Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my refund from West-wind Berkeley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm loving this thread more and more..

I'm not alone, yeah!! Beka, you seem to be knowing WW inside workings. Do share some of them. This is the biggest rip off place I've ever come across.

Comment

I'm simply an outsider looking in.

Why don't you contact me sometime, my AIM is in my profile, and we'll talk more about the place.

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

do you also use yahoo IM? I got rid of AOL a while back.

Comment

*sigh*, yes.

the name is the same as on AIM.

Comment

WHats the longest time one can wait to sue?

Comment

It depends on the statute of limitations in civil matters in california. Typically there is a seperate, longer SOL on contract actions. In connecticut its 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Browning
                It depends on the statute of limitations in civil matters in california. Typically there is a seperate, longer SOL on contract actions. In connecticut its 6 years.
                Sure you can sue the problem is even if you win it's another matter collecting the money. IMHO your out $1600 dollars and small claims court would be wasting your time even further. Think about it this way your going to be pleading your case in front of a judge who probably has no MA training and wouldnt know Bullshido if it was right in front of him. All west wind has to do is bring a few of there "brainwashed students" into court and tell the judge how great the place is. Power of numbers Westwind has it and you dont and the judge is going to probably side with them unless you spend a whole lot of money preparing an airtight case again a waste of time.

Comment

OMG! you actually fell for paying 100 ducks per month. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by konosan
                    OMG! you actually fell for paying 100 ducks per month. WTF?
                    OMG! you fell for an Aikido Dojo! WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by KageKaze
                      OMG! you fell for an Aikido Dojo! WTF?!

My aikido dojo kicks ass! We don't do that Pussy hippie iwama shit!

And i wouldn't get suckered into paying that much money for lessons even if O'sensei himself came back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Zarella
                        Sure you can sue the problem is even if you win it's another matter collecting the money. IMHO your out $1600 dollars and small claims court would be wasting your time even further. Think about it this way your going to be pleading your case in front of a judge who probably has no MA training and wouldnt know Bullshido if it was right in front of him. All west wind has to do is bring a few of there "brainwashed students" into court and tell the judge how great the place is. Power of numbers Westwind has it and you dont and the judge is going to probably side with them unless you spend a whole lot of money preparing an airtight case again a waste of time.
                        Jay, neither of us have enought information at this point to know the precise nature of his claim so saying it is a waste of time is premature. You don't even have the brains to ask the questions that would elicit the information that would either prove or disprove your point. Once again like the time you claimed a Brown Belt in BJJ or talked about cheating on your wife I question your sanity. And yes, fuck you.

Comment

Jay, neither of us have enought information at this point to know the precise nature of his claim so saying it is a waste of time is premature. You don't even have the brains to ask the questions that would elicit the information that would either prove or disprove your point. Once again like the time you claimed a Brown Belt in BJJ or talked about cheating on your wife I question your sanity. And yes, fuck you.
                          Buddy i proved that claim a long time ago, go check the JFS ASIA thread and it's all there layed out for you. Have i cheated on my wife? Yea doesnt everyone? Do i have a GF yea. Will i cheat on her? Why not? I really dont need to ask any questions because ive been to small claims court and it's up to the person your sueing if they really want to pay you. Can you fuck up there credit sure. If there credits already fucked up why would they care about paying you.

Now how the fuck are you going to run this by a judge? Dont you think He/She's going to ask "Why were you enrolled for so long"? What happens Westwind countersue's and they lose.......Geez now your in a real jackpot arent you!

The problem with a dude like yourself is thinking you know everything and IM SORRY you just dont. Are you a lawyer? because it would certainly explain the attitude problem. Wanna know why we have so many problems in this Country? Because people like yourself have twisted and perverted the intent of the law beyond recognition. The insanity thing is just bullshit imho! Everyones insane some more then others besides that life must be really fucking boring running around claiming "Look at me im normal" "shouldnt i recieve an achievement award for this"...........So what does your day consist of bilking people out of money, chasin ambulances down. Are you a criminal lawyer that actually helps people or just another money grubbin bitch, my guess would be the latter.

The biggest problem im having right now is trying to justify going back overseas, so that people who refuse to open there eyes have a better life. So the next time you step in your Ford Explorer why dont you consider the 4+ Marines who are getting smoked everyday, im not even gonna get into prosthetics and the people coming back home with missing apppendetures. Buddy that's what i care about, not someone trying to get $1600 back from a McDojo. I gave my advice and imho it's the correct advice. You want to help them prepare a legal case well then "hats off to you" and i hope you win. Dont try to turn this into a personal vendetta, I gave my advice and if you dont approve of it "well that's just tough".

Prove me wrong collect the $1600 and i'll apologize otherwise it's a waste of time. Besides that most of these people who fall for this McDojo shit arent real fighters. That's why they get taken. An arguement can be made that at least there asses are out exercizing instead of sitting home eating food and doing nothing. Westwind i gaurantee will roll in a few students and plenty of written statements to back up any bullshit claims there going to make.

