Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fang Shen Do

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I heard it too but I think its a hoax, I tried to make a search about it but I never came with any results.
    I find it surprising that they even tryied grappling in one regular class. when I was training the only time I had the occasion to do grappling when on thursday when there were no senior instructor to watch us but only one assistant who didnt gave a fuck about what we were doing...
    meh I even saw one of the "grappling" seminar starting with the sifu asking "why is the octogon not like real life fighting?" ...

    Comment


      #32
      Now that you have all left Fang shen do.How has your training in your new respective arts have come along?How do you find the atmosphere ......and how are you all being explained concepts and techniques as opposed to your training at FSD?

      I know that you ,GreenHornet, you've been doing BJJ for some time now.We should deffinately get together .I need to see for myself just how good BJJ really is.
      [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

      "God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

      Comment


        #33
        yeah we should do something like a throwdown or something (even if its just the 2 of us lol)
        you got to show me some Kyokushin moves man there is this karate guy at my school who fucked up my leg and its pay back time :( (joking)
        I could show you some shits but Ive only been doing for 3 months now so Im far from being an expert, but I got friends you could teach you.
        Appart from that my training is great, I got to calm down a little bit this week cause of my leg but Im learning really fast.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by PeterPantsless
          In other news, do any of you know anything about the two Sifus entering an MMA tournament? The instructors and students bragged about it, but I cannot find any record of it. Not to mention, the story went from, "Two Sifu's competing in an amateur MMA match", to "Sifu's fighting in the UCC", and inevitably, "Two Sifu's fighting in the UFC". I know the last two did not happen. Any information ?
          I know this much:

          Pat Marcil and Scott Hill both participated in an event in Montreal called "Bloodsport". My understanding was that they were short-notice replacements. I remember seeing the poster in one of the schools at the time, which their pictures on it. I think that the organization putting it on was something like "World Extreme Championship Fighting" (I remember seeing "WECF" on the poster). They both won their fights. I've searched for the event as well and come up with nothing. There was a writeup in a Manotick newspaper about Scott that has some details. Interestingly, there was absolutely no mention of this to anyone until after the event. I guess they didn't want a crowd of students there just in case.
          Last edited by Stringfellow; 2/16/2006 6:35am, .

          Comment


            #35
            Hi Stringfellow,
            There is no fcfightfinder or sherdog record for either of those names, nor is there mention of an event named "bloodsport." I would hazzard a wild guess that what they participated in was not MMA but rather toughman type competitions.

            Edited to add: there is a Scott Hill from the states but not the same guy.
            "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

            Comment


              #36
              I have seen the poster advertising the event. I've also seen the write up. Both said that Scott Hill's opponent was Marc Cambier. Now Marc has an MMA record, but I never found anything about the WECF.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Stringfellow
                I know this much:

                Pat Marcil and Scott Hill both participated in an event in Montreal called "Bloodsport". My understanding was that they were short-notice replacements. I remember seeing the poster in one of the schools at the time, which their pictures on it. I think that the organization putting it on was something like "World Extreme Championship Fighting" (I remember seeing "WECF" on the poster). They both won their fights. I've searched for the event as well and come up with nothing. There was a writeup in a Manotick newspaper about Scott that has some details. Interestingly, there was absolutely no mention of this to anyone until after the event. I guess they didn't want a crowd of students there just in case.
                Stringfellow, do you have a time frame for when the fight was, or when the article was published? would be easier to contact the Manotick paper saying I'm looking for a sporting event from May2004(example), then what do you have on Scott Hill?

                Comment


                  #38
                  Peter I saw Marc Cambier's fight against Todd Gouwenberg at TKO 15. He was introduced as being in his MMA debut, if that helps.
                  "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Stringfellow
                    I know this much:

                    Pat Marcil and Scott Hill both participated in an event in Montreal called "Bloodsport". My understanding was that they were short-notice replacements. I remember seeing the poster in one of the schools at the time, which their pictures on it. I think that the organization putting it on was something like "World Extreme Championship Fighting" (I remember seeing "WECF" on the poster). They both won their fights. I've searched for the event as well and come up with nothing. There was a writeup in a Manotick newspaper about Scott that has some details. Interestingly, there was absolutely no mention of this to anyone until after the event. I guess they didn't want a crowd of students there just in case.
                    I think I know the place...
                    it just struck me now :eusa_doh: its not far away from my home and I think I know why there were not much talk about it. Lets just say the place is very unofficial. Its a Xiaolin & ultimate fighting place located at the second floor of a chinese restaurant.
                    If I'm right (which I'm sure of 90% now) its pretty crappy and winning in such a place is not much glory...
                    I'll check the place eventually if I got the time soon.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I grew up in Ottawa and had friends who trained in WCD\MWC\FSD (take your pick of the name) and at one point got into it with his wife on the net a few years ago...

                      Anyways a lot of my good friends were students there, and in fact were brown sashes when there was only one black sash (Patenaude himself). I actually spoke to DeMille about Patenaude and he claims Patenaude only has a few hours of training from an instructors camp.

                      Some of my fond memories of that place were Patenaude telling a student (my friend) to slash the tires of another wing chun instructor, and Patenaude flipping out at some dude at a seminar because the guy had the nerve to open his mouth.

                      When I 14 I totally bought the hype, but my prents wouldn't pay for my classes...I can't thank them enough for that.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by marcdscott
                        I grew up in Ottawa and had friends who trained in WCD\MWC\FSD (take your pick of the name) and at one point got into it with his wife on the net a few years ago...

                        Anyways a lot of my good friends were students there, and in fact were brown sashes when there was only one black sash (Patenaude himself). I actually spoke to DeMille about Patenaude and he claims Patenaude only has a few hours of training from an instructors camp.

                        Some of my fond memories of that place were Patenaude telling a student (my friend) to slash the tires of another wing chun instructor, and Patenaude flipping out at some dude at a seminar because the guy had the nerve to open his mouth.

                        When I 14 I totally bought the hype, but my prents wouldn't pay for my classes...I can't thank them enough for that.
                        if what you say is true... wow ...just wow

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Im also from Ottawa and ive had a few friends in FSD. They both left for 2 reasons: They charged for everything (seminars, sparring classes, too many belt tests etc), and it didnt teach them anything. Hey all the Ottawa people should get together for a beer and shoot the martial shit.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Jaric
                            Im also from Ottawa and ive had a few friends in FSD. They both left for 2 reasons: They charged for everything (seminars, sparring classes, too many belt tests etc), and it didnt teach them anything. Hey all the Ottawa people should get together for a beer and shoot the martial shit.
                            don't forget to come here after we got some :spanky: to do here too :smile:

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by GreenHornet
                              if what you say is true... wow ...just wow
                              Trust me it is all true, this is back in the late eighties early nineties.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                The following is interesting with regards to this discussion, worth reading for anyone still in Feng Shen Do or a similiar situation: Is Your Martial Art a Cult
                                "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X