Submission tourney in Texas (June 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submission tourney in Texas (June 7)

Anyone going to the Finisher's Cup in Plano, Texas on June 7? I'm going to be there, pretty sure the Phil Cardella guys from Austin will be there (Hope to see ya there, Fisting Kittens). Anyone else plan on competing? No points, just submissions and judges decision if time expires.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"

Edited by - Vargas on April 26 2003 14:44:26
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

I'm gonna try really hard to be there. I'm not training with Phil at the moment as I am sorely in need of cashflow, but I'll be there to watch (unless my parents are willing to give me the money to compete). I'll see ya there vargas, maybe you'll get that rematch with phil.

Comment

No points? Just Submission
      <Drooling>
      How far is Plano from Dallas?

Go away I'm talking to myself

Comment

Is Greg taking the whole team vargas? And no time limits, till submission is sweet.

Comment

The website for the event should be active in a few days (www.finishercup.com), weight classes look to be the same as Grappler's Quest.

As for Team Jackson going, yeah, it looks like he might be taking a big group. Lovato, Austin BJJ and Carlos Machado will probably have big teams there, so I'm definitely going. Hey KC, let me know what weight you want to fight at. They consider 2 years and over 'Advanced', so that should be a pretty big division.

"I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
          "Shadow Box"

Comment

MAN!!! I want to this. I don't know if I can, just starting BNOCC and all. I will see if I can swing it. That I can soften up Vargas early!!!
            ______
            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

BNOCC?!!! I thought you'd been in the army for nearly ten years!! Damn, some career fields...

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
              Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

BNOCC? What is that, some development course for NCOs? And don't worry, Asia, the Blue Reaper will be lurking in the shadows wherever you go. . . :)

- George Plimpton
                "Shadow Box"

Comment

10 YEARS? Nope I don't reach that until 2006. If I stay in past that I will have gone Warrant by then (that way I get to keep some of my intellegence and nearly no bootlicking) But you are right our points have been maxed for some time now.

Now worries about Blue Reaper in the shadows I'll just turn the lights on and what him scamper around like roaches

______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
                  THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
                  ______
                  Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                  -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                  The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                  -Daniel Tosh

Comment

That's more reasonable. But still...when I got out 98Gs were making E-6 in like five years.

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
                    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X