Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my refund from West-wind Berkeley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JKDChick
    I wonder if some kind of voodoo sacrifice might help.
    Or an angry, torch-wielding mob at the Westwind HQ...
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Originally posted by Beatdown Richie
      Originally posted by JKDChick
      I wonder if some kind of voodoo sacrifice might help.
      Or an angry, torch-wielding mob at the Westwind HQ...

Oh gosh - they both sound so fun. Can't we do both?
      You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

I vote for Gong Sau!

Seriously though, why didn't alarm bells go off when training was $100 per week!?!?!

Unless they're going to teach you teh r3al Dim Mak it's pretty obvious you're getting ripped off.

Shop around next time and don't sign contracts. I personally won't sign in any place for more than three months, and even that is a stretch.

As far as I'm concerned a teacher should be confident enough that his training will keep people coming back, not the contract they're forced to sign.

Contracts in martial arts are bullshido! In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kurrimasta
          hey guys,

i wish i had seen this forum before enrolling at west-wind, but oh well. i signed up for a 16-week trial program for $1600 in october. After two weeks of training I requested a refund and de-enrolled from the school. till this day they have been giving the weirdest run-around why they can't pay my refund. at first they said wait till november, then till january when i'll get it "for sure." now apparently there are 12 people ahead of me to get a refund and they are using all their resources to pay their rent. it's all a bunch of lies, and a shit-poor organization. It seems like I might have to take a legal route sometime soon...

can anyone offer me advice to get my money back?

thanks
          Consider it a life lesson in how big of a moron you are.

Comment

Wow $400/month per student is pretty good money. Think I'll start a new thread: How do get a franchise?

Comment

Can someone fill me in as to what style they teach? If they are known as a good school? Have they done this to any other Bullshido members? so oon etc

Comment

Look up the member "bunyip" and "West Wind" in the search function. That'll tell you all you need to know ... actually, here it is:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ight=West+Wind
                Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by beka
                  You will probably have to hire someone to serve them their papers, as they generally try to avoid any acceptance of court documents.

If you need help figuring out exactly who to serve, or where to potentially send papers, just let me know. I know the names and the haunts.
                  Ask the court house to send them the papers directly, via priority mail. They'll be delivered and hopefully signed for without second thought by them. It holds up in court and it's free. Worth a shot at least.
                  Last edited by Keyser Soze; 1/17/2006 7:05pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by kurrimasta
                    thanks for the replies.

-snip-
                    im going to withold from pasting the contract verbatim until the legal dust settles.
                    Why do people do this? POST the contract! You should remove any private information and even names if you want, but the contract itself is NOT A CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT. A lot of people here could:

1. Help you more if they knew exactly what you signed.

2. You could help others see what to watch out for.

3. Just post the fricken thing!

4. It would actually be a nice resource to be able to compare and contrast what amounts to a bad contract to a good (and yes they exists) contract.

/endrant

Comment

lol, I might have to go check this place out if we move back to the Bay Area this year... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
                        Ask the court house to send them the papers directly, via priority mail. They'll be delivered and hopefully signed for without second thought by them. It holds up in court and it's free. Worth a shot at least.

It has been tried before and they refuse to sign for any mail. I imagine our friend here could try, but it has, so far, had a 100% failure rate.

I have a copy of a WW contract. If I can find it I will post it. It's boring.

Comment

if posting the contract won't compromise anything legally then i'll have it up this weekend when i go home. i definitely made a big and costly mistake, but it will serve as a valuable lesson. thanks for the help...

chill out umpa lumpa

Comment

hey beka could you send me a pm? i tried sending you one but something is broke with my account. i have some follow up questions. btw sensei ss

Comment

Ah, my favorite sensei of them all. *swoon* *barf*

you can't use the PM feature until you get over 10 posts.

Comment

Good luck on that...

..kiss those bucks bye bye, if you haven't sent in a formal resignation letter. Even then, forget it, they indicate in the contract a ton of fees (guess for the Escalade and the Armani suits oh not to forget the Rolex). Keep me posted. I'm not counting on ever seeing my money back..~8-P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X