X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Virus
    What if I was to come up with:

"Scientific Ninjitsu Combatives System"

"This system was passed down from ancient ninjitsu masters to navy SEALS, some of which were in jail and added filthy dirty secret of prison fighting. Through extensive research by top Soviet scientists into the nature of chi, we have developed a one hour program which will destroy any grappler, knife wielding gang or homeless black person."
    What about homeless hispanics, and deadly calculator wielding asians?

Oh, and some people beat you to it .. .sort of

Rick Tew's Martial Science and Tew Ryu Ninjitsu

Daniel Verkerke, Awarded 9th. Dan Black Belt Ninjutsu sanctioned by the Scientific Martial Arts International Association

Science of Ninja Magic

And finally ...

System of a Down + Naruto = Scientific Ninjutsu

Comment

No actually I was just going to say to each his on, But My goal was to provide a response to the post from someone who had a bit more knowledge on the topic to give a somewhat balanced view of the system and I've done that.

Comment

Nutriding FTW!

Comment

oh sorry about that did'nt think I needed to put my resume online but just for reference have been involved in Hapkido for the past 7 years and have other Martial art schools in my background but I don't consider them relevant to actual survival skills on the street. And though I've Learnt a lot from all of those other schools, when I was introduced to TFT I found it very hard to go back to what I did before, So at the moment I'm still trying to balance both but I know in the end I'd most likly give up all those years of training (though very hard to bring myself to do) for the knowledge I got in those 2 & 1/2 days because the principles simply have way too much confliting views on violence.

So with that said Thank you for the contructive arguments and hope to talk to you guys again on another thread.

P.S. Hey Virus just to touch on the question you ask about how they know the strikes cause the trauma they speak about. These targets are nothing new, its not some ninja 5 point death touch, its targets that we all know about. Its the knee to the side of the leg that your bigger brother use to do to you to give you that dead leg, its the head butt to the solar plexus from Zidane Zidane (not sure if I spelt that properly) it's the knee in the groin that everyman on the planet has most liklely experienced at some point of their lives, It's the punch to the liver that took out Oscar De Lahoya, everyone knows about most of the targets its just that some schools only pay lip service to the proper targeting of these targets.

This is not to say that TFT did'nt carry out there own tests on thier system
          Last edited by curby82; 12/25/2006 11:42am, .

Comment

Its the knee to the side of the leg that your bigger brother use to do to you to give you that dead leg
            Frequently used by law enforcement (as a knee strike to the common peroneal), which frequently doesn't work correctly.

t's the knee in the groin that everyman on the planet has most liklely experienced at some point of their lives
            I've seen someone ignore two knees to the groin in a fight in a bar because he was drunk and furious. Later, they were swollen enough that the jail refused to take him without medical treatment, but he fought damn hard after those strikes.

its the head butt to the solar plexus
            Against an unsuspecting opponent...?

Comment

I imagine the headbutt to the solar plexus is an unpleasant end to what was expected to be a blow job.

Comment

I imagine the headbutt to the solar plexus is an unpleasant end to what was expected to be a blow job.
                lol - thus the unsuspecting opponent?

Comment

lol good to see you guys still have your since of humour. the solar plexus shot that I think everyone who saw the world cup finals was just to show that it works, his tool of choice to get the job done was a poor choice though :-).
                  Well I'm not going to say that you did not see the guy get hit successfully in the groin and not have it phase him but I will say that I've never seen such a show of will power before. So saying that it did happen what do you think you could have done in the situation to shut the guy off apart from using a weapon?
                  Last edited by curby82; 12/26/2006 7:33pm, .

Comment

Incidentally, I think that headbutt was more sternum than solar plexus...

So saying that it did happen what do you think you could have done in the situation to shut the guy off apart from using a weapon?
                    I seem to remember that he was brought down with a Tazer (best tool since the baton, IMO), but absent that I probably would have tried to choke him out. Absent that, motor dysfunction over pain compliance (which I believe you or another TFT supporter has mentioned) - rather than go for strikes that rely on pain to debilitate, try to target things that will disable him even if he doesn't feel it. Assuming lethal force (or that which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm), elbows and knees, eyes, throat, etc...

To be fair, I have seen a couple of fights ended with the groin shot, but my entire point is that you cannot RELY on a pain compliance target to have a universally predictable effect.

Comment

Originally posted by curby82
                      First I'll start with the reflex actions that is one of the stones that tft is based on.
                      Now you guys can talk semantics all day long but look at it from this point of view. If I step in and hit you with a brick to the nose, will your hands stay at your sides or go to your knee to protect it? obviously not I think we can all have an objective view as to how the body would react to that.
                      brick to the face
                      So what about a kick to the groin that ruptures a testicle or both? would your pelvis arch foward toward the thing that injured it and would your hands fly up into the air or would it go the area of injury to try and protect it from getting said injury a second time and would'nt your pelvis move away from that negative stimuli? duh! so you guys can spend all day carrying us back to biology class with all the fancy diagrams and terms but just from the basic examples that i posted there I think we can all see what will happen in actuality. TFT is not talking about tapping an area to get the body to react a certain way.... no forget that, its about breaking an anatomically weak area of the body and then the body cries out telling you to do something to protect yourself, its like mashing the gas after the light has already turned red, but you already got it.
                      Soo how does TFT teach you to utilize these reactions?
                      TFT says this, so it must be true.
                      Next on the topic of what if you were ambushed how does TFT help you then.
                      *Bored expression*

Hmmmmm what else was there to talk about.... oh The colouring books.. I think Tim Larkin created a newsletter just for you man and i'll go find it and post it for you so that he can answer you himself, but for the record the mastery programe is for those preparing to be instructors, they already went through all the training and the Master instructors need to know that they know all the information about the human anatomy needed to teach this stuff to others, but there is no easy way to do this apart from sending them to med school because they all don't live in the same state.