To the poster who lost the $1600 dont get me wrong, I feel for you but sometimes it's just better to let things go and move on, and this certainly looks like one of them.

Comment

First I'm not licensed to practice law in California so your demand for me to prove you wrong is Bullshit. I simply can't hop on a plane from Connecticut and represent him there. Secondly no, not everyone cheats on their wife. And even fewer brag about it on the internet as you originally did.

Next you bring in your service status when I didn't go there, and never have. Its irrelevant to this discussion.

You simply didn't ask enough questions to provide meaningful advice such as "what was the wording of the contract", "what are you claiming that they didn't do that they were obligated to do" or "how long ago did you walk away from this contract."

"Now how the fuck are you going to run this by a judge? Dont you think He/She's going to ask "Why were you enrolled for so long"? What happens Westwind countersue's and they lose.......Geez now your in a real jackpot arent you!"

Almost hidden in this atrocity of the English Language is the question "what is the theory of the case" which you never dug deep enough to find and evaluate. Secondly if the person sues Westwind and wins and Westwind does not want to pay the relevant question is whether 1) California allows bank executions, and 2) whether the person who started this thread knows where West Wind keeps their cash. If they ever wrote him a check for some reason he might know this information. But you didn't ask.

And your Brown Belt, which post on that thread? Its an epic, while you are gone I will be happy to research the matter or just say the name of the BJJ Black Belt who supposedly awarded your Brown Belt, the year of this award, and the town where he was located and I will find him. Do you have any other claims like you were then using a different name that I should know about?
                            Last edited by Sam Browning; 4/03/2006 4:46pm, .

Comment

I did run the words "brown belt" through the Beast v. Evil Asia thread and found nothing concerning you and such BJJ rank. Care to be more specific?

Comment

First I'm not licensed to practice law in California so your demand for me to prove you wrong is Bullshit. I simply can't hop on a plane from Connecticut and represent him there. Secondly no, not everyone cheats on their wife. And even fewer brag about it on the internet as you originally did.

Next you bring in your service status when I didn't go there, and never have. Its irrelevant to this discussion.

You simply didn't ask enough questions to provide meaningful advice such as "what was the wording of the contract", "what are you claiming that they didn't do that they were obligated to do" or "how long ago did you walk away from this contract."

"Now how the fuck are you going to run this by a judge? Dont you think He/She's going to ask "Why were you enrolled for so long"? What happens Westwind countersue's and they lose.......Geez now your in a real jackpot arent you!"

Almost hidden in this atrocity of the English Language is the question "what is the theory of the case" which you never dug deep enough to find and evaluate. Secondly if the person sues Westwind and wins and Westwind does not want to pay the relevant question is whether 1) California allows bank executions, and 2) whether the person who started this thread knows where West Wind keeps their cash. If they ever wrote him a check for some reason he might know this information. But you didn't ask.

And your Brown Belt, which post on that thread? Its an epic, while you are gone I will be happy to research the matter or just say the name of the BJJ Black Belt who supposedly awarded your Brown Belt, the year of this award, and the town where he was located and I will find him. Do you have any other claims like you were then using a different name that I should know about?
                                The informations there in the JFS Asia thread im not going to run around all over again posting URLs it's a long thread and as you say ample oppurtunity to research it out while im gone. In the meantime:

Why did it take 16 months for said individual to come forward with a request refund for services not performed properly? That's what the Judge is going to ask! Well im assuming $100 a month though since West Wind from all accounts is a McDojo they probably rooked them out of $3-500 dollars in bullshit charges ie: seminars, Gi etc etc..........Then the person has to specify exactly why they want a judgement for and let me tell you a Judge is going to want alot more then "well i saw it on bullshido so it must be true". There are some things on Bullshido whereas a Judge could look and say "well it sure looks like bullshido to me" You may even be responsible for some of these projects. Im sure most of the people here respect your sleuthing capabilities. I admit some of the shit you've done has had me crackin up so whatever. Opinions, everyones got one ,and this is mine on westwind and i believe im correct.

Now i have a flight to catch in a few hours. Im simply amazed at how much free time some of the people have here! It's a wonder they ever get out from behind the keyboard and actually train. Whatever, i'll be back in a few months unless we decide to invade Iran. Who knows maybe they'll offer me a better reenlistment package, although i dont see what possibly at this point would "measure up". One more thing i was also a big fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle growing up. In fact i own a highly sought after copy of the "Hound of the Baskervilles" UK first edition. So just because someones grammar isnt up to snuff doesnt equate to intellect. That spellcheck police is basically garbage imho.....I really hope you arent going to start travelling down that slippery slope.

Why dont you join the service we could really use your help ferreting out the shamers every morning at sick call. Hell a guy like yourself would love to hand out a few article 15s to some of the Y gen fuckheads we have running around.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X