against this piece of shit " martial art " is that they have no form of sparring.. at all, good luck using any of those pansy slaps in a real life situation when adrenaline is rushing your body causing your brain to have a spaz attack because it knows you're about to get knocked out/choked out.

Comment

EXSTUDENT

Originally posted by exstudent View Post

What is your take on this art? I never heard that robert had a fight and i trained for a while, so that might not be true?!

Have you trained in this art before? Would love to hear your take on it seeing that this 28 page thread thinks its not real at all If you did not read all the thread, What do you think about this post from years ago???

Posted On:
                  11/10/2009 9:09am
                  Bullshido Newbie
                  Style: boxing

-- Hell yeah! Hell no!
                  my wife from arakan in burma her family say no such martial art exist you have been a victim of fraud robie kyaw is a failed wing chung student from sydney, he used to wash dishes in a asian food court in kings cross sydney in the 70s

Comment

The art is effective in real life situations (have used it a few times in the past, it worked for me)
                    Takes some time and effort before you become proficient.

Authenticity? Dubious. Only Rob will know the truth here.
                    Rob openly admitted training some tong long for a while many years ago.
                    Arakan at times bares 'some' similarities to tong long but is fundamentally quite different in many ways.

Arakan is very expensive and the club is entirely centred around revenue generation.
                    It 'is' very cult like.

The exstudent fought in the match about 13 years ago so perhaps before your time there.

The story above (ex wing Chun student, dishwasher, 70's, Kings X etc) is not true at all.
                    Rob is in his mid 40s and moved from Burma to qld.

Comment

Arakan Testimonials

Some new videos with testimonials:

Allegedly it can take out multiple attackers quite easily:
                      https://www.facebook.com/ArakanMarti...6057839045402/

Some ex students of other styles giving their thumbs up:
                      https://www.facebook.com/ArakanMarti...5989747380402/

Still have to see some video that's against a resisting opponent.

Comment

Defense against lunging knife attack to the throat

Defense against lunging knife attack to the throat:

https://www.facebook.com/ArakanMarti...6185643690402/

Thoughts?

Comment

Looks like WC meets Kempo meets bad Silat.

And who the hell's going to pull a knife on you that far out?

Comment

Took me a while to get through this thread. Looks like they operate in melbourne too now. Sounds insanly expensive, for that cost of a single lesson i get 2 weeks unlimited training at the mma gym i go to (boxing, MT, bjj and actual mma classes).

Arakan sounds like a new krav maga. Boasts killer moves that cant be used in the ring or in sparring. The sparring consists of stupid single attacks. Ive done the forementioned so i can see the simularities, i still cant get over the price.

They must really make their students feel helpless unless they keep going to class.

Comment

Guess who's back with a brand new rap

New video "Arakan defense against a "Street" headlock"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrdpA0HgEa0

Comment

no meetup, sparring, or trial class, ffs!

no VHS rip! FFS!

I read all 27 pages of this thread!
                                arrrghhh the blueballs!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X