K thats it for now

Comment

Here is the Newsletter I was telling you about, and Be honoured because I'm sure he was reffering to you kungfool

What Color Crayon Should I Use For A Ruptured Spleen?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the
                        privilege.
                        -Unknown

Internet chat rooms are interesting arenas.

I received an email the other day from a client who
                        forwarded some comments made about the TFT Mastery
                        Program from one of these "chat" forums. TFT Mastery
                        is a program designed to educate and train clients who
                        desire to become TFT trainers.

The program has rigorous physical and academic
                        standards. It is designed as such to produce trainers
                        who can instruct the system physically and explain the
                        physical trauma accurately. The physical part of the
                        training occurs at the live seminars held throughout
                        the year. Training time is logged and candidates are
                        tested at every juncture to gauge their progress.

The academic portion is done online in between the
                        seminars and, again, lessons are given and knowledge
                        is tested. One of the tools I use is the "Anatomy
                        Coloring Book" which is a standard text most medical
                        schools use to quickly train students on the human
                        body and its components.

The method of color-coding different bones, joints,
                        and nerves has proved to be a time-tested method for
                        rapid assimilation of this information as well as
                        providing long-term ability to recall the information.

A TFT trainer is not just physically able to show you
                        how to fight but must be able to accurately explain
                        the trauma inflicted to the other guy as you strike
                        these specific targets on the human body.

A certain "chat room black belt" was deriding any
                        program that used coloring books and wondered if
                        Crayola crayons were issued to TFT Mastery candidates.
                        Which just goes to show how one-dimensional most
                        combat sport and martial arts practitioners are when
                        it comes to trauma.

They just want to see a new "technique" rather than
                        understand how to systematically shut down the other
                        guy(s) by understanding how to effectively deliver
                        trauma to vulnerable areas of the human body.

To be able to deliver a strike is only one half of the
                        equation -- to know where to deliver the strike for
                        maximum effect -- EVERY TIME -- is truly the acme of
                        skill in hand-to-hand combat.

So I'll let the "internet warriors" have fun with my
                        coloring book requirements but they may be surprised
                        what you can learn with a box of crayons...

Until next time,

Tim Larkin
                        Creator of Target-Focus(TM) Training
                        Gee, I guess you showed me.

Folks, this is why I consider TFT followers retarded. Oh another thing, if TFT has to put out a newsletter just to refute what I have to say, then they have every reason to be concerned and I've accomplished what I've set out to do.
                        Last edited by Kungfoolss; 12/27/2006 11:55pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by OnceLost

And what happens if you miss and DON'T get your reflex reaction? Or if he's high or in the middle of an adrenaline dump and gets reduced nerve input and thus, you don't get your reflex reaction? Then he sinks the choke and you're done.
                          What the TFT sycophant fails to realize, is that it's possible through direct CNS input to override the somatic reflex arc. I can only assume that TFT brainwashing seminars doesn't allow for this inconvenient truth.

Comment

No actually I was just going to say to each his on, But My goal was to provide a response to the post from someone who had a bit more knowledge on the topic to give a somewhat balanced view of the system and I've done that.
                            Shoveling information on TFT fluff, I'll grant you that. However, selling a philosophy mired in medical inaccuracies as gospel, you failed miserably and convinced nobody.

Comment

It's the punch to the liver that took out Oscar De Lahoya,

This is not to say that TFT did'nt carry out there own tests on thier system
                              This is why you're an idiot. Forget the fact that the liver shot was delivered in the 9th round of the fight or that the multitude of other punches De lahoya received up to that point or even what part physical fatigue played into that liver strike. But nooo, you want us to believe because some guy k.o.'d De lahoya with a liver punch (ignoring all the variables present), that you can achieve that same results on a fresh attacker within the first 3 seconds of a fight.

You're a retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman140
                                What you train is ultimately what you do. Ever hear of the guy that disarmed an attacker with a gun only to give him back the gun for another "turn" ? If you train to miss in class (no contact TKD tornament rules) you won't make contact on the street effectively. I can cause a lot of joint pain in class but I can say that I've never actually broken a joint on purpose in class. Fingers,elbows,knees seem about the extent of realistic joint breaking on the street to me.
                                The point is whether or not TFT fantasy fighters can reproduce the medical, trauma-based damage they claim is possible under 'alive' conditions. This doofus is going around boasting how a kick to the groin will - without fail - rupture the testicals. We've all been hit there hard by a kick, a ball, or whatever, I'd be willing to bet over 95% of the time the damage was negligible and not permanent.

People wonder why I have a problem with TFT, well this guy is the perfect example of it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X