• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ninja" sparring anyone?

Does anyone like fake ninjas?
    Does anyone like fake ninjas sparring?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...771&q=sparring

Here's a tip boys, that's not ninjitsu you're doing, that's Tai Kwon Do you dicks. I guess it's hard to push bullshido in Korea by any other means. If this is their "Best of Sparring", I'd like to see what didn't make the cut.

PS Ignore the first half of the video, it's just a wank.

Haha, that's some funny "ninjutsu"!
    Well, it's better than some really bad ninja dojos around. I know of one that had students doing flying kicks off chairs.

Comment

Jesus that was bad ... I am going to have nightmares of show off TKD-ers with smoking hot windmill punching action now ... Thanks Virus ...
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Fucking TKDers trying to be ninjas...... (thats for you DerAuslander)

Comment

Originally posted by KageKaze
          Fucking TKDers trying to be ninjas......
          It can't really get much worse than that can it?

Comment

Thanks a lot there Virus, I want those five minutes of my life back.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
              Do you dicks. I guess it's hard to push bullshido in Korea by any other means.
              It wasn't in Korea.

Comment

What the hell was with the ref jumping in and stopping it whenever they punched each other?

Also, as someone who once did TKD I'm vaguely insulted that what you saw there was compared to TKD. We at least had head shots allowed, although on second thoughts maybe it was allowed in that clip and it was just none of them could lift there legs that high.

Comment

Damn it, wake up after drinking all night with a beautiful woman and this is the first thing I gotta deal with?

Like Babo78 said, that wasn't in Korea. I guess all Asians look alike to you guys. The majority of those guys looked to be Chinese. The names listed in the vid were Chinese. The writing on the wall was Chinese.

Secondly, the use of chest gear does not automatically mean it's TKD. Shorinji Kempo uses them. A lot of schools use them. In fact hogu/bogu were first used in the Okinawan karate arts for sparring, as modifications of kendo chestgear. It filtered into Taekwondo through the Japanese karate connection.

There's a Bullshido thread devoted to this so-called "Kagega Ryu Ninjutsu" here: http://bullshido.net/forums/printthread.php?t=18457

But yeah....those guys suck...

"Thank you, come again."

Fucking ninjas...
                  Last edited by DerAuslander; 1/13/2006 2:15pm, .

Comment

Gotta agree with DerAuslander108 simply because most TKDers who don't know how to use their hands have the good sense not to try ;)

Comment

why the hell did they call that ninjutsu??

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Rooster
                        why the hell did they call that ninjutsu??
                        'cuz it needs to DISAPPEAR.

:new_vampv
                        "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

Where were the smokebombs??
                          :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Comment

That's what I want to know. It's not the real ninjutsu if they don't spar after throwing smoke bombs at each other.

Comment

not great sparring, but chances are those guys are the deadliest ninjas around. that was probabl my first time seeing ninjas spar. also probably my first time seeing people useing only chest guards, no gloves or shin guards? why wear such overprotective gear if ur gonna neglect the ones you probably need?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